new charger purchase

Spartanden

Newly Enlightened
you can tell by my post numbers I'm a newbie..... an old man, but new to this flashlight thing. so I bought a new flashlight and it came less battery. no big deal... I have some eneloops AA that I can use. Lo and behold if find the AA is too short. What's this? a little investigation and I find I need 18650 battery. So I spent time here looking. Totally confused. Protected. unprotected. charger. who? what? when? I finally gave up and bought a Nitecore D2 with a pair of Edisonbright EBR34 protected batteries. Paid a bunch for this... touch over $50....but figure with a no brain charger, and, hopefully, good batteries, I'll be fine. I don't mind paying for quality, and I'm hoping and feeling I did just that. so here I am.... into your world of addiction..... hope I survive!!

ven

Flashaholic
Your not off to a too bad start, the charger is good, the cells look like panasonic B inside=good , seem to have paid a good whack for them though.

Spartanden

Newly Enlightened
I suspect so....but that does include shipping.... thought $25 for charger and about $20 for both batteries...plus the shipping charges $6-7 would add up to a bit much. but..... my first foray into this, I guess we'll learn the hard way!! thanks for the replies!

ven

Flashaholic
Well least its good stuff!! Thats the main thing;)

So with a spare battery...............:poke:..............got to give it a home:p

Evadinnn

Newly Enlightened
Nice starter charger, sparta! You were more fortunate as I got my Energizer Recharge Pro as a starter, but regretted buying it as it only charges in pairs.