Melbourne Meet Jells Park on the 8th of October.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Melbourne Meet

Jells Park ? Westerfolds Park? , please feel free to wade in , 8th of October a lock ? so all that might need deciding is a destination ... I did like Jells park .. and it was some what insect free last time ..

So let us know your destination of choice ...

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

At the playground with the wooden tower next to Madeline's Teahouse that we met the last time?

I have relatives visiting from overseas in October, just going to confirm when they will be here in October before I can give a definitive answer.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator

Sounds good Gav, I actually know where that is, not an easy place to navigate in the dark, lets hope for weather like this.
Norm

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

I took a video of how to get to the playground next to Madeline's. we will use the tower again for long range beamshots.

The video starts just as I enter the gate via the Waverley Rd entrance and ends at the carpark opposite the playground where the meet is proposed.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator

Classic Gav, :thanks: :goodjob: but that's the one place i know how to find after your excellent assistance last time. :)

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars

There is too much light pollution, close to town, aren't you used the nice dark skies like I see here Simon?
Norm
Simon discovered for himself that, I have a bad habit of creating my own light pollution!:naughty:

Camping at Mt Cole.

My back paddock.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator

That would make a great avatar.

scaled.php

Norm

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice video Gavin ...

I was going to post a google earth picture .

Hopefully have an interesting light by O-8 ,,, or two , maybe more ...

Also may have a A20 XM-L for sale ....

I sure hope a few more can show up :wave: Always a bit of fun to see what the other guy has in his toolbox .

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the video Gav. I must admit, I was distracted by your choice of music, and had to watch twice to learn the directions!

arem

Newly Enlightened

Proposed starting time?

I live 20 mins from Jells Park, but my calendar tells me I'm at a function in Berwick on Sat 8th until at least the early evening :(

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, I was under pressure to use Norm's favourite song for the video background music. If not I'm sure he was going to delete my post.:duh2: