• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 4

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
:(
Couldn't afford something like that but it sounds like a dream come true.

Efficiency-wise, the whole system (meaning EVERYTHING end-to-end) is running at something like 107 lumens per watt. For point of reference, the very best incandescents run 35-40 lumens per watt and the best-available CFL bulbs run around 60 lumens per watt. Household incandescent runs at 10 lumens per watt or worse, and a 60 watt light bulb delivers 450-650 lumens overall. :D

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I have a 1st Gen Cree E2L head here Scott and I want to make it a Mule.
I like the drive level and the runtime so no fancy UI. I just need a new top for the head and another LED. I know you can make a minimized stainless or even Delrin mule topper for me, no sweat.
Here is the thing. Should we go neutral MC-E or can a neutral triple XP-G star fit in there without much trouble? That circuit runs on 2 123 or 1 18650 just fine and I like the hours and hours of flat output. Which will run better for me as a semi project M?

Yeah I know you are still working on one for me but this one ought to be sorta easy for ya. I will wait to send the half head in till my current project is settled and I will get back in line. :)

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Got a new-to-me light from Scott a week or two ago that I am working on a review and pictures for. Should be up in the review section tomorrow. :) A bit of a teaser- it's called the Cri-baby... Kind of a different direction from many I see here... See ya tomorrow. :thumbsup:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a new-to-me light from Scott a week or two ago that I am working on a review and pictures for. Should be up in the review section tomorrow. :) A bit of a teaser- it's called the Cri-baby... Kind of a different direction from many I see here... See ya tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I can't wait!

:whistle:

dcaprilia

Enlightened
2 Milkys I just got in the mail...

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

Milky's

Project M PRT head

Creemator Cubed

nautilus1950

Newly Enlightened
multiple LEDs jammed in the e series form factor looks just so awesome >< scott should have a sprint run with these!

scout24

Flashaholic
Okay, here goes. A quick review of my new Milky Masterpiece, the "cri-baby"... If this is deemed appropriate for the review section, please feel free to move it there.

A while ago, Scott posted that he had some lights ready to go, that were done and awaiting new homes. These are in addition to the custom builds that we all know and love. One caught my eye, a high-cri Seoul in an E-series head. I'm a sucker for both, and was sold from the word go.
I have been toying with a low-powered emergency type light for a while, and have a couple of Scott's lights, so I figured I'd send an E-mail. After a couple of phone calls, we had worked out what I was after, and Scott worked his magic. I wanted a light that would run on either primaries, or RCR's, for versatility, and massive runtimes. The high-cri was a bonus here, and works great. Tale of the Tape- "cri-baby:SSCP4 S2 4000K 93cri KL4 refl. Acorn 065 ("Elendil Firmware) Amenities: Staminator eDaptable Use with 1xLi-ion or 1-2xPrimaries :)

Yes, Acorn 065... 65 Ma max current without getting into Mizer mode yet, yielding about 15 lumens on high... Med, low and ultralow are powered at 15ma, 1.5ma. and .1-.3ma. respectively. Mizer mode is where this earns it's keep IMHO, and where Scott's programming genius come even more into play- Mizer runs at 1/5 to 1/6 of the power levels set earlier, but have the appearance of being 50% as bright. In Mizer mode, drive currents are 11ma. on high, 2.7 ma. on med, .27ma. on low, and the ultralow remains at .1-.3 ma. Ultralow and low are real close in output on Mizer, but there is just enough difference to be noticeable.

From the emergency light, long running standpoint, a 123 primary at 1400ma, two at 2800ma, a 17670 at 1600ma, or a pair of AA's in a McClicky pack give plenty of cell choices and all should yield fantastic runtimes, with the high-cri warmth being a bonus to me.

This light takes care of the majority of my indoor lighting needs, 15 lumens is plenty when you're dark adapted, and the lower Mizer levels should yield phenomenal runtimes. If Scott reads this and feels like chiming in with projected runtimes and the lower level lumen outputs, he would certainly be more qualified than I am. The Seoul 93cri emitter is so nicely tinted, just perfect when used in the dark. Smooth hotspot, great spill, and just a nice smooth, even beam. Not your typical Milky flamethrower, but the Creemator I have exhibits the same attention to detail and build quality Scott is rightly known for if I need more lumens.:)

After talking with Scott the day after this came in the mail, I have a greater understanding of what he can do with his lights: custom programs, pretty much any drive levels you want, as many levels as you want, etc. I'm oversimplifying due to not having a real understanding of his skills, but if you can think of it, he can probably make it happen.

P1010357.jpg

P1010355.jpg

P1010353.jpg

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scout24

Your "CRI-Baby" seems like the perfect example of "less is more." Interesting idea. I would love to see the runtimes with a single CR123, or 2 Lithium AA's.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
2 Milkys I just got in the mail...
[...]
Creemator Cubed
I'd love to hear more about that triple XP-G / SF L1 if you could post about it. :)
(Particularly how well the 'low' mode runs using the resistored tailcap - i.e. a low mode that is acessable via the L1's UI)

Last edited:

jd1911

Newly Enlightened
Its time for a "Milky". I signed up for the email notification.
Thanks for doing that.
JD

samuraishot

Enlightened
Just thought I'd share a recent Milky creation.

On the tape:
Expurgator
CreeXPG-R51C Carclo#10003
Acorn 1.3 'Califon' Firmware
Tellurium Copper Core Sink
Works with 1 x Li-ion or 2x123

dsc0079fm.jpg

By null at 2011-02-25

dsc0080fy.jpg

By null at 2011-02-25

dsc0082fa.jpg

By null at 2011-02-25

I promised beamshots (before CPF went down), but I've been pretty busy still and I gotta learn how to do it correctly before I post some up :thumbsup:

But here's a little background of the light - the E1B is a special light since it was a gift from my wife for my first Father's Day last year and, of course, it quickly became my EDC.

I contacted Milky for a Creemator Noir mod, and after much correspondence of what I was after (thanks for your patience, Scott!) he gave me some options and some expert advice to help me decide. And so I waited patiently for my new Creemator Noir to return. But Milky did one better, and surprised me with a one-of-a-kind Expurgator, which is a Creemator, but reborn with a 20mm optic for a nice balance of throw and spill.

There has been many informative threads on Milky's different UI's and so I'll keep from going over them, but I can assure everyone that each UI (Tactical, Theater, Memory and Staminator) is very useful.

The high is, well, :eek: bright. Throws with a nice round punch in the middle.

I've used the strobe when I got into a car accident last week on the freeway. My van spun out and landed in a ditch on the shoulder. Cars were zooming past me, so I put the Expurgator on strobe and set it down on the shoulder to alert others.

And that .2 lumen low low is so surprisingly useful. The low setting is way too bright when waking up in the middle of the night and the .2 is perfect.

I know there are a lot of lights that could have fit the bill with multiple settings, etc., but like I mentioned, this light is special to me and I didn't want to replace it with another as my EDC. Milky transformed it into my perfect EDC. Thanks, Scott!

Edit: Some beamshots (still trying to perfect them though)

b8c3a7e9-ac84-eaaf.jpg

b8c3a7e9-acb1-0d75.jpg

Last edited:

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
Scott,

I haven't heard from you since January. I'd sure like to know when I'll see my A2L.