• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Modding/Repair Helpline ... Get your answers here! :-)

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: vinhnguyen54 Modding/Repair Helpline ... Get your answers here! :)

I must have overlooked it then because I can find no such instruction. Just bits and pieces of what others have said. Could u give me a link to your instructions? I've read others say to be careful not to pull out any wires or touch the underlying LED. I'm sure its prob a simple task. I just want to do it correctly as I have no intentions of having to replace my LED.

Thanks much,
Dan

The instruction I gave above is pretty much it. Not much eles I can add. you will still have spill but its just a dimmer. The biggest change would be a neutral tint and a brighter hotspot. If you like cool white then don't mess with the dome. I would dedome if I was you because I love THROW! Too bad the tint shift to a less desirable tint though. Try it! if you dot like it then buy another LED. Its just $30.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Sorry I am being crazy! Post number 5

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?334219-vinhnguyen54-Olight-SR90-amp-SR91-De-Dome

I must have overlooked it then because I can find no such instruction. Just bits and pieces of what others have said. Could u give me a link to your instructions? I've read others say to be careful not to pull out any wires or touch the underlying LED. I'm sure its prob a simple task. I just want to do it correctly as I have no intentions of having to replace my LED.

Thanks much,
Dan

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

NM. I found the thread that explains it. I guess I was expecting something more complicated.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Air cool like a tiny fan would be easy to do. :)

I guess it would have to blow through external fins though, use heat pipes, etc...if it was to have good water resistance....

LOL

Maybe take the Olight MX6 form factor, but have a refrigerator/condenser/coil module on the belt instead of or in addition to, a battery.

:devil:

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anti-freeze / Anti-boil / liquid cooling in a handheld light.. It could be done! Something like a mega illuminator would have the case size to handle it.
1006031.jpg
+
unnamedqg.jpg
(INTEL cooling kit) Wayne could do it . +1 for his lights / mods.

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Anti-freeze / Anti-boil / liquid cooling in a handheld light.. It could be done! Something like a mega illuminator would have the case size to handle it.
1006031.jpg
Wayne could do it . +1 for his lights / mods.

LOL

Now to scale it down for a pocket light.

:D

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I am excited for the TN31!

TEEJ

Flashaholic

I am excited for the TN31!

Unless they severely understated the lux, I don't see how they will get 700 meters of throw though. (Unless I screwed up the math for 75,000 lux)

Even so, 500-600 meters is STILL pretty impressive if they can get it in that sized light.

:D

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

How I stack 7135 Chips:

1) Clip off the middle leg as you don't need it
2) bend the outer legs to curve downward
3) Dip the two small legs and the rear leg into flux.
4) Add heated solder to the legs.
5) Add heated solder to the same three legs on the chip mounted on the board
6) Now stack them on top of each other and solder the large rear leg first. The solder should just melt in.
7) Solder the two front side legs. If the solder won't flow add a thin copper wire to create a solder flow path.

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac323/vinhnguyen54/DSC04258.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac323/vinhnguyen54/DSC04255.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac323/vinhnguyen54/DSC04256.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
what does chip stacking for flashlight drivers do?

BudK

Newly Enlightened

Each additional chip that is added is 380(?)mah of additional regulated current capacity to the driver .

Wayne , what is a good supplier of empty p-60 drop ins ? I want to experiment with different reflectors & whatnot .

Thanks .

Bud

Last edited:

doctor ladd

Newly Enlightened
I would like to know about removing chips from drivers.

What is the best or easiest way to do it?

Once the chip is off do you have to do anything else?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

kaidomain in china or illuminationshupply in USA

Each additional chip that is added is 380(?)mah of additional regulated current capacity to the driver .

Wayne , what is a good supplier of empty p-60 drop ins ? I want to experiment with different reflectors & whatnot .

Thanks .

Bud

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I would like to know about removing chips from drivers.

What is the best or easiest way to do it?

Once the chip is off do you have to do anything else?

To remove a bunch of chips at once use a heat gun. Use a solder iron for one at a time.

BlackhawkB

Newly Enlightened

Hi vinhnguyen54,

I just saw your mod with your TK41, and I was thinking you could help me as well for my fenix.
Basically I have a Fenix TK21, that I use with a redilast 2800mh. This light is great, but the turbo mode seems to be low compared to some cheap lights. I think my 18650 redilast is not the issue, as it should be a good battery.

So I would like to mod this light, but I can't find the way to open it, everything seems to be glued in the head, I can't even differentiate the different parts.
I try to heat the head with a hair dryer, but it didnt work. I am scared to damage the HAIII if I heat it with something stronger.

Do you have any idea ?
After that I guess it will be another challenge to mod the fenix-specific driver

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

It is very very hard to damage the HAIII with heat. Just heat the crap out of it! I use a heat gun so it's much hotter than a Hair Dryer! Anyway. Heat it up and use blue garden rubber gloves to twist. You might even need a vise for very stubborn lights. let me know.

Hi vinhnguyen54,

I just saw your mod with your TK41, and I was thinking you could help me as well for my fenix.
Basically I have a Fenix TK21, that I use with a redilast 2800mh. This light is great, but the turbo mode seems to be low compared to some cheap lights. I think my 18650 redilast is not the issue, as it should be a good battery.

So I would like to mod this light, but I can't find the way to open it, everything seems to be glued in the head, I can't even differentiate the different parts.
I try to heat the head with a hair dryer, but it didnt work. I am scared to damage the HAIII if I heat it with something stronger.

Do you have any idea ?
After that I guess it will be another challenge to mod the fenix-specific driver

pulstar

Enlightened

Hi Vin!

How about emitter swap in my Surefire Saint Minimus? Would you dare to try it?:) I have a few modding experiences (i replaced emitter in LX2 and L1), but minimus is entirely different beast:)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hi Vin!

How about emitter swap in my Surefire Saint Minimus? Would you dare to try it?:) I have a few modding experiences (i replaced emitter in LX2 and L1), but minimus is entirely different beast:)

I dare try everything! Doesn't mean I can do it though :)

pulstar

Enlightened

Well, do you think you could do it?:)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Well, do you think you could do it?:)

Vinh Nguyen
9706 8th PL SW Unit 204
Seattle WA 98106

Send it to me. If I can't mod it I wont charge a penny.

Latest posts