My Toddler Wants a Light...Suggestions Needed

Brody

Newly Enlightened
I am glad that your daughter likes the light! :) I know that my neighbor's kid really likes the color wash effect and will fall asleep watching that. When Christmas comes around, you might show her how to do the red green flashing Christmas mode. Or you can show the red white blue flashing mode for Veterans Day :)

Gaffle

Enlightened
Shakelight, or one of the cheap clones if you must. http://www.shakelight.com

This is an led light powered by a moving magnet, i.e. you generate the electricity by shaking the light up and down so it lights up (a few seconds of shaking = a few minutes of light). No batteries to drain by leaving it on all night, no recharging to mess with, no parts to swallow, the thing is completely sealed. A friend of mine has one and it's great fun to play with, even for older toddlers such as myself.

I'm with Paul on this one. Buy a Nightstar. The child can burn off some energy just charging his light. I have the larger model and I must say that sucker can take a lickin. The site offers smaller lights.

What about the Streamlight ProPoly 2AA Lux? It is rated at 25 lumens so it may be in the "burn your eyes category". The reason I bring up this light is because it is made in the USA. The contamination factor would be minute compared to some of the foreign stuff (these days anyway). Plus you have the Streamlight warranty. The 18 hours of regulation is always nice, plus there is a built-on clip. Your toddler can where it on his pants!;)

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the nightstar idea, because they are so dim and nothing to swallow.

Here is another suggestion. The completely sealed Solar "Free Light". Post a WTB to get the original one that only had momentary and wasn't very bright.
http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/freelite.htm

It's small but alot bigger than a Photon so harder to swallow. Maybe still not good for kids that stick everything in their mouths.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am glad that your daughter likes the light! :) I know that my neighbor's kid really likes the color wash effect and will fall asleep watching that. When Christmas comes around, you might show her how to do the red green flashing Christmas mode. Or you can show the red white blue flashing mode for Veterans Day :)

Oh...how do you find those modes? I didn't know they existed.

Brody

Newly Enlightened
First, get it into the strobe mode. Press and hold the button. It will first change the pace of the strobe. Continue to hold the button, and it will go into the first hidden mode. Press and hold the button and soon the light will change into the second hidden mode. Again for the third. If you keep holding the button, it will change back to the first strobe mode.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with Paul on this one. Buy a Nightstar. The child can burn off some energy just charging his light. I have the larger model and I must say that sucker can take a lickin. The site offers smaller lights.
i was thinking the same

maybe a rayovac penlight? 2aaa, $4 at walmart. get some rechargeables.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, get it into the strobe mode. Press and hold the button. It will first change the pace of the strobe. Continue to hold the button, and it will go into the first hidden mode. Press and hold the button and soon the light will change into the second hidden mode. Again for the third. If you keep holding the button, it will change back to the first strobe mode.

How nifty is that. THANK you!

Latest posts