• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me jealous. I was going to ask Scott to use the light you bought as a host for my secret mod. Congrats though.

Xcel, chances are we can still work something out. I do have a small handful of SureFire hosts on hand for use in builds. :whistle:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xcel, chances are we can still work something out. I do have a small handful of SureFire hosts on hand for use in builds. :whistle:

Oooooh. I like that. I sent you an email a few days back (6-24). So whenever you get a chance to read it. No rush, I'll be out of the country this whole week. Thanks Scott.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]Is It Time for a Sprint Run And/Or Some One-Offs For Sale?[/size]

End of the month is rapidly approaching! The good news: I've got a number of U2SWOH emitters AND a bunch of Cree R2-WC emitters on the way, AND just received 100x more Acorn drivers with a couple small enhancements AND various other parts.

The BAD news is due to the above expenses, I'm running well short of where we need to end up for the family budget for the upcoming month. I've got some good parts with which to build a small sprint run of Creemators, either reflectored or focusable TIR optic, in E1B or E2DL heads, on one or two cell bodies... plus have a handful of one-offs that I'd made for me but frankly just don't get enough use... examples include:

A Gladius with stainless head with stainless combat bezel plus K2-TFFC emitter inside...
An L0P-SE with Seoul P7 inside...
A Mag1D hard anodized build with Kiu crown bezel, 4x Cree Q5WG emitters, quad-redundant circuitry, and compatibility with any single Li-Ion or eMoli or A123Systems cell, for output in the 800-1000 lumen vicinity...
A FiveMega nickel plated, grooved Mag 2x18650 with charging jack, flower bezel, 4x Seoul SSCP4 USVOH emitters and Acorn for 550 lumens max output...
An 'old school' LuxV XWOS build in FiveMega(?) hard anodized and deeply grooved Mag 2x18650 host with Acorn driver and focusable reflector...

MAYBE an X600.4 'Stencil' build in KT4 turbo head... and/or M365 'Vulcan' 5x RB100 build in KL3 new-style COLLARLESS head to fit on M-series bodies, with exceptionally long runtime and 100 lumens/watt efficiency for the entire light, not just the LEDs themselves... possibly mated with a BigLeef HA-NAT 1x AW C-cell tube and tail...

Some others, too, I guess.

Is it time to put some of these up for sale? Anyone find any of the above of interest? :shrug:

Incidentally, also have Milky Candles (MC2) with the latest firmware for folks who missed out before.

(No worries, just about all the above have been built and sitting here for quite some time. I'm not losing time on customer builds other than the potential time managing the sales threads.)

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be interested in seeing that L0P with an SSC P7 inside!! =)

And while I probably wouldn't buy, I'd love to see what's going on with the gladius too =)

What's a 'Stencil' and 'Vulcan' build?

Finally, do you have any Candles to run off a single cell? I guess like your original style, if I'm not mistaken?

Last edited:

Praxis

Enlightened
Well, I will definitely try to help out.
My E1B is on the way for a CREEmator mod.
Also :paypal:

The one-offs sound cool. I say start up a sales thread!
Ben

Last edited:

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Scott, the M1 is now the property of xcel. Mom always told me to share.

I don't know how to break this to you, but you have an mother email incoming.

Me jealous. I was going to ask Scott to use the light you bought as a host for my secret mod. Congrats though.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
L0P with P7 was VERY appealing...

so milky, will i hear from you soon about my mod...:D:D

ive got an L1 and KX2 waiting to be bought at CPFMP....:whistle:

Crenshaw

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I will definitely try to help out.
Should be able to get my E1B off to you on Monday for the CREEmator mod. we discussed.

The one-offs sound cool. I say start up a sales thread!
Ben

Ben, thanks, I'll watch for your light. Also, just replied to your most recent email regarding logistics, hope that gives you the info you needed.

L0P with P7 was VERY appealing...

so milky, will i hear from you soon about my mod...:D:D

ive got an L1 and KX2 waiting to be bought at CPFMP....:whistle:

Crenshaw

Crenshaw, PM replied at CPFMP.

Milky, I sent you an email on Friday. Did you receive it? I tried a few times to PM but your box keeps saying its full.

Conceyted, I see your email... it was a little harder than usual to find because you didn't put your CPF name in the subject line or even the body of the message... but your email address gave it away. ;)

[size=+1]Chago's Build[/size]

Finished a buildout in a particularly nice heat-treated Ti CR2 host for Chago a couple weeks back... he supplied the host and I outfitted with McR20-S reflector, ultra-clear dual-AR coated lens (UCL), custom MM+ light engine with a little gratuitous finishing (playing with the new lathe a bit) on the underside... and one of the latest SSCP4 emitters, binned U2SWOI. The light runs on Chago's choice of primary or rechargeable... and by virtue of the dual-stage McE2S twisty guts I installed in the tailswitch, he's got dual brightness as well. :naughty:

Some eye candy...

img-chago-rainbow-u2swoi-profile.jpg

img-chago-rainbow-u2swoi-into-head.jpg

img-chago-rainbow-u2swoi-underside.jpg

img-chago-rainbow-u2swoi-underside-closeup.jpg

img-chago-rainbow-u2swoi-beam-high.jpg

Personally, I love that little shrunken-head pull string thingy he's got on the clip! :)

AaronM

Enlightened
Hullo,
I have an E1E body for TW4 and a ML1 aching to recieve protected Li-Ion cells.
Are there any that will fit? My Trustfires sure won't.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hullo,

AW Protected RCR123's fit fine in my TW4 Milky Speedster. I get them from lighthound. I remember with my old ML1, I had to peel off the silver sticker from the RCR123 to fit in there, but it did work.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hullo,

Aaron, I can bore out both bodies if you wish. I'm surprised the E1E doesn't fit that cell... mine have always worked in those bodies. I suggest you send the lights as well as your AW RCR123 to me so I could make sure YOUR cell fits properly, just as you'll be using the lights. PM or email me if you need my mailing address again, or just give me a call.

AaronM

Enlightened
Well, the trust/ultrafire cells go in the body all the way, but they're too long... When I try to reassemble the light, things don't come together enough to make a connection.
I hope the AW cells are closer to the length of a primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.