New 123 Lummi (MiL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking forward to seeing this available for purchase! :twothumbs I Love the design.

If I had my ultimate wish for it, it would have a band of enamel around it, kind of like the Fabergé egg collection.

I'll take it as it is though, it was LOVE at first sight. :D

Lisa

Dog Chaser

Enlightened
On the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay
I think this is a great looking proto. My only complaint would be the extra 1/2 inch ring beyond the reflector. That has to narrow the flood output to some degree. I would want to see the reflector further out or the ring trimmed down. Just one man's opinion.

JohnF

Enlightened
An ball/indent for the off position should provide accidental turn-on protection, yes? Mine will be an XP-G driven at 1.2a or so on max, 5700k-6000k tint. I love the beams of most all XP-G lights I've handled, and they provide a nice combo of brightness and runtime. Maybe the S2 will be out in time to use, that would be great also.

Ready to pre-pay right now for one of the first. You've got my email...

John F
LV, NV

Phredd

Enlightened
Hi Rob,

This is an exciting technology. I'd be more interested in this in a smaller version, like a CR2. A Wee size would be incredible. You said this is not what it would look like, so I hope you'll make it look more like the Raw Ti, which I think is very stylish.

Good luck,
Phredd

Psychomodo

Enlightened
Would you be able to max out the SST-50 to 500+ lumens as a sort of "burst/WOW" feature?

If so, put me down for one :thumbsup:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a close-up side view of how the angle head mates to the body?

Please tell me there will be a Ti version. :poke:

gjg

Enlightened
I wouldn't hold my breath for that one - that would be a HEAVY light in NS to no real advantage. And with Rob being busy putting VBC into the Wee and Raw, I would think any other metals for this are a ways off.
Just my $0.02
gg
Good to see a new light here. I'm interested. If its aluminum, I'll wait for NS.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Whan I was asking for a 123 light I was hoping it was going to be the 3 peice light you showed a while back, without 90 degree bend.

I see the features you mention of the new design, Its nice, but not what I have much use or hoped for for my personal use.

I like the variable OP. Would be nice with SST-50 for a burst or not on IMR's...But please concider a regular tube style also ( prehaps I am in the wrong thread)

One thing for the clip would also be a lanyard attachment, I dont mind light clipped in my pockets, but clipped outside I would want to know it was attached to me if It got knocked and dropped from the pocket/ clip.

JohnF

Enlightened
The 90 degree bend is one of the things that makes this light different, modern, and sort of retro at the same time. It absolutely will be useful for many folks (myself included), and for those who've not used this style in the past, well, think about the possibilities and give it a try.

John F

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 90 degree bend is one of the things that makes this light different, modern, and sort of retro at the same time. It absolutely will be useful for many folks (myself included), and for those who've not used this style in the past, well, think about the possibilities and give it a try.

John F

I agree. The utility of the design is going to be amazing especially if a clip is added. To be able to go hands free is excellent. More and more I sell my standard lights and move towards hands free with zebralights and head lamps. It makes the lights that much more enjoyable to use.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all again for the much appreciated encouragement.
I am working with the machine shop at the moment to get MiL into manufacture stage.
Having lived with MiL in proto stage for the last couple of weeks provides a valued understanding of how to gain the practical benefits from the design. In other words the right Clip with lanyard attachment is a must. :cool:

jonesy

Enlightened
I think this will be my very first Lummi! I also find myself using my zebralight H30 for many tasks due to the angled head and beam pattern, and to have a similar light made of better materials, infinitely variable output, clip, and a better LED sounds like the perfect combo.

What will the beam pattern be like on this light? I have to admit, this is a light I could see myself using for years to come as an EDC item, as opposed to some of the others I have. Keep up the good work Rob!

Status
Not open for further replies.