• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker MK38vn - Brightest Full Size Popcan R (Pre-Order)

Patriot

Flashaholic
My MK38 doesn't quite reach 500Kcd by my measurements but it's no slouch at 471Kcd. A big 145Kcd jump over my K30GTvn90 with more than triple the output. I know that Vinh mentioned that a donut might be visible with this model but I don't know what LED that's with. If there's any donut on my SFT40 version, I'm unable to see it. According to the light meter, the center yields the highest throw number. The K30GTvn90 has a rather obvious donut, for example. Very different lights, I know. It's just the "closest" popcan light I have for comparison.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Any update for the 70.3 LED arrival?
I got the HI 4500K 90CRI in. They are decent but nowhere near 519a good to my eyes. I have HI 6500K coming also. I hope these are just nice pure white without any yellow or green.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Can anyone with the SFT-40 version share their experiences with color temperature. These are stated to be 6500 but my MK-38 is no where near that high. In fact, it's slightly warmer than almost every W2 5400 that I've compared it with, regardless of the power setting. I'm quite happy about this but is what I'm experiencing normal for this LED?

Did the 5700 version SFT-40 somehow end up in my light?

What are others experiencing with any SFT-40 light, either stock or something Vinh has built?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Pöbel

Enlightened
My SFT40 is very cool white. Too cool for my taste, but as there are/were no other options when I purchased its ok for me.
I like the light very much, although I hate cool white :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
My SFT40 is very cool white. Too cool for my taste, but as there are/were no other options when I purchased its ok for me.
I like the light very much, although I hate cool white :)
That's interesting. To my eye it's the same or warmer that the W2 and W2.1 5400k lights. I suppose I'll have to take some beamshots on a white wall and have you guys take a look at them as well. All of my other lights seems to make sense based on their stated color temp vs. what I actually see. I don't think I'm unable to tell the difference but perhaps I'm being fooled, you never know.

Thanks for the input, Pöbel