Need help wiring DX driver

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the three pack of these drivers http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4735

On the DX website they are shown with the leads attached, but when I received them they were not. Has anyone else who ordered these had to solder the LED leads. There are not clear markings as to solder points. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shot at 2007-07-26

Last edited:

Mash

Enlightened
Dont have these, but from magnifiying the foto:
LED positive lead, to L+ on the board
Does it say L- anywhere on the board? If not, -ve seems to be soldered to the OTHER side of the Q2 resistor thingy, ie the junction other side of where it says Q2.

Does this makes sense?
And also ask over at DX. ;-)

Last edited:

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
Well the ones pictured on the website are different than the ones that I have. They are the same part number but from a different manufacturer or something. There are no markings on these except for where the resistors are and other components ore soldered onto the board. I will try to post a pic. Thanks for the input.

Mash

Enlightened
K,
I see there is question about this there already, probably from you. SO lets hope it gets resolved!

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
I just saw that too, but it's not me. Seems that I am not the only one wondering about it. There is also a post on there about the boards looking different than the ones pictured.

I may just hook my power supply to one and start probing around with my multimeter to find the solder points.

Illum

Flashaholic
Well the ones pictured on the website are different than the ones that I have. They are the same part number but from a different manufacturer or something. There are no markings on these except for where the resistors are and other components ore soldered onto the board. I will try to post a pic. Thanks for the input.

would you be able to provide a closeup pic of the driver boards that came...perhaps we could trace the components

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
Here is the board that I am working on. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Shot at 2007-07-26

Last edited:

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
I'm beginning to think that it was a mistake buying these. I can't find any information about wiring these, not even from DX.:sigh:

Bertrik

Newly Enlightened
Looking at the datasheet, I think you should connect the LED between pins 2 (bottom middle, Vout, positive) and 1 (bottom left, IFB, negative) of the 2106 IC. As far as I can see on the picture, the LED should be parallel to the yellow capacitor (left = negative, right = positive). The resistor marked R270 is a current sense resistor, setting the nominal current to 0.2 V / 0.27 ohm = 740 mA.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
4p3ifc9.jpg

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
Koala snd Bertrik , thank you very much for your help. I'm gonna wire it up tonight.