Milky Room Sweeper

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bow::bow::bow::bow:Milky:bow::bow::bow::bow:Milky

Going through and clearing a house never takes more than 2-3 minutes max, so 30 minutes runtime is more than adequate. Even if an "issue" should arrise, I always have a backup light. Remember, the SF P61 only goes 20 minutes on two batteries, and even the MN21 is only 20 minutes in the M6. And this is free lumens and so darn many of them!

Honestly, I don't exactly know how long it took Milky. I wasn't keeping track. I talked with him, sent off the E2E, and pretty much forgot about it. I didn't care how long it took, as long as it worked when finished. My guesstimate would be about 3-4 weeks or so. Never rush an artist.

A bodyshop I use has a sign:
You can have it
Fast
Cheap
Good
Pick any two.

You can tell by looking at the LED and the inside of the head, that this was not something he "slapped together". He spent some time on this I'm sure. The quality is exceptional.

I did not notice any bounce back into my face either. I think because of the floody beam. It just lights the entire room. With some luck, will be able to give it a real world test Tuesday or Wednesday. There is someone out there who shouldn't be:shakehead.

Last edited:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost makes me want to build a light I've been planning. A 3xP7 light in a 3.5 inch reflector, powered by 3x18650 direct drive. The extra flat area on a DX reflector can be drilled out and a 3 sided pyramid-shaped heatsink with a P7 emitter on each side should throw light into the reflector evenly which would make for a floody beam which gradually gets brighter as you approach the center of the beam. Should be just as compact as a 1 D maglight but with insane 1800+ lumen output.

lumenal

Enlightened
Impressive light, especially for the size!

When I first noticed Longman and Shorty, for an instant a "Mr. Bill" episode from SNL flashed before my eyes...! :laughing:

faucon

Enlightened
Now that's what I call a flood! The beam pattern looks somewhat similar to a Surefire L4 from what I can see of it, but a lot brighter!

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi,

How long would the runtime be on this set-up useing 2x 123A Lithium batteries instead of the 17670? Would the Lumen output be the same? Thanks,

PA

litetube

Enlightened
I have no idea what converter Milky used but 2 primaries is 6volts and double the capacity of a 17670 so it could only be briter and run longer !!!
That lite is sooooo nice!!:huh:

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have no idea what converter Milky used but 2 primaries is 6volts and double the capacity of a 17670 so it could only be briter and run longer !!!
That lite is sooooo nice!!:huh:

If would expect that he uses direct drive, i.e. only 3.7 volt lithium-Ion batteries can be used.

I also doubt that CR123 can deliver enough power.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head is quite heavy now from the custom brass heat sink Milky put in. I don't see a :poof: in it's future.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The head is quite heavy now from the custom brass heat sink Milky put in. I don't see a :poof: in it's future.

Can you still use the pocket-carry clip with this light, or does the heavier head cause it to sag away from a pants-pocket if clipped there?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll be impressive for its size...wait till the darn thing heats up:crazy::poof:

I've run it for 5-10 minutes continuous with no problems, not even a tint shift from the P7. (A tint shift in the blue direction is a warning sign with Seoul P4 and P7 that the emitter is getting too warm for good operation, and more likely to fail soon.) After the first few minutes the emitter is actually underdriven, making risk of failure lower still. The brass heatsink does a good job of wicking heat away from the emitter, and the speed with which the outside of the head gets warm suggests thermal transfer is working well in this case.

Now that's what I call a flood! The beam pattern looks somewhat similar to a Surefire L4 from what I can see of it, but a lot brighter!

The E2E reflector is tough to beat in terms of how WIDE the spill beam is... made it a natural for this application. As for flood... there IS a hotspot, just a very soft one.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Milky your PM box is full.

Nice job on the Room Sweeper!

The question I had for Milky, which I bet one of you know anyway, is if anyone has posted beamshots of an L1 Milky modded light vs. a stock L1 Cree?

And to the OP of this thread, is there any chance you could do either an outside beamshot of the Room Sweeper and/or compare it to something well known?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 :twothumbs

Crenshaw

Crenshaw, I still love your Legolas build... the parts to get it done cost a fair bit but what a nice finished product. Eventually I'm probably going to build one for myself, too! :naughty:

Thanks for the kind words; they're much appreciated. :eek:

(Sorry to wander off-topic, Hogo.)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
im actually almost jealous that my own milky has *only* has 300+ lumens....:sick::crazy::thinking::laughing:

Crenshaw

Last edited: