My Group 5 Christmas Shootout Pics & Thoughts

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Ha Ha Ha!!! That must have been a lot of fun putting these through all those paces. Excellent overall shootout and displays. It gives everyone a great idea of the various comparisons.

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Mark's Blitz mod, is this the one Sway built or the one Queenslander built? Thanks

Halogen or HID?

It's a simple Halogen hotwire.

Queenslander's thread was my inspiration to build the HyperBlitz. I am post #28 in that thread and I'm speculating on how I wanted to build mine. Mine had to be self-contained and be very lightweight. Click the links in my signature for more info and beam shots.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to build a 1000 watt self-contained HID that will humble my HyperBlitz. The madness never ends....

Regards,
Mark

curlyfry562

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I am wondering if there is some special reason you guys use such an expensive host. I know this has been mentioned before, but does this thing melt down? Thanks

N10

Newly Enlightened
what's that "stealth volcano"??..never heard about it and it does seem to hold up pretty well against the others..more details about it please?

FelmarCorp

Enlightened
where does one buy this light-

HB2.jpg

the HB2 ?

BVH

Flashaholic
At the time of the meet, the HB's were prototypes and not available for sale. I'm not sure if any of us CPF'rs obtained contact info from the two reps that were there.

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened
`Reference to post # 1

What were you guys doin` in my driveway ? :candle:

:D

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I wonder how Phil and the Group 5 Engineering guys are doing these days. There website hasn't been changed or updated. Still no pics of the H2 on there either. I wonder how they're doing?

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
HyperBlitzStreet.jpg

Mark's Blitz(I call it the HyperBlitz)
Remember this is the brightest and easily the longest throwing light of the group that was in the hills.
-----------------

300WLocator.jpg

300 watt Blackhawk Locator HID
Notice how much more intense the beam is then the Blitz Mod.
------------------

VSS3spot.jpg

VSS 3 Spot
------------------

VSS3Flood.jpg

VSS 3 Flood
------------------

These are some of the photos that really got me back into making lights.:thumbsup: Hope to see this thread updated.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
It's good to see you looking around the forum, andromeda.73.

You are finding all the best threads!

Latest posts