Need a Spotlight to Turn Off Streetlight Photocell

IgNITEor

Newly Enlightened
Weird? :thinking: But that's what we do here. Present a difficult situation and together we work to help each other out.
Seriously, this streetlight issue has potential to get real crazy.
I'm suggesting to steer clear of getting inside the base, where the hand-hole allows access to the wiring. Even in smaller developments, some street lighting systems operate at 277 Volts to ground (you) and you DO NOT want to get in there and mess with anything.
ProLawn, if you think you can work with your neighbor, maybe you guys can get a heavy black plastic lawn & leaf bag and slip it over the head of the light and it's all over until someone complains.
Otherwise, I've got another idea in mind.
And it could get REAL weird!

BowHunterk

Newly Enlightened
I do a very large computer controlled Christmas display and my nextdoor neighbor has a streetlight w/photocell in the front yard. Its one of the decorative kind that the whole neighborhood has. I need to shine it on the photocell to turn the streetlight off. It puts out a lot of light and takes away from the wow factor of my display. Can someone recomend a powerful spotlight that can be plugged in as well as be used cordless. I will also have to have it on every night from 6:00 to 9:30 Dec1-Dec31. So I will need one that can be on for long periods of time and be rain proof. The light is about 100 ft from my house. I also dont want a $300+ light. Any recomendations under $100. Replacement bulbs should also be readily available. If anyone can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it

Red Rider BB gun $95.00. Box of wadcutter pellets $2.50. 1000W HID bulb $84.39. 1000W HID bulb $84.39 1000W HID bulb $84.39. your neighbor eventualy get the message or just run out of money to keep replacing them, leaving you display $PRICELESS$:hitit:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
have a look at some of the 80mW blu rays, that should do it
Earlier poster stated 30W laser is needed (sounds like too much)
You stated that 80mW should suffice. My blu-ray doesn't turn off the street lamp by my apartment, though! It was labeled as 10mW, but after pot modding it can perform optical trapping, smolder anything dark or green, light sharpied matches instantly, and stings when I focus it on my arm, leading me to believe that it is up there in power.