• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the trust/ultrafire cells go in the body all the way, but they're too long... When I try to reassemble the light, things don't come together enough to make a connection.
I hope the AW cells are closer to the length of a primary.

I've never used those cells but can report that AW cells have always fit nicely for me.

It's also worth noting that the contact points in both those lights are the same as those in the stock light, so spacing should be identical to stock with respect to which cells fit. :thinking:

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Hi Scott.
I have send you an email at 07/06/2008 and forwarded again at 17/06/08. Today i have send you another one.
Please respond
Cheers
Apostolis

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
When are you newbies gonna get it? Milkyspit doesn't answer PM's or emails!

You gotta use the Milkyspit Signal! haha...:naughty:

milkyspit_signal.jpg

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
and how are we supposed to get a milky signal, if we cant get hold of milky to sellll us one ???

Milky, i sent you an email a couple of days ago about getting an old style KL3 head modded.
i understand you are busy, but when you get time could you get back to me please ?

ss2nv

Newly Enlightened
Scott.jpg

Well Scott, tomorrow makes a full year since I sent you my KT4 head and $169.50 (half of the full price, the rest to paid upon completion). Don't really know what to say man. I've seen numerous sales and other lights come and go in this thread, especially in the last six months and I can't help but wonder why I was put on the back burner. I've read your post concerning your family issues and I am truly sorry for the loss. In the beginning, I was prepared to wait quite a while because I knew that you are a one-man show and have to deal with all of us at one time like you do. All of that taken into consideration, I still feel like a year is little much...:sigh:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seth, there was no need to post your PM, I would have readily admitted as much. It's also clear to me that I've failed you... badly!... which doesn't make me feel good at all. I've been open about that failure and you're right, there's no excuse for such a ridiculous wait. Note that I haven't been looking for an excuse either... it's completely my fault.

Have just sent you an email about the situation and want to get your light back to you. I want to confirm your mailing address and tell you what you will be receiving. As for payment, I don't want the balance due... you've waited long enough and I don't feel right collecting on it.

Hope you're able to contact me soon.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Well, the trust/ultrafire cells go in the body all the way, but they're too long... When I try to reassemble the light, things don't come together enough to make a connection.
I hope the AW cells are closer to the length of a primary.

Ultrafire RCR123's are 2mm longer than primaries or AW123's. They're often over-sized in diameter also. I've found the quality control of those cells to be atrocious and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. AW Cells are abundant and readily available through several supporting dealers or AW himself. Perhaps consider sticking with these as I think your battery whoas will end. :)

ss2nv

Newly Enlightened
Seth, there was no need to post your PM, I would have readily admitted as much. It's also clear to me that I've failed you... badly!... which doesn't make me feel good at all. I've been open about that failure and you're right, there's no excuse for such a ridiculous wait. Note that I haven't been looking for an excuse either... it's completely my fault.

Have just sent you an email about the situation and want to get your light back to you. I want to confirm your mailing address and tell you what you will be receiving. As for payment, I don't want the balance due... you've waited long enough and I don't feel right collecting on it.

Hope you're able to contact me soon.

Alright folks. Scott and I are squared away and my light is being finished as I type. :grin2: As soon as I get my mitts on this thing, I'll post pics of what all of the hubbub was about. :devil: Oh, and just to be clear, my intention was not to outright bash on Scott in public or anything of the sort, though now that re-read my post, it looks like that's what I was getting at. Just call it a venting of frustrations, if you will. At any rate, I'm excited to see what the end product will be!

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi Scott,

Could you please confirm your mail address so I could send you my SureFire KL3-HA gen1 to be modded with P7? Is it still the same as the one I used in August last year when you modded my KL2-HA?

If you also could modd my 2 spare ARC AA heads, could I send them as well?

Thanks,

PA

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
so the Hoople has been running for 9.5 days on low continuously so far. still seems about the same brightness, ive been comparing every ~6-10 hours against my novatac 120p on low. i *think* its supposed to be regulated on low, milky if you see this maybe you can confirm?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
so the Hoople has been running for 9.5 days on low continuously so far. still seems about the same brightness, ive been comparing every ~6-10 hours against my novatac 120p on low. i *think* its supposed to be regulated on low, milky if you see this maybe you can confirm?

The Acorn is regulated on all levels, so your light would have absolutely flat output (in other words, the line on a brightness vs. runtime graph would look flat, not sloping)... at some point the light would fall out of regulation but running on a primary as you're doing, it the output would STILL look about as bright, just start dimming very gradually... you probably wouldn't even notice the dimming for quite a while.

Are you running on low or ultralow? I assume the latter. :thinking:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Scott,

Could you please confirm your mail address so I could send you my SureFire KL3-HA gen1 to be modded with P7? Is it still the same as the one I used in August last year when you modded my KL2-HA?

If you also could modd my 2 spare ARC AA heads, could I send them as well?

Thanks,

PA

PA, I just emailed you my mailing address and some very tentative pricing for a few projects you'd mentioned earlier. The pricing is approximate but at least should give some general idea. We could figure out specifics while your package is en route, if that works for you.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Scott, just musing...not really gonna get anything other then the Creemator Built now...but wondering, what could you do with a Longbow Macapsule to fit the Longbow stock optic? (Luxeon)

Crenshaw

84Maroon

Banned
Hey Scott, just musing...not really gonna get anything other then the Creemator Built now...but wondering, what could you do with a Longbow Macapsule to fit the Longbow stock optic? (Luxeon)

Crenshaw

I am sure he can do something for you, as long as you are willing to wait up to 1 year to get your light back.....:crackup:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I am sure he can do something for you, as long as you are willing to wait up to 1 year to get your light back.....:crackup:

:confused: You mean during the rare scenario that something accidentally falls through the cracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.