*new* Acebeam K70: max. 2600 lumens, 1300 meters throw

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats gizmo, imo you will be well impressed and may follow your lead at some point :D Trying to be sensible! yeh right............

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Congrats gizmo, imo you will be well impressed and may follow your lead at some point :D Trying to be sensible! yeh right............

It will be my last thrower for a long time. The specs are really impressive. A "boosted TM16GT" for the intensity and the throw distance but with less spill...or a TM36 with more spill and intensity...I think...but could be wrong for the TM36 because I don't have it.

ven

Flashaholic
Acebeam have not disappointed me, imo the build now is not far behind Fenix..............very close now and their innovation is as good as nitecore who are well up there and past Fenix for throwing some interesting LED's into the mix. I do like Fenix for their build/ano and simplicity...........just want them to "get with it" as it does frustrate me tbh.

The k60vn is certainly one of my all time fav lights! the k70 although not as bright, the 400+ kcd will sure satisfy most throw junkies needs.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
I don't want to go on mod lights. The shipping and duties adds a lot of money to them in Canada. Just bought a $100.00us lights in december from USA and the shipping+duties were around 50.00us. A chance that this light was at big discount. From Asia, until now, I did'nt pay any of them. If Vinh were in Canada, I would have many of their lights.

Theodore41

Enlightened
I came to a conclusion for myself after some experience with TN32 1702 lm: excessing 1K lumen in 95% cases effectively blinds yourself with an accidental reflection. Even simple translucent glass in the way of a beam hits back on the verge of pain. And in case of a wise bad guy with a shiny or white something in his hands... if reflection exceeds 800 lm, you are both blinded.
...I buy mine for this purpose exactly.ie to blind some bad guy,(putting it in strobe mode), because there many of them in my neighborhood.:)

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do like Fenix for their build/ano and simplicity...........just want them to "get with it" as it does frustrate me tbh.

The Fenix engineers astounded me a few weeks back when challenged in their led choices. Their response was something like "Why would you want more than 700ms of throw, your eye can't see past that anyway." It was in reference to a high lumen flooder, but let's hope that mentality doesn't pervade Fenix too much, with high lumen throwers being the new black in flashlights, for us anyway.

Fenix needs to give us a reason to buy from them, because they don't have a monopoly on quality. On tint, options, innovation and performance they seem to have some catching up to do.

ven

Flashaholic
I don't want to go on mod lights.

Your about as close to a modded light as you can get, even vinh can not boost them as they are driven that hard. The only mod he does tends to be better focusing of the LED and better heat sinking..............

Acebeam are well ahead of some manufacturers and pushing the boundaries out of the box:)

ven

Flashaholic
The Fenix engineers astounded me a few weeks back when challenged in their led choices. Their response was something like "Why would you want more than 700ms of throw, your eye can't see past that anyway." It was in reference to a high lumen flooder, but let's hope that mentality doesn't pervade Fenix too much, with high lumen throwers being the new black in flashlights, for us anyway.

Fenix needs to give us a reason to buy from them, because they don't have a monopoly on quality. On tint, options, innovation and performance they seem to have some catching up to do.

Fenix will catch up............probably 12 months time:shakehead by then there will be newer LED's or flavour of the month and be behind again. Still they offer one of the better made Chinese lights, hopefully they will see past the 700m and look at how much brighter a 1300m light is. At 400yds than a 700m light at the same..........Not all about seeing 700+m, also how much you can see better closer up!

gyzmo2002

Enlightened

Your about as close to a modded light as you can get, even vinh can not boost them as they are driven that hard. The only mod he does tends to be better focusing of the LED and better heat sinking..............

Acebeam are well ahead of some manufacturers and pushing the boundaries out of the box:)

The K70 is hard to beat for the price. I think Acebeam will sell many of them.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Agreeing, yes, Vinh is having to deal with turbo heat issues. I like Vinh's TK75vn output (Spec 3: Brightest flood option with whiter ~6000K tint, Lumen 14,500/13,700, Lux 110K Max), wife approval issues aside, heat issues have also slowed me down.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix will catch up............probably 12 months time:shakehead by then there will be newer LED's or flavour of the month and be behind again. Still they offer one of the better made Chinese lights, hopefully they will see past the 700m and look at how much brighter a 1300m light is. At 400yds than a 700m light at the same..........Not all about seeing 700+m, also how much you can see better closer up!

Nailed it! There is a job as a flashlight engineer waiting for you! :D

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
wu1SZDD.jpg

throws much better than my overclocked dedomed K40 XML2!

great cool white tint. clean beam, minimal coronal "swirls"

new magnetic ring w/ ridges, very ergonomic

two thumbs up for this new model!

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Banned
I was thinking of getting thrunite TN32UT for monsoons this year, but seems like this is the light for my needs. 75 Lumens for 75hrs, now that's the runtime that can last me for a week or so of trips during monsoons in western ghats.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overclocker, You might be the first one to get the K70! :eek: :faint:

Can you post more pics of your K70 and if possible beamshots? I would love to get one too! Thanks! :)

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overclocker, You might be the first one to get the K70! :eek: :faint:

Can you post more pics of your K70 and if possible beamshots? I would love to get one too! Thanks! :)

yeah it helps that i'm like 1hr away from shenzhen :) will post beamshots tomorrow at my standard beamshot venue

gpLsI6H.jpg

ht36Pq8.jpg

30qwUIt.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic
That light looks so darn good! :D emailed Vinh this afternoon, to ask if he is already looking what he can do with it. Standard numbers are impressive, but héé.. they could be higher :p