MBI: "Thing" - My newest, top secret "the product with no name"

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MBI: "Thing" - My newest, top secret "the product with no name"

I'm at the post office with the last of the thing batch ( excepting just 2 that need something else in the package, and 2 I almost forgot )

The secret place details are/is in the envelope ;) with your things.

It's been a long long 2 weeks of thing assembly and my head is spinning.

Very very very much hope you enjoy them!

I'll send out as many "it's shipped" mails as possible as soon as I get home but I have an early start tomorrow so in case I don't finish the rest will go out when I'm back home in the evening.

:bow:

Tgwnn

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have been thinking about this for a little while. If we could get everyone to hold up posting pics & too many details? Basically until most everyone gets their Thing. That would keep the spoilers down for those who are at the end of the shipping or live further away. Of course, this is only a idea. I know, I will hold off posting. I may even not check in on the thread just so it isn't spoiled for me. Just a wacky idea. :tinfoil::anyone:

Alba

Newly Enlightened

I have been thinking about this for a little while. If we could get everyone to hold up posting pics & too many details? Basically until most everyone gets their Thing. That would keep the spoilers down for those who are at the end of the shipping or live further away. Of course, this is only a idea. I know, I will hold off posting. I may even not check in on the thread just so it isn't spoiled for me. Just a wacky idea. :tinfoil::anyone:

I believe we are already honor-bound not to post any photos or details until the end of February. Cutting-and-pasting from the pre-order page:

Guidelines for Purchase

1. No public posting of photos before February 29 2016
  2. No public posting of information about (or in regards to) this product before February 29 2016
  3. A private, non-publicly viewable, online discussion forum (which will require registration) will be made available for optional feedback and related discussion.
I've purposely called the above conditions "Guidelines" because this is not a legally binding agreement, rather a good citizen clause. My sincere hope is that you will follow the guidelines to maximise the chance of success by keeping things private until I'm ready to publicly launch them.

(I'm assuming the online discussion forum mentioned in the Guidelines is not this particular thread.)

EDIT: In post #402, Tgwnn did indeed write that "The secret place details are/is in the envelope
wink.gif
with your things."

Last edited:

Alba

Newly Enlightened

I'm very excited to get my Things!

However, the tracking link for my shipment doesn't seem to contain enough unique characters to be an individual tracking number... there's nothing in the URL after "reqCodeNo1=". Has anyone got their shipment tracking to work?

TEEJ

Flashaholic

I believe we are already honor-bound not to post any photos or details until the end of February. Cutting-and-pasting from the pre-order page:

Guidelines for Purchase

1. No public posting of photos before February 29 2016
  2. No public posting of information about (or in regards to) this product before February 29 2016
  3. A private, non-publicly viewable, online discussion forum (which will require registration) will be made available for optional feedback and related discussion.
I've purposely called the above conditions "Guidelines" because this is not a legally binding agreement, rather a good citizen clause. My sincere hope is that you will follow the guidelines to maximise the chance of success by keeping things private until I'm ready to publicly launch them.

(I'm assuming the online discussion forum mentioned in the Guidelines is not this particular thread.)

I just received mine, and wow.

I do have to apologize for a public comment though, as this is important: DO NOT FEED THEM AFTER MIDNIGHT!!!!!!

OK, just had to warn those who might not notice the small warning sticker.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Str8stroke,

The reason I've included the "secret place" for feedback inside the mailed package, is exactly for that reason.
You'll need to register to access (and I'll need to authorize each registration) so once you've been surprised, I'm hoping you'll be excited enough to come and share your feedback.

Of course, after the curtain is lifted end of Feb, we can continue discussions here as usual.

Thanks again to everyone for your patience.
For a very first batch of a first product, all in all, I'm pleased with how it went in terms of timing.
Just a few days later than I hoped/planned but given the end of year timing, and having assembled, packed, soldered, potted, etc.. hundreds of things, at MBI HQ mostly on my own, the schedule did not slip by much, but still room to improve with the next new product/version.

Time to sleep ZZZzzz~~

Thanks so very much.

Tgwnn

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

:rock: My thing is in the mail!

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm very excited to get my Things!

However, the tracking link for my shipment doesn't seem to contain enough unique characters to be an individual tracking number... there's nothing in the URL after "reqCodeNo1=". Has anyone got their shipment tracking to work?

Hi Alba,

In the event someone selected the "No Tracking" shipping option during the order process, the tracking link will not work.
I'm sorry for any confusion with that.

I do have to apologize for a public comment though, as this is important: DO NOT FEED THEM AFTER MIDNIGHT!!!!!!

:crackup:

... and be sure to wash the sticker to prevent sticking :crackup:

Tgwnn

p.s. I'm joking but TEEJ may be serious (or not?) :wave:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm glad I paid for the quicker shipping! That's one of the best shipped emails I've ever had...

Alba

Newly Enlightened

Hi Alba,

In the event someone selected the "No Tracking" shipping option during the order process, the tracking link will not work.
I'm sorry for any confusion with that.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

Alba

Newly Enlightened

Wow, you received yours already and you're in New Jersey?! How many days did it take for the package to cross the ocean and reach you?

m95c

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the update!

easilyled

Flashaholic

You've given the game away now! I've deduced that they are vampires and that they feed on batteries.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, you received yours already and you're in New Jersey?! How many days did it take for the package to cross the ocean and reach you?

:crackup:TEEJ has a great sense of humour.

No, the Things are still in the mail. :)

e-

Alba

Newly Enlightened

:crackup:TEEJ has a great sense of humour.

No, the Things are still in the mail. :)

e-

I caught the "don't feed them after midnight" Gremlins reference, but thought it was true that he'd actually received the Things. Whoosh! right over my head.

So... how long does it generally take for small packages to reach the US from Japan?

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Mine came with the trits and tachyons option, so it arrived shorty before he sent it.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast

My tracking number doesn't work. Guess I'll be surprised when it shows up. :)