My Fenix L1D-CE is TOO BIG!!! Suggest me a new EDC please.

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm using am LOP SE right now, with enough grease, it works fine one-handed. Better with the right hand of course.

I like AA lights, but I want my edc as small as possible, so this fits a lot better.

Another choice is the liteflux lf2. Specs look great, should be released around March. Probably a twisty though since it's AAA.

I'm waiting for that one to be released before I get a cree AAA...

Bullseye00

Newly Enlightened
You mighy try the L1D in the belt sheath. I agree it seems a little too large for pocket carry. But it's very small for a sheath light. Give it a try and see what you think. If you don't like carrying it that way, then you just resume your search for a smaller EDC light.

paulr

Flashaholic
My L0D CE operates fine one-handed however it sounds like at least some L0D SE's weren't so easy. Maybe there was a design change, or maybe there's product consistency issues.

moontroll

Newly Enlightened
I have an L1p I'll trade you its a little smaller:thanks: :twothumbs :stupid: :anyone: :kiss: :clap: :takeit:

dlrflyer

Newly Enlightened
Just a thought, but I doubt a clicky would be practical on anything smaller than say L1D, maybe using a stogie grip, but using an overhand grip, something the size of a L0D would be too small, I think...

farscape105

Newly Enlightened
I plan on getting LOD-CE. I have a P1D-CE and the thread are not loose/sloppy and I can operate one handed no problem, smooth as butter.

yalskey

Enlightened
cbdudley said:
CPF member Kooter makes a custom body that allows you to use a P1D or P1D-CE head with a Surefire E-series clicky tailcap. He sells both CR123 and CR2 versions. It looks a bit odd but is a close match for your requirements.

More info and pictures here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/149673&page=1&pp=30

Actually, I've order both the CR123 and the CR2 versions from him. I had to send him my P1D-CE head and Z27 clicky tail so he could custom fit the tube for my head. It wouldn't screw on.... I think it's Fenix's sloppy threads.

It's still pretty big, and it doesn't have a way for me to put it on my keyring.

oBMTo

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone post a picture of L1D-CE in hand or next to some keys so I can reference the size?

EsthetiX

Enlightened
oBMTo said:
Can anyone post a picture of L1D-CE in hand or next to some keys so I can reference the size?

I'd like this too. Everyone should always post pictures like this...

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
I own a P1D CE, and really can't imagine considering it too large, but...

I also EDC a Photon, and I recently bought new ones to replace the old. If you really want tiny, you might want to take another look. The new Photon Freedom "max" version in white is something like 3 times as bright (to the eye) as my old Photon 3. No, not in the same class as the P1D CE, but impressive for it's size, nonetheless, and a lot more generally useful than previous generations of coin cell lights. It also gives you multiple levels (with arguably the best UI going) already set up for keychain carry, all for about $10 shipped.

I know you're looking for something different, but this might at least do as a stop-gap until what you really want appears.

Xygen

Enlightened
The Vital Gear VB1 with a KL4 is shorter than the L1D-CE (8.5 to 9.7mm) but the head is wider... not well on a keychain....

Last edited:

Quantumstate

Banned
fenixl1t05.jpg

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
That peaked my interest too. Spill the beans now, Carrot. :)
Feels like it's just about time for Fenix to come out with something new (not that they have to...).

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
#1, 3, 4: Ultrafire WF-606B upgraded to Seoul emitter. :grin2:

IMG_1116.jpg

On high setting with 3.0V primaries both:
IMG_1119.jpg

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L0D-CE is VERY EASY to operate single handed. Even changing modes is easy with one hand. Like you, I find the L1D-CE to be too large for EDC. Way to large if you have to dress business casual or fancier. I keep the L1D in my computer bag and the L0D in my pocket. The tiny L0D gets much more use and usually single handed.