Need a new light for work

ven

Flashaholic
Have a look at some 2 bay and 4 bay chargers from xtar and nitecore. Quite a few to choose from, ideally you want 1a for your 18650 cells(roughly) and 0.25/0.5a for the smaller 16340 cells.

jlittle

Newly Enlightened
Have a look at some 2 bay and 4 bay chargers from xtar and nitecore. Quite a few to choose from, ideally you want 1a for your 18650 cells(roughly) and 0.25/0.5a for the smaller 16340 cells.

So the xtar vp4 would be a good one? What about the folomov a4? A guy has for sale on the forum.

ven

Flashaholic
I have a vp4 and yes its pretty good, no nimh support if thats important. There is the vp2 as well, another good charger , little more compact being a 2 bay charger. The vc4 can be a little temperamental with the charge rates, very dependent on having a good USB plug. The vc2 plus looks decent as well, xtar are a good brand, pretty much difficult to go wrong with them.

The a4 gets a good review here, so yes looks a good option
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger Folomov A4 UK.html

If you have some time, its worth checking out HKJ reviews, very knowledgeable on all things charger and cells..............many more things too. :)
I am liking my opus bt c3100 a lot, supports up to 2a charging, nimh, voltage display so makes it easy for me to know where i am up to. Can be found for around $30, imo good value.

jlittle

Newly Enlightened
I have a vp4 and yes its pretty good, no nimh support if thats important. There is the vp2 as well, another good charger , little more compact being a 2 bay charger. The vc4 can be a little temperamental with the charge rates, very dependent on having a good USB plug. The vc2 plus looks decent as well, xtar are a good brand, pretty much difficult to go wrong with them.

The a4 gets a good review here, so yes looks a good option
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger Folomov A4 UK.html

If you have some time, its worth checking out HKJ reviews, very knowledgeable on all things charger and cells..............many more things too. :)
I am liking my opus bt c3100 a lot, supports up to 2a charging, nimh, voltage display so makes it easy for me to know where i am up to. Can be found for around $30, imo good value.

i have read a handful of his reviews i just still don't know enough to see what all the graphs mean and he says it's a good charger in his reviews I'll read the review of the 3100.

ven

Flashaholic
The 3100 kind of got a little mixed review iirc, but it has been updated since then. So some of the niggles have been addressed. Must have had mine a couple of years, all issue free other than swapping out a noisy fan. Around $1.50 and 5 mins of my time. Out of all my chargers, if any failed, the 3100 would be the one to get replaced immediately .

Beard Man

Enlightened
This:
Surefire 6P (bored for 18650)
Malkoff Drop-in M361-LMH
McClicky Switch
Stainless Bezel Ring
-------------------------
38105279505_e5e1eb2aea_b.jpg

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the xtar vp4 would be a good one? What about the folomov a4? A guy has for sale on the forum.
I use the Xtar vp2 for my 16340s and 18650s. It's an economic, simple and easy to use charger.
I'm the same as you with the complicated bits in the charger reviews, I just scroll down to the bottom and look for Good or Very Good.
P

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you use the light for at work?
I highly recommend a least get a light that takes 18650, or larger batteries if you use it for long hours.
I just ordered an Acebeam L16, since I want a slightly smaller light than their Acebeam L30.

jlittle

Newly Enlightened
What do you use the light for at work?
I highly recommend a least get a light that takes 18650, or larger batteries if you use it for long hours.
I just ordered an Acebeam L16, since I want a slightly smaller light than their Acebeam L30.

All around maintenance, light up an area to inspect or while I'm working on a componet. As stated earlier i ordered the zebra light H600fd mk4 I'm thinking about sticking with ZL. I like the flood that is provided by my H32F is the beam similar to a sc64? Or would i need to step up to a sc600 to get a more Floody bean? Also can anyone tell me what batteries work best in ZL lights? Button no button ect "18650's"

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You made a good choice.
I usually try to buy button top, since they are more versatile in all flashlights.
From Zebralight website http://www.zebralight.com/ZL635-350...-Battery-ship-to-US-customers-only_p_190.html
All around maintenance, light up an area to inspect or while I'm working on a componet. As stated earlier i ordered the zebra light H600fd mk4 I'm thinking about sticking with ZL. I like the flood that is provided by my H32F is the beam similar to a sc64? Or would i need to step up to a sc600 to get a more Floody bean? Also can anyone tell me what batteries work best in ZL lights? Button no button ect "18650's"

Last edited:

Latest posts