Need brand of Torx set were the drivers fold into handle and the shafts are the same diameter as the bits.

TD-Horne

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a brand of Torx fold into handle driver set that does not taper the bit end smaller than the shaft. Recessed set screws, such as the one used in a Maglite switch, can not be reached if the shaft is larger than the bit.

Tom Horne

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
Park Tool TWS-2 is exactly that if it has the sizes you need.

TD-Horne

Newly Enlightened
Isnt that what torx keys are for?
I didn't follow your question but let me explain that when a Torx set screw is well down a threaded shaft hole if the driver has a larger shaft than the outside dimension of the Torx tip itself it will not reach all the way down the shaft it will hang up on the opening of the set screw threaded shaft if the driver shaft is larger than the Torx bit's outer dimension.

Tom Horne

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
You wont find a folding set like that, i tried, many of us tried when mag introduced new set screw, we had to file down shafts of the t8 keys to fit, but today you can get individual t8 for maglite from lumencraft.

Sjvalleydave

Newly Enlightened
I didn't follow your question but let me explain that when a Torx set screw is well down a threaded shaft hole if the driver has a larger shaft than the outside dimension of the Torx tip itself it will not reach all the way down the shaft it will hang up on the opening of the set screw threaded shaft if the driver shaft is larger than the Torx bit's outer dimension.

Tom Horne

Can anyone recommend a brand of Torx fold into handle driver set that does not taper the bit end smaller than the shaft. Recessed set screws, such as the one used in a Maglite switch, can not be reached if the shaft is larger than the bit.

Tom Horne
Just saw your question. I'll attach 2 pics, one they fold back in the handle, the other I use a cordless drill, their 4" long. BTW, they are both for S
20230329_234640.jpg
Security Torx
20230329_234758.jpg
20230329_235040.jpg

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
A number of years ago, I found myself looking for the same thing. I ended up with an inexpensive set of driver handled long torx but did need to file down the shaft on the t8 in order for it to work.

TD-Horne

Newly Enlightened
You wont find a folding set like that, i tried, many of us tried when mag introduced new set screw, we had to file down shafts of the t8 keys to fit, but today you can get individual t8 for Maglite from Lumencraft.
Thank you so much. That is a great remedy.

Tom Horne