New EDC to replace Fenix P1D

Ace12

Enlightened
I want a new EDC to replace my P1D. I want something close in size that has as much or more output than my P1D. So far I am looking at the Quarks. Any others I should look at?

myblazer72

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved my Q mini 123 and i love it. I have a EX 10-R2 and a Q 123 tactical and now the mini is my EDC. Great light for the money.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the exact same situation. I chose a titanium Quark mini CR123
It has more output on a RCR123 than a P1D.

Ace12

Enlightened
I like the mini, but I want a button instead of twisting action. I may go with the standard size quark(3.2"), which isn't much bigger than the P1D(2.75"). Titanium would be great, but i didn't see that option in the regular size Quarks.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the quark 123.

It draws around 0.8A at max with a RCR. My P2D draws 0.9-1A, and the brgithness is no match for the quark, which seems to be 25% brighter.

I'd get the mini version, same as bright but much more compact.

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
HDS Systems 170 Clicky. :twothumbs Spend a little extra, you will not be sorry!

PayBack

Enlightened
another +1 on the Q 123 mini. I still have my P1D CE but EDC the Quark as it's brighter, smaller and lighter.
Neither are perfect though, the Fenix head is a bit tight, the Quark too loose. If my life depended on it I'd go for the Fenix as it's way more robust, but my life doesn't depend on it so...

Ace12

Enlightened
mini is out of the question. i dont want another twisty type. I want a clicky type. The regular quark 123 is what i'm looking at now.

Speedball

Newly Enlightened
I was in the same boat as you so I tried the Dereelight CLH2, it has an odd way to change levels.

Then I tried the Zebralight SC30 and everything is great except it turns on too easy and it's not supposed to be run on high very long according to them. Their headlamp is my favorite so far.

That HDS system looks cool.....:whistle:

Last edited:

Perfectful

Banned
This flashlight maybe suitable for you ,Brinyte PD03B,it use 1AAA battery ,have five modles,and the price is under $25,free shipping .you can google "popbuying",the SKU number is 28327.:)

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Consider a Peak Logan XP-G R5, a twisty which can also be supplied with a momentary switch, and which is available in HAIII, SS or Brass. It's a single level, beautifully made, bulletproof light which can be ordered in any of eight power levels.
Logan1BR.jpg

Ace12

Enlightened
Got my quark 123 today. Very nice. Brighter than my Fenix P1D and P3D. The tint is also a little warmer than the P3D Q5. Will make a nice EDC. I ordered the version without the clip because i dont want the light facing out of my pocket, I prefer the bezel in the pocket. Is there any aftermarkt clips that will fit this light?

gnu

Newly Enlightened
Just orderd a Quark 123 with XP-G R5. :naughty:

I received mine last week. The brightness is absurd. The size is perfect. If I can get it out of my wife's hands then I'll be fine (might have to order a second one)
I knew about the green issues but mine is greener then expected. Still a great light..

Ace12

Enlightened
I dont see the green issue with mine. It may be there, but my eyes aren't seeing it. Like i stated above, mine is actually warmer than my P3D XR-E Q5

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
I want a new EDC to replace my P1D. I want something close in size that has as much or more output than my P1D. So far I am looking at the Quarks. Any others I should look at?

If a MkLeef P1D body can be found that's what I would suggest, it makes the P1D CE what it should have been (IMHO). I've carried one for 2 years.

PayBack

Enlightened
I dont see the green issue with mine. It may be there, but my eyes aren't seeing it. Like i stated above, mine is actually warmer than my P3D XR-E Q5

I didn't either and wondered what everyone was talking about. Then I white walled it next to my P1D and then I saw it was definitely greener than the Fenix.