**NEW** EagleTac SX25L2, MX25L2, GX25L2

Gobc

Newly Enlightened
Received my MX25L2. It's my first 'big' light. Output is balls to the WALL. Only nitpick is, there is
an edge ring from the smooth reflector though, and the SST-90 does leave a footprint of its shape in the
beam profile. Probably unavoidable because of the large emitter size so that's OK.

I was concerned that the light was the N3 binned emitter version, but no this is the P-bin.

Looks like a heavy duty police light so be wary if you are running around carrying this thing you might
give people the wrong impression. :D

Not sure if I understood your cause of the edge ring. Are you suggesting that the edge ring is caused by the entire square shaped body of the SST-90 being present in the reflector?

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
I think he means the smooth reflector is responsible for the one ring on the very outside of the beam and the shape of the SST-90 shows up while white wall hunting. That's how my copy looks as well.

Gobc

Newly Enlightened
Still an awesome light, despite that outer bluish ring.

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
For sure! I amazed some friends with it tonight. It really lights up a large area for quite a ways! I really like the instant turbo from any mode because I usually keep it on the first or second level and then hold down the button for turbo as needed. Great UI with lots of lumens and pretty good throw!:twothumbs

yoyoyo109

Newly Enlightened
I might pick up the GX25L2. it's dimensions are the only ones that would fit what i need it for unfortunately. Most of yall will be going for the MX but i'll post some pictures of its little brother for those interested!

alee

Newly Enlightened
Got a pair of SX25L2 lights from Illumination Gear... haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it, but so far it is spectacular.

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone make or does anyone know a review of the new eageltac gx/sx/mx flashlights?

thnx :twothumbs

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
I've seen next to nothing regarding the MX25's so far, only questions and speculations. I mean, somebody must have one of these by now and could give the rest of us waiting to pull the trigger some useful feedback, if not a complete review. Initial impressions? How do they compare to other lights in their class? Beamshots? Anybody?

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
I've seen next to nothing regarding the MX25's so far, only questions and speculations. I mean, somebody must have one of these by now and could give the rest of us waiting to pull the trigger some useful feedback, if not a complete review. Initial impressions? How do they compare to other lights in their class? Beamshots? Anybody?
Feel free to ask away! I'll give you honest answers!

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
Feel free to ask away! I'll give you honest answers!

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving! Do you have the SST-90 or SBT-90 MX version?

My current best thower is the Thrunite TN31, but it doesn't have much spill and has tunnel effect. How does the SBT-90 version of the MX compare with it in terms of spill vs hot spot and throw, etc? Or, if I was going to spend that much, would it be worth just shelling out an extra $80 or so and going with a SR95UT, and do you think I'd really see enough difference between it and my TN31 to warrant the high price tag?

As far as an area illuminator goes, I really like my JetBeam RRT-3 1950lm, but it doesn't really throw all that well. Is the SST-90 MX a good balance between distance and flood? Otherwise I was perhaps considering getting a TN30.

A picture is worth a thousands words and I was hoping to see some comparison beamshots of MX's and other lights. Also, the Turbo Head option that was shown in the Eagletac promos, but I haven't seen or heard about since would be a factor in deciding. Has this idea been scraped for production?

Last edited:

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving! Do you have the SST-90 or SBT-90 MX version?

My current best thower is the Thrunite TN31, but it doesn't have much spill and has tunnel effect. How does the SBT-90 version of the MX compare with it in terms of spill vs hot spot and throw, etc? Or, if I was going to spend that much, would it be worth just shelling out an extra $80 or so and going with a SR95UT, and do you think I'd really see enough difference between it and my TN31 to warrant the high price tag?

As far as an area illuminator goes, I really like my JetBeam RRT-3 1950lm, but it doesn't really throw all that well. Is the SST-90 MX a good balance between distance and flood? Otherwise I was perhaps considering getting a TN30.

A picture is worth a thousands words and I was hoping to see some comparison beamshots of MX's and other lights. Also, the Turbo Head option that was shown in the Eagletac promos, but I haven't seen or heard about since would be a factor in deciding. Has this idea been scraped for production?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have the MX25L2 SST90 version. I purchased this light to help navigate the boat back to the landing at night. I wanted a light that would throw nicely as well as illuminate a large area around me. This light did not disappoint! It throws well, but has tons of lumens in the spill. The UI is also a plus. While in the boat I can leave the light on the low setting for up close use and then press and hold the button for an instant 2,200 lumen blast out over the water. I have never used a TN31, so I can't really comment on it. This light is a beast and I really enjoy it every chance I get! I took some "decent" shots of the beam on the turbo setting against a Fenix TK45 on turbo. Not sure if you saw those. As far as the MX25L2 SBT90 and the SR95UT go, I have no experience with those lights either. I'm getting a nice camera for Christmas and if there aren't any better beam shots then I will post some higher quality pics. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
Can you post some orther pics from the light?

I cant wait for some nice reviews or vids of this light.

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
If it's possible everything.
You dont have to make 20 pics just a couple of the flashlight itself and some beamshots, and I will be happy :).

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
If it's possible everything.
You dont have to make 20 pics just a couple of the flashlight itself and some beamshots, and I will be happy :).

Agreed. Short of a full review, a couple of nicely focused beamshots at say 150 yards, including another well known light for comparison would be extremely helpful here. Come on, there's got to be more than one owner of an MX25L2 (SST-90 or SBT-90) out there... :anyone:

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
Turbo Versions now up on the Eagletac website: :clap:

More sizzle, no steak! I was really excited when I first heard about this flashlight, but all you ever see are promos and old introductory videos - and now they're talking about the new turbo version! The MX25's have been on the market for around two months now and I've yet to find a single independent review or even a useful set of comparison beamshots anywhere, only a couple of subjective comments by users. Either sales have been abysmal or no one finds it impressive enough to review. Does this flashlight even exist in real life, or is it just an elaborate hoax :confused: I've tried contacting Eagletac, but the only way to do that seems to be via a generic contact web page, no phone numbers, etc, and I haven't had a response yet.

Manufacturers commonly overstate specs. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm personally not wasting my time and $$$ on shipping only to receive a flashlight I end up being underwhelmed by and returning - not in this price range, anyway.

Sorry, I just had to get the rant out of my system! :hairpull:

dwminer

Enlightened
More sizzle, no steak! I was really excited when I first heard about this flashlight, but all you ever see are promos and old introductory videos - and now they're talking about the new turbo version! The MX25's have been on the market for around two months now and I've yet to find a single independent review or even a useful set of comparison beamshots anywhere, only a couple of subjective comments by users. Either sales have been abysmal or no one finds it impressive enough to review. Does this flashlight even exist in real life, or is it just an elaborate hoax :confused: I've tried contacting Eagletac, but the only way to do that seems to be via a generic contact web page, no phone numbers, etc, and I haven't had a response yet.

Manufacturers commonly overstate specs. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm personally not wasting my time and $$$ on shipping only to receive a flashlight I end up being underwhelmed by and returning - not in this price range, anyway.

Sorry, I just had to get the rant out of my system! :hairpull:

That's why I moved on when I found a good buy on the TM 15. I like EagleTac (have 5), but they just seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth. I wish EagleTac the best of luck.
Dave

Girryn

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any experience with the turbo head on the MX25L2?

Latest posts