• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McE2S TwoStage Switch: HA-Nat & BK - FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj

Enlightened
Re: McE2S TurnKey tail switches: build to suit

I received the tailcap. Thank you, Don! I took some pictures and upload them to my site. Hope this helps future buyers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
McE2S 2 stage switches-HA -Nat & BK

kj,

Great photos! Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I now have the tail caps in HA- Nat as well and am offering them in build to suit along with the black. Same method of order as laid out on the first post in this thread.

I found some washers similar to the ones in the 123 cells and I am now including these in the builds, placed between the boot flange and jam nut. Although they aren't required in all cases, I don't like the idea of one of you having to take one of these switches apart and shiming it to get constant on function.

As kj's photos illustrate, the one component in these switches that falls well short of the rest in terms of perceived quality is the jam nut. Getting these machined out of nylon was more expensive than if they had been turned from Al and anodized. They suit their purpose and function just fine but they are ugly and a PITA due to the interference in the thread. I have gone ahead and requested a quote on a mold and plan to get the part molded. The unit cost on the nut will go way down but the cost of the mold will be painful! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif None the less, I am hopeful that these switches will become as popular with others as I have found them to be and I want them to be right! The molded nuts are at least two months away so there will be plenty of the current machined nuts placed in service.

Thanks guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: McE2S 2 stage switches-HA -Nat & BK

Great pics kj! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Here are some quickly taken ones of mine (pardon the dust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ). I have no problem getting constant one with mine. Find them a bit more hefty than the standard E2D tailcap but that means it's solidly made. The black HA is as Don said, very close to that of Surfire's, just a tad paler maybe but matches the black PR-T heads perfectly of course. The blind tapped hole on the knurled section lines up perfectly as a witness mark corresponding to that on the Surefire body to show where lock-out position is & another full turn will show where constant on starts. Good stuff! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Hi Don:
I'd like to order (1) McE2S-BK-(60 ohm) for my black PR-DB917-TV0K.
Thank you,
oldgrandpajack

Kiessling

Flashaholic
oh .. HA-NAT ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'd like :
1 x HA-NAT 30 ohms
1 x HA-NAT 22 ohms

e-mail inbound ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernhard

Chooch

Newly Enlightened
Don,

Email sent for 1x HA-NAT 10 Ohms plus 2x of the new softer springs if possible.

Thanks,
Herman

Phinque

Newly Enlightened
I would like the following switches:

1 ==> HA-NAT 22
1 ==> HA-NAT 60
1 ==> Black 60
1 ==> Black 22

Sending email,
Perry

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I'll get on these tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Don...

I`d like to get three (3) black HA 60 ohm tailcaps.

Thanks!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I admit to being derilect of duty yesterday and most of today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I got to watch one of our favorite photographers from New York "tie the knott" here in the bay area yesterday in the company of a certain major weenie along with our wives and we had a nice dinner and illuminating discussion well into the beginning of today. I have blown most of this day now with phone and E-munications and it's about time I get to the soldering iron and work bench so I can put on the shipper's hat later tonight! I hope to get to all of the existing requests before going Ni-Ni and if you don't receive an E-mail with postage tracking for your switches by tomorrow morning, please assume that I screwed up and feel free to send me a follow up E-mail if you are so inclined. I think I got all of the orders sorted out from *other* stuff but *we* must consider the sorter! Since I have a good number of these switch components I can sell, I will likely stop by on ocassion and post some useful piece of information that is in fact, probably just a veiled bump to keep this thread alive and in your face! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Hi guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I admit to being derilect of duty yesterday and most of today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I got to watch one of our favorite photographers from New York "tie the knott" here in the bay area yesterday in the company of a certain major weenie along with our wives and we had a nice dinner and illuminating discussion well into the beginning of today. I have blown most of this day now with phone and E-munications and it's about time I get to the soldering iron and work bench so I can put on the shipper's hat later tonight! I hope to get to all of the existing requests before going Ni-Ni and if you don't receive an E-mail with postage tracking for your switches by tomorrow morning, please assume that I screwed up and feel free to send me a follow up E-mail if you are so inclined. I think I got all of the orders sorted out from *other* stuff but *we* must consider the sorter! Since I have a good number of these switch components I can sell, I will likely stop by on ocassion and post some useful piece of information that is in fact, probably just a veiled bump to keep this thread alive and in your face! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Don:

Everybody needs a break once in a while! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks Bill! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kj,

Here's a quick shot of a couple of Bill's tailcaps:

HA-Nat.jpg

The color and thickness of the anodize puts it well within the variations found in the SF parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, rubbing shoulders with celebs are we? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif Did you show them any of your McLuxes during the course of the evening's 'illuminating discussion'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

desmondpun

Newly Enlightened
Hi Don...

I`d like to have the following please.

McE2S-BK-15 ohm (1 please)
McE2S-Nat-15 ohm (1 please)
McE2S-Nat-22 ohm (1 please)
McE2S-Nat-60 ohm (2 please)

Thanks

gp01

Newly Enlightened
I would like:
1 - HA 22
1 - BK 15
I will also send email but I need your PayPal address.

Status
Not open for further replies.