Need a watch

DBrier

Enlightened
I am looking for a new watch and need some help. Currently I have a Junghans Carbon and I love it, but I need a watch with recurring alarms. I take a lot of medicine every day and I want a watch that will set off an alarm every day at the same time. It needs to have at least 4 of these alarms. I thought I found my answer in the Casio line, but their alarms are one time alarms. There are a few medical watches designed for this, but they are not very durable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The watch has to be tough, I wear it 24/7, even when working on cars and things.
Must be waterproof, to survive boating and showers.
Needs a light or tritium.
Atomic time, I can't live without this feature after having it.
Those are the bare minimun requirements, here are some things I would like to have...
Sapphire crystal
Titainium case and band
analog/digital combo (but I can live with digital only)
Solar power (this is stretch, but some of the Casio and Junghans have it)
Other cool gadgets (temp, compass, altimeter, etc) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't want much do I?

RichardMT

Newly Enlightened
The Casio I have does the alarms the way you want it. It has 4 which can be set serately. They will each go off at the same time every day. The one time alarm means they will just go off once that day, but will remain set and do it again the next day.

It also has a 5th snooze alarm. It goes off at the set time, and then goes again every 5 minutes after that for 30 minutes.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, that Casio Tough Solar G-shock fits all of your requirements- can't get much more rugged than that, has solar, the 5 alarms mentioned, and EL backlight-
You CAN beat it with a stick- It's INVINCIBLE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dandruff

Enlightened
i own both a timex and several gshocks and from my experience, gshocks are infinitely superior to timex.

i love the way the timex looks but its just plain frail. imay have got a lemon but my timex died on me the first time i went for a swim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. repaired it, died a little while later again. havent bothered to fix it since...

stockae92

Enlightened
my pick is casio g-shock tough solar + waveceptor

no battery and no need to set the time.

citizen eco drive should fill your bill too but they are more expensive

but nothing touches casio g-shock with the feature and tough-ness with price that you are paying it.

i haven't tried the shock resistance model by timex, but i destroied an ironman 100-lap.

i have 2 g-shocks, i might get a shock resistance timex ironman and see how well it stack up against the g-shocks

if you want gadgets, try casio tough solar triple sensor/pathfinder, it got compass, altimeter, themometer, and time telling. no battery and some come with titanium band. its huge. (bigger than most g-shock?!)

if you want to wear the watch when you are working on cars and stuff, you might want something that's "bang-able", either it's tough and scratch-resistance or it's cheap so you don't mind it comes all scratched up.

DBrier

Enlightened
Here is the one I am looking at.
e166630191571305bfa0a02a6b4301d2.gif

http://casio.onlinewatchoutlet.com/flypage/484/Casio_GW700A
Atomic Solar G-SHOCK Wave Ceptor Watch
Atomic Timekeeping
Solar Powered
Shock Resistant
200 Meter Water Resistant
EL Backlight With Afterglow
Time Recorder
World Time (30 Cities)
1/100 Sec. Stopwatch
4 Daily Alarms/1 Snooze Alarm
Hourly Time Signal
Auto Calendar
12/24 Hour Formats
Available Colors: Black

From what you tell me the alarms work the way I want them too.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just remember that those watches have great feature sets and great prices, but they are HUGE. I'd own a solar atomic gshock for a beater watch if it wasn't so rediculously huge.

Mark

DBrier

Enlightened
Thanks for the warning. I'd better check them out in a store before I order on online.
Where is a good store to check them out in person? The cheaper Casios should be easy to find, but what about the high end ones?

Dale

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walmart has the standard plastic G Shock with solar and atomic features. You can pretty much count on them all being that size or bigger. Good luck. Like I said, I'd own one, but its just way too big for my scrawny wrists.

Mark

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I agree. Most of the G-Shocks are really monstrous. I like one that's at least thin enough to pull a buttoned shirt sleeve over it.

stockae92

Enlightened
i have a casio 5600 g-shock and the size is small enough for me, and it became my everyday watch

simbad

Enlightened
The Suunto compass/alt/therm is usefull also and better quality but is like taking a wall clock with you, I ve seen a new model from Casio with GPS..