Melbourne - Australia [ not Florida ] Next Meet ?

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm out that weekend and the prior weekend.
The moon is waxing on the 30th and would be about the same as the 23rd.

Norm

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Sherbrooke may not be necessary there shouldn't be a problem with he moon on the 30th.

Norm

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sherbrooke may not be necessary there shouldn't be a problem with he moon on the 30th.

Norm

30th :hitit:

Location ?
Lysterfield Lake? Grant's Picnic Grounds, Kallista? Sherbrooke Falls picnic area, Sherbrooke?

Jells Park? - or Maybe Back side of Lysterfield park ? of Hallam North Rd I think .. If you Google Earth , there is a nice car park ..

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
ScreenShot003.jpg

Here is a Google Earth Grab ! = One of these days I should just go take a look , but looks like a nice spot maybe ...

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from checking out the proposed venue at 0230hrs. Took a nice cruise alone on this cold and foggy night via Wellington Rd. Almost hit 6 bloody roos lining the friggin road, saw them in time and managed to swerve away. Got to the end of Hallam North Rd carpark, a solitary Mitsubishi Pajero parked smack in middle of the tiny space with seriously foggy windows made the "recce" more difficult as I didn't want to intrude. Looks very dark and isolated though, even with residential properties lining Hallam North Rd, Lysterfield South. The perfect setting for Romero's Night of The Living Dead...

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=h...=lLQJe_6ySN52cUyROBu1TA&cbp=13,46.67,,0,13.55

Last edited:

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see any picnic tables and benches to sit on and to put our stuff, it seems we may have to use ours car bonnets for that, which is fine by me.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't suppose we can delay this until I land my FFIII? I'm sure Gav would love a play with it :)

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bloody hot this morning, there was ice and frost on the front yard and the roof of my car. Time to get the bathers and thongs and head to the beach.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or we could go to the Horswood Rd end of the lake and have a BBQ since we have CPFers coming from country areas like Wangaratta, Ballarat and Warragul. Having a good BBQ on a cold winters night will make the trip for all more enjoyable. I can supply the meat, just need a head count so I can buy enough.

280209086.jpg

Last edited:

Trevtrain

Enlightened
I'm just looking on Google Maps from the roundabout and it looks like there are gates into the park? Does anyone know if they are closed at a certain time of night? I think Jells Road locks theirs and I know Karkarook Park around the corner from me locks up at "dark". Not terribly flashaholic friendly!

A short walk to the BBQs would be OK as long as there is still somewhere to park at that time of night.

EDIT 8am to 8pm daylight saving time according to this: http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/lysterfield-park

Last edited: