min-T CNC LED bike light

ktronik

Enlightened
Re: minT

The swirls are just tool marks from the endmill that cut the shallow pockets. All machined parts look similar unless they go through a secondary finishing (polish, bead-blast, etc).

All very exciting here, once again guys, and can't wait to get my hands on *several* of these! For those who may not have noticed, I'm working with George on a new bicycle UI that will likely debut in this cute little guy (though will likely not quite be ready when these start to ship!) We'd probably be done with it by now if George and I weren't both hustling around on various family trips before school starts for our kids again! But Alas, we haven't really even started. Check in here if you have any input:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/169898

And you guys down in Australia? Get back to work!

Yes... back to work... I guess you could call it that...

OT:

What have I missed on the UIB2??(will have to read your thread) you better not make it worse than it is... I love that driver :twothumbs

Ktronik

ktronik

Enlightened

In days to come, our Dom, will have his own website:

http://cncdelite.com

not up yet, but it will showcase Dom's great CNC work, it will be packed FULL with rider reviews, pic's & beamshots... + all tecy info for people to read...

please feel free to email Dom with any questions from the 'contact' link on the wepage when it is up...

thanks

Ktronk

Darell

Flashaholic

What have I missed on the UIB2??(will have to read your thread) you better not make it worse than it is... I love that driver :twothumbs
Here's the good news. The current UIB will remain as part of the 3-UI bFlex offering. Nobody will take it away from you. The UIB2 will be a secondary offering. The bFlex will simply be flashed with this new, bike-only UI that some may like better and others may not. You will be able to but the bFlex circuit with either code in it.

The big difference in UIB2 is that the menu will be more relevant and more compact (since it will ONLY be for this UI) and there will be no more one-way scrolling or level setting. You will choose your make current, and then have five levels at your control - and you'll be able to go either up or down a level directly, without scrolling around the whole cycle.

Like I said... some will like it better, others will prefer the original. And the best news is that everybody will have the option. How great is that?

ktronik

Enlightened

Here's the good news. The current UIB will remain as part of the 3-UI bFlex offering. Nobody will take it away from you. The UIB2 will be a secondary offering. The bFlex will simply be flashed with this new, bike-only UI that some may like better and others may not. You will be able to but the bFlex circuit with either code in it.

The big difference in UIB2 is that the menu will be more relevant and more compact (since it will ONLY be for this UI) and there will be no more one-way scrolling or level setting. You will choose your make current, and then have five levels at your control - and you'll be able to go either up or down a level directly, without scrolling around the whole cycle.

Like I said... some will like it better, others will prefer the original. And the best news is that everybody will have the option. How great is that?

Very nice of you to make the menu more useable...

my ideal...

2 click to turn on
Hold to turn off
click to cycle level (I like 2 level)

for my 24hr racing, when I can't think proper, this is the simplest.

ktronik

dom

Enlightened

Hi Darell -
Yes -hanging for the new UI as i'm sure others are as well -but either way the bFlex is fantastic.:twothumbs

Thanks Ktronic for sorting the website -hope to get lots of projects happening in the future:grin2:

Hi Knot -i was thinking the exact same thing -would make a nice little torchhead. Pity the wire would get in the way out the back though.

Cheers
Dom

Darell

Flashaholic

Very nice of you to make the menu more useable...

my ideal...

2 click to turn on
Hold to turn off
click to cycle level (I like 2 level)
Well, I'll get you two out of three, and make that third one better than you wanted. ;)

for my 24hr racing, when I can't think proper, this is the simplest.
Wish I could help with the proper thinking aspect, but a UI can only do so much. :D

dom

Enlightened

Thanks jch79 :)

A friend at work who owns a wire cutting machine (EDM) cut this form tool from HSS (high speed steel) for me.
These balls will be for the prototype "minT mount".
Hope they work out.

