• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 4

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, Scott,

You should have received an Arc LS in the mail, and also in email from me with thoughts about how I'd like to retrofit it.

Waiting to hear from you.

Cheers.

It's an Arc First Run (which is a little different from an LS in its design) and it just arrived. Will email you about it when I have a moment.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Milky,

We have a San Jose, CA meet and greed at Modamags home on 12/6/09 and I wanted to know if you can have my L1 R2 direct drive done by then:candle:

I want to show it off because at the last 2 meets we had, not one Milky was present:(

Thanks,
Jose

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Milky,

We have a San Jose, CA meet and greed at Modamags home on 12/6/09 and I wanted to know if you can have my L1 R2 direct drive done by then:candle:

I want to show it off because at the last 2 meets we had, not one Milky was present:(

Thanks,
Jose

Jose, I'll certainly try. There are other lights ahead of yours and I also need to be fair to those folks... will do my best to accommodate everyone, including you relative to the date of your meet.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]Creemator Noir[/size]

Fellow CPFer run4jc58 has posted a nice photo review of his Creemator Noir build, which he mounted on a McGizmo body. His thread is over here.

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1956.JPG

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Does anyone know how much the input voltage of a Milky U2by2 can be?

Can i run it with 2*Rcr123 (8.4V)....? :wave:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all! :wave: Working like a Christmas elf to get a number of things out the door... but came up for air to answer these. (Then back to work! Owe some people lights and trying to wrap up as many as possible before Christmas.)
:santa:

Milky,

Anything you can do with an old 9N? I want tons of bright flood. I envision sort of a Roomsweeper's big brother.

Haven't done much with the 9N but I don't see why it couldn't work. We'd want to make sure you have a good quality power source in that light, and beyond that make sure the heatsinking is as good as it can be. Would be a nice build! :naughty:

Does anyone know how much the input voltage of a Milky U2by2 can be?

Can i run it with 2*Rcr123 (8.4V)....? :wave:

Toby, the U2by2 runs on the same input voltage as a stock U2 would. In most (or maybe all?) cases, 2xRCR123 is a BAD idea. A pair of the 3.0V regulated cells available in some places could work, but those sacrifice quite a bit of potential runtime. Your best bet for a rechargeable would be a single 17670 or 18650 cell.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]M3 Ti Skeletonized[/size]

Working on a minimalist M3 head with Ti bezel ring and a deliberately sparse, skeletonized look inside the head. It's not finished yet but here are a couple photos that give the general idea. I didn't bother to clean the exterior as this is still a work in progress.

img-m3-nautilus1950-head.jpg

img-m3-nautilus1950-angled.jpg

The head is on a Seraph M2C adapter and ultimately will ride on a C2 body bored for a single 18650 cell. The light will feature multi-brightness, multi-UI, miser capability, and reverse polarity protection.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
What emitters???

They're CreeXRE-R2WD. The tint is beautiful... just the slightest touch to the warm side of a pure white... and output is excellent. The narrow exit angle of the XR-E reflectors works to the benefit of the geometry of the M3 with relatively tall bezel ring.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott,

I never asked, but is my DD R2 going to involve a simple emitter swap or will ou provide one an additional heatsink or modify the stock L1 bezel to accomodate more heat dissipation.

Also,
I have your Cynator in my Surefire M1. Is it possible to make this a Mule type of build as opposed to a green. I love my green, but my sweetie wants a pure white tint:thumbsdow Sometimes no matter how tuff and manly we are or think we are we have to listen to our better half.:mecry:

Thanks,
bigC

p73rs

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Scott.

Thank you very much for the list above. They all sound good.

I am curious about U2x2. I think I would like the mod with XP-G. What kind of performance is it going to be with it? I think it will be close to the one with Rebel, just better.

Have you done the mod with MC-E on U2? I am interested in that, too.

I have got the Milky L-1 with SSC P4 USWOH. I like the tint of USWOH very much. In fact, I like it better than the so-called warm tint. If I decide to do something with my U2, I hope I can get similar tint, too. I like the sort of that pink-ish color. It works very good outside.

I am just thinking about it. Thanks for the help.

HS

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Creemator head (no tape) on Mcgizmo 2-pak mcclicky

630061702_KhddY-M.jpg

I was fortunate to pick up Karlheinz3's mint McGizmo 2Pak host with a custom machined MirageMan "mule style" flood head housing a GDuP CREE three level light engine - took the McGizmo 2Pak and put the Milky CREEmator on it, just like you - man, oh, man, what a light. It's beautiful - not quite as pretty as yours with the cool ano, but still gorgeous. Then put the MirageMan head on the 1x McClicky - now it's an amazing light, too.

I think I could be happy with only McGizmos and Milkys....