My little 10Watt HID MONSTER

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always amazes me what crops up and after finding out it been worked on for a year...... there's lots of nice talent at work here.

Last edited:

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Tempora,

In fact, that is exactly what I'm going to do during the comming days!!

LITEmania sent one unit my way for review and testing purposes, I'm going to pick that one up at the post office tomorrow.

So stay tuned for a extensive review of the Eznite mini-HID in the review section of these forums, will be ready in four weeks I think..

Regards,

Ra.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Just stumbled across this after looking at the jillite HID coming out soon. RA, props to your design and machining of this little 10W light. Is there anything out there that is comparable in size to what you have created in this mini monster?

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this hits the market.. make sure you PM all of us on this thread to let us know!.. it would be easy to miss....

I for one, am not always combing the sales threads to see what I can buy.

Last edited:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see any competition in this market thats so small..... if you plan to market it, soon would be good, otherwise someone else will.
I would hate to see all your obvious tedious and hard work go to waste.

And might I suggest that that green ring be able to glow kept charged by light as an option?
Or better yet, since your still building it, you could put a plexiglass clear ring with three cree leds inside that shine forward for low light long battery life use.

Last edited:

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Yeah it cost a lot of money to make this thing a reality...probably over 1000. If he made them for sale he would probably not make that much money when all was said and done....plus there is only one in the world and that is SO cool!!

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know.... one of the biggest drawbacks to cool lights is size and price... there are some other small lights out there, but not this small, this bright... when you can stick it in your pocket or on a belt loop, that opens up the market to emergency personel who will all want one for themselves, as well as hikers, sportsmen and even the common mechanic...small enough to toss in a tool box with ease..... small is good.....

some of us are willing to carry a cannon around to get the lumens, but most will not.

2 hrs runtime?.. not bad for a little guy.

I just see allot of work and expense and beauty... I know it would be totally marketable.... as to whether it would be profitable or not... that I don't know.

aussiebuddha

Enlightened
I'm in love again (violins playing in the background)
:twothumbs awesome mate. can you make one for me?:rolleyes:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe he needs to quit his real job and make these?... or at least get them up and running until some manufacturer can crank them out... I know I'm in for one, or two, or three... nope.. I think I need four... thats to get started!

If these were lithium batteries, you could tuck them away in each rig, boat and other tidy places for emergencies and know they would be ready to be up and running since the shelf life is so great with the lithiums!

This would not be a good thread to let die... we have to keep bugging him till he makes us all one!.... or two... or three.. or four....

Last edited:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL!... me too!..... and I was just talking about buying four of them!

There is a conspiracy against my checking account!

DM51

Flashaholic
Lol he said before that it cost him over a G to make it in materials alone, so you're ready to let rip with 4 Gs then?