• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McE2S TwoStage Switch: HA-Nat & BK - FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: McE2S TurnKey tail switches: build to suit

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Bill, please go ahead and pay pal when you have received notice of shipping. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Don:

PayPal sent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Hmmm, no PayPal email receipt yet! Never took this long before but it does show in my account as sent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Finally got the email receipt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
PeterB said:
Hello Don,

No, 0.5Watt is enough! I assumed the 4X60 is the standard you use.
In fact I don't need high wattage, since I have only small voltage drops (I want to use 2 Pilas +DB+Lux5)

Thanks!

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]
Peter:

I haven't seen it all yet but I haven't seen a 5W DB mentioned here! Your going to run Pila's you say but what can you use with this configuration? This always confuses me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Bill,

The standard set up use 2 1/4 watt resistors giving a total power handling of 1/2 watt.

OK, headed to the Post office with all of the international shipments. Wish me luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PeterB

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
wptski said:
[ QUOTE ]
PeterB said:
Hello Don,

No, 0.5Watt is enough! I assumed the 4X60 is the standard you use.
In fact I don't need high wattage, since I have only small voltage drops (I want to use 2 Pilas +DB+Lux5)

Thanks!

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]
Peter:

I haven't seen it all yet but I haven't seen a 5W DB mentioned here! Your going to run Pila's you say but what can you use with this configuration? This always confuses me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wptski, a Downboy and LuxV is an exotic configuration. With a DB the Vin has to be higher than Vf, that means this combination will work with 3 CR123 (or 4 CR123 of course) and 2 Pila's. The advantage is a very efficient low setting compared to a badboy with 2 cells and you can go to larger high currents. I think 1000mA should work. I'm planning to use balrogs E3 body for this.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
PeterB said:
[ QUOTE ]
wptski said:
[ QUOTE ]
PeterB said:
wptski, a Downboy and LuxV is an exotic configuration. With a DB the Vin has to be higher than Vf, that means this combination will work with 3 CR123 (or 4 CR123 of course) and 2 Pila's. The advantage is a very efficient low setting compared to a badboy with 2 cells and you can go to larger high currents. I think 1000mA should work. I'm planning to use balrogs E3 body for this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pater:

Thanks! Yeah, you mostly see a Lux-III with a DB, not a Lux-V.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

The two stage resistor switches are more efficient when coupled with the DownBoys and presumably other step down converters compared to the boost converters. At least this has been my experience.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Yeah, ok, but they are still an impressive solution for BBs, too!
Several hours of low light on a 1x123 set-up is more thas sufficient and on 2x123 BB750 5W you get more than 10h of "low" light ... nothing to laugh at!
The really strong point about these tailcaps is that they can be used with what we already have, making our old lights into new multi-level devices AND that they are interchangeable indipendently and seperately from the head with the driver to create different set-ups from parts you have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

bernhard

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine just arrive a few minutes ago. I put it on one of my lights to try it out. It is smoother than the converted SF tailcaps. Very nice feel in the button. The new spring has very nice pressure without being too strong.

Thank you Don for designing and making these. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mut

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don:

Got my tailcaps today! I quickly swapped a spring and my 1.7 ohm McE2S to one of the tailcaps! I love the feel of the spring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I see that the Shoppe has the springs listed but none in stock yet.

The only question I have is, does the smell from the rubber boot cap ever go away? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Beretta1526 said:

Oooooh that smell, can't you smell that smell?

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Guys,
You should walk by the bag that's full of the caps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Between the boots and the nail polish, my two remaining brain cells are in jeopordy! I am assuming that the neoprene will eventually stop smelling but I guess time will tell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

If you want, I can stop selling these for a couple weeks or months and let the boots air out prior to release?

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Guys,
You should walk by the bag that's full of the caps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Between the boots and the nail polish, my two remaining brain cells are in jeopordy! I am assuming that the neoprene will eventually stop smelling but I guess time will tell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

If you want, I can stop selling these for a couple weeks or months and let the boots air out prior to release?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
Nooooo please don't stop making us empty our wallets.
I can hold my my light in my hand away from my nose.

mut

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Baahhhhaaaaaaaaa /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Yer killin me!

I noticed it, but didn't object. I just couldn't resist with the Skynrd line...

BTW: your assessment of the right resistor was dead on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]
Don:

Let's see, stinking boots! I got it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Instead of using bubble wrap to ship the caps, use Oder-Eaters shoe inserts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

sygyzy

Enlightened

I am sorry for the confusion, but what is a turnkey and what is the point of having a resistor in the tail switch? Is it to give multiple light levels (like a 2 stage)?

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Turnkey means that the piece works right out of the box, no assembly required. You are right. The point is to be able to have low output from the light (resisted) as well as full output.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don:

I've got two Polar(heart rate monitor) bike handle bar adapters which are listed as being made from recyled polyurethane. They have the same odor as the tail cap boots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts