• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New Cree XP-G2 P60 Replacement Modules

joco

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Dave. Got the module, and as always, it's great. Love the starlight mode. Very handy for getting around while not ruining my night vision. Also, I leave it on at night so I can find the light. Cheaper than trits. I have a question. I've looked in the thread, and can't find that it's been asked before. What is your estimate for the current draw? I assume that it's less than 1% since it's so much dimmer than low, and that's 5%.

Thanks, John (joco)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Dave. Got the module, and as always, it's great. Love the starlight mode. Very handy for getting around while not ruining my night vision. Also, I leave it on at night so I can find the light. Cheaper than trits. I have a question. I've looked in the thread, and can't find that it's been asked before. What is your estimate for the current draw? I assume that it's less than 1% since it's so much dimmer than low, and that's 5%.

Thanks, John (joco)

HI

Sorry I really don't know but quite low, I have not measured on my good meter but it is too low to register on my power supply's meter. I would also guess less than 1%

Dave

Hi Dave...repeat buyer here...

Would please send me one module, built as follows:
XP-G2 R5 flux 3D tint 5000k
2.8-6 volts / 1.4 amps
5 levels *low, med, high, strobe, SOS*
MOP reflector
Potted

Thanks. Paypal info to follow by private message.

Sincerely,

DaveTheDude

P.S. -- PayPal sent at 6:15 p.m. Eastern Time.

Last edited:

joco

Newly Enlightened
Dave, would this starlight mode even light up if the driver were at 1.0 rather than 1.4 mah? I'm thinking there would be very little visible reduction in output, but a significant increase in runtime. Love the low!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave...repeat buyer here...

Would please send me one module, built as follows:
XP-G2 R5 flux 3D tint 5000k
2.8-6 volts / 1.4 amps
5 levels *low, med, high, strobe, SOS*
MOP reflector
Potted

Thanks. Paypal info to follow by private message.

Sincerely,

DaveTheDude

P.S. -- PayPal sent at 6:15 p.m. Eastern Time.

Hi

Module shipped this AM

thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, would this starlight mode even light up if the driver were at 1.0 rather than 1.4 mah? I'm thinking there would be very little visible reduction in output, but a significant increase in runtime. Love the low!

Hi

Sorry I really don't know how it would behave. It is all mute until I get my new shipment of Qlite drivers.

Dave

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
Hi Dave, I'll take two please....

XP-E2 Coolwhite R3 flux 1C-1D tint
2.8-6 volts/1.4 amps, 1 level, smooth reflector, potted

XP-E2 Neutral 4000k R2 flux 5B4 tint
2.8-6volts/1.4 amps, 1 level, smooth reflector, potted

pp incoming for these

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave, I'll take two please....

XP-E2 Coolwhite R3 flux 1C-1D tint
2.8-6 volts/1.4 amps, 1 level, smooth reflector, potted

XP-E2 Neutral 4000k R2 flux 5B4 tint
2.8-6volts/1.4 amps, 1 level, smooth reflector, potted

pp incoming for these

Your module shipped yesterday.

thanks

Hi NB. Just placed an order via your website for an XP-G2 Dropin. Thanks!

your module shipped yesterday

thanks

Dave

simplec6

Enlightened
Re: XP-G2 / P60 STYLE MODULES

Hi

You can order through the thread as described on the first page or you can order through our website www.customlites.com

The module is fully regulated and is not a buck boost driver it is fully regulated driver with low voltage protection and reverse polarity protection.

Hi NB,
I did double check your website and the OP of this thread for this info. I also searched the thread and this quoted post was the only info. I found on a search.

I was wondering how the low voltage detection in this driver (2.8-6 volts, 1.4 amps, 3 mode) worked in terms of voltage that it kicks on at and what exactly happens when that voltage is hit?

Thanks much.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi NB,
I did double check your website and the OP of this thread for this info. I also searched the thread and this quoted post was the only info. I found on a search.

I was wondering how the low voltage detection in this driver (2.8-6 volts, 1.4 amps, 3 mode) worked in terms of voltage that it kicks on at and what exactly happens when that voltage is hit?

Thanks much.

HI

Not sure what voltage but it will be higher than 2.8volts since most emitters are 3volts or more VF wise. I never checked voltage I just change batts when light dims and starts to flash slowly. All have low voltage protection and reverse polarity protection.

Dave

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi, Dave

In your older thread you offered 4 level drivers: starlight, low, med, high. Is that driver available for the LEDs in this thread as well?

Also, can you guess at the lumen rating for the XP-E2 red?

Croyde

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dave,

Paypal sent for new style XPE with "photo red" LED, single level only, driven at lower rate of 750ma, with an OP reflector.

Many thanks,

Mike

Jackyl

Enlightened

Do your current XPG2 drivers have memory or no? Do you still email shipping notifications? Thanks!

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

Yes check the store in my sig line, it shows everything we offer now. For XPG2 we offer 1 level / 3 level / 5 level low , med , high , SOS , strobe.

Last level memory with a 3 second stock to memory time.

Yes the store and stamps.com which is our shipping program both send emails at shipping time.

Dave

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,

I'd like an:

XP-E2 Neutral 4000k on copper sinkpad
Single mode 1.4 amps, 2.8-6V
OP reflector
Potted
Copper tape

Shipping to Australia.