My Quick Fenix E01 Review

losabio

Newly Enlightened
Thanks very much for taking the time to do this review, and thank you also to all the CPF folks that have contributed to this fine thread. I have a pair of E01's on the way -- one for me, one for my Pop -- and I'll be loading them up with Energizer L92s for sure.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, losabio. I'm sure you and your Dad will be quite happy with the E01. The problem is these are just the start. Enjoy.

Geoff

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hello, Losabio --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

Hope you and yer' Dad enjoy the new flashlights.

_

losabio

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, losabio. I'm sure you and your Dad will be quite happy with the E01. The problem is these are just the start. Enjoy.

Geoff

Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad I found this place! My PayPal account is pretty glad I found this place too: it's been getting plenty of attention ever since I started looking around for a suitable replacement for a 6P that went missing. :thumbsup:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one yesterday and think it's brilliant. Very well made and easy to use. The light is blue/purple as most people have mentioned, but it's bright enough. It's actually quite nice to turn a torch on in a dark room without blinding myself for a change. :) I'm now walking round with the E02 and a Nitecore D10 in my pockets. Mine's a black one btw, and the LED seems to be positioned okay.

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
It's not that bad.

The size of the flashlight and the 10 lumens far out weights the blueish/purplish beam it has.

nuron

Newly Enlightened
Are there any pictures of the beam? Looks like this has the runtime that I'm looking for but that beam color just sounds strange to me.

kenzo

Newly Enlightened
Are there any pictures of the beam? Looks like this has the runtime that I'm looking for but that beam color just sounds strange to me.

Don't worry. The beam color will grow on you. Personally I'm a fan of warm white but I EDC the E01 (keychain) as well as have a few with Trit glowrings attached lying around. The E01 is enough for most tasks and is a great light to have.
I'm looking at getting a few more :0

edc3

Enlightened

There are some beamshots here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/196504

I agree with kenzo. It's not really that bad when you're actually using the light. If you're shining it at a white wall and fixating on it, you won't like it. If you're using it, you'll like it.

It's definitely a good light - especially for the money. :thumbsup:

kirby999

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading (and buying) here for the past week and decided this thread should get my first post . I ordered an EO1 a few minutes ago. This will be my first Fenix of many to come I'm sure . It looks as though it's a great little light. kirby

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, kirby. Sounds like you did your homework, and will be happy with the E01. For a keychain type light it's a best buy.

Geoff

Patriot

Flashaholic
:welcome: Kirby999

I only own one EO1 and liked it so much that I now keep it in an emergency kit with L91 battery in it. I think you'll be please with you purchase. :)

kirby999

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome !! I kinda gone a little crazy buying a few lights this past week , I think I like the smaller 1 AAA and 1 AA lights the best . kirby

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
I'm recovering from an ankle injury, so I'm only concerned with whether 10 lumens of light (from the E01) is enough to sufficiently illuminate the ground within a ten foot radius of my feet while I'm walking outside at night.

Because I haven't owned an LED flashlight before, I have no frame of reference to calculate an answer to this question.

Thank you in advance!

edc3

Enlightened
Hi MojaveMoon07. :welcome:

Much depends on the ambient light where you're walking. I've used an E01 walking in a dark woods and found it adequate, but around where I live, with lots of ambient lighting, it gets washed out. Personally I use my E01's around the house as task lights and sometimes at work for peering into computer cases. Even if it doesn't fill your needs for a walking light, it's worth having one or two. They're very useful in a number of situations.

Don

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
thumpsup.gif
Thank you for taking the time to reply. This was exactly the information that I was looking for.

bye1.gif
And thank you for the welcome!