1158913736_8c386d3b9e_o.jpg

Cheers
Dom

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic

Good to have friends. Better to have friends with EDM's! Those things are awesome! Nice to see that you have the balls to keep updating us like this, Dom! :thumbsup:

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened

Hi
minT is short for 'mini triple' -my imaginative name for my new bike light.hehe
1102676672_e7471982c9_o.jpg

1101824157_af1b460b5e_o.jpg

1101824515_913abb8965_o.jpg

Running the bFlex and Seouls -will weigh in at around 80g.
Once i finish the aluminum mount -i'll re-weigh.

Dimensions are
47mm high
41.5 wide
35 long (not counting wire holder)
O-ring seals

Cheers
Dom

:party::eek::eek::eek::bumpit:

Man I am :sold: on this already. Any kits on the housing coming out soon or say barebones body + parts so others can self build or have the option to buy a ready built one?

I can't wait to see beamshots on this. It looks awesome!

dom

Enlightened

Good to have friends. Better to have friends with EDM's! Those things are awesome! Nice to see that you have the balls to keep updating us like this, Dom! :thumbsup:

Hehe -update every step of the way Darell -balls(ups) an' all.

Cheers
Dom

dom

Enlightened

Hi Zero thanks for your comments:)
Refer to post #11 as per your question-though the possibility isn't totally ruled out.
Still in prototype mode here.

Cheers
Dom

ktronik

Enlightened

Hey Thanks Dom,

got my Lights!!, very Min-T indeed...

the 6mm 'airline tube', as sealed cable runner, from the back of the light to the battery is a Great idea!!

1101824515_913abb8965_o.jpg

dom explains:

The line locks into the socket when you push it right in and seals as well (little teeth inside and an o-ring.) The plastic on the end of the fitting -you push down hard to release the 6mm line if you want it off again.You could almost swing off these -never come out unless you want.

so the lead from the light to the battery, is inside a 6mm 'airline' tube, super tuff, & stiff...run it as you would a brake cable...this puppy is not getting ripped out on a branch...

I will get them built up ASAP & get the beamshots on the NEW website...(almost ready to launch)

Ktronik

anewtinker

Newly Enlightened

Still in prototype mode here.

Cheers
Dom

Sorry in advance if these questions sound dumb...
-Is that grey circle the on/off/brightness button? If so, is it operational with gloved fingers?
-What is the intended application? Road? Off-road? I cannot tell from the reflectors, which seem a bit small to me. (Don't take that as critisism, I honestly don't know much about reflectors.)
-Is the dimpled glass for flood or is that intended for wide spread (a tail light)?

-brian

ktronik

Enlightened

Hey first poster.... welcome to CPF..

the 'grey circle' is indeed the switch...

I have huge oversized fingers...not good for the cell phones of the future...

I have no problem using the switch, even with winter gloves...the switch hole does look small in the photo...we use this switch as it works underwater...

The APP of this light is for me is offroad racing...but will work very well on-road as well...I use one on my comutter bike & a few on the off road bike...

Dom have done many hours of testing the NEW mini-lens...the seoul one we are using is puncher than the reg, 3 sep reflectors / optics.... this little baby out punches my L&M HID light!!

YES, dimpled glass for flood beam...so you have one for the head & one for the bar...punch & flood...

best

Ktronik

Sorry in advance if these questions sound dumb...
-Is that grey circle the on/off/brightness button? If so, is it operational with gloved fingers?
-What is the intended application? Road? Off-road? I cannot tell from the reflectors, which seem a bit small to me. (Don't take that as critisism, I honestly don't know much about reflectors.)
-Is the dimpled glass for flood or is that intended for wide spread (a tail light)?

-brian

Darell

Flashaholic

I was wondering WHICH grey circle was being asked about.

The one on the back of the thing is the power wire via. The one on the top sitting in the depression is the switch.

As for application - I use my original Dom Delight on my MTB, on my road bike, on my tandem, and sometimes on my unicycle. Talk about hard to mount!

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Geez, how did I miss this thread...:ohgeez:

I didn't assemble that awesome head from the last project :sigh: and you come up with this freakin kick butt mini flame thrower...That is one awesome light Dom:twothumbs

greenLED

Flashaholic

OK, so how much should I pawn by dog for to get one of these?

No, wait... I don't have a dog. :stupid: