**NEW** Fenix PD32 Ultimate Edition (XM-L T6 NW, 740 lumen)

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks lots. i also mailed fenix store to see what they say, so i know...

It looks like it still is but the system may not be updated in real time. From my experience the postman might ring the doorbell with your PD32 and that table might still look the same!
It's only December 11 anyway so you have a good chance of getting it before Christmas.

shamanstar

Newly Enlightened
I just got the ld41 from REI and they also offer the PD32 UE for the same price. I am pretty sure I am going to have to order the PD32 UE and compare them side by side, but the main thing I don't like about the ld41 that I think would be better with the PD is that I sometimes stick the flashlight in my mouth (Gross, I know) if I need both hands for something. The ld41 is a little big for that!

redaztec

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting mine in the mail tomorrow. I picked mine up from shaologear.com. I've dealt with them before buying a few knives already, and they have this and the TK75 in stock:thumbsup:. (Time to head to that post).

Did you run it for very long and how hot did it get on burst? I ordered one for my wife too. I'll share my thoughts when I get mine in the morning.

I ran mine for about 3.75 minutes starting from burst (it ran 3:10 before stepping down) - it got quite warm but not uncomfortably hot to touch, even on the fins. Otherwise I haven't had the opportunity to run it for an extended period yet. I've felt my 180-lumen Streamlight get hotter than that after being run for 5 or 6 minutes.

ShaoloGear

Newly Enlightened
thanks lots. i also mailed fenix store to see what they say, so i know...

USPS is notorious for not scanning packages as they pass through. So it's very possible that it is anywhere. I have several packages that were all shipped the same day. Depending on where they are going some list large distribution centers they have passed through and some still mark the original drop off location. The only thing you really get from the US Postal Service is delivery confirmation.

Regarding Shelm's comment above on the finish. Any aluminum light will wear over time. Aluminum is a pretty soft metal and anodizing is a very thin layer over the metal. It helps to harden the aluminum to a degree, but it will still wear over time. Depending on the features of the light, you can get a thicker anodization layer, but at the cost of the more intricate details.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks from me!.
will write when I receive it!....

USPS is notorious for not scanning packages as they pass through. So it's very possible that it is anywhere. I have several packages that were all shipped the same day. Depending on where they are going some list large distribution centers they have passed through and some still mark the original drop off location. The only thing you really get from the US Postal Service is delivery confirmation.

Regarding Shelm's comment above on the finish. Any aluminum light will wear over time. Aluminum is a pretty soft metal and anodizing is a very thin layer over the metal. It helps to harden the aluminum to a degree, but it will still wear over time. Depending on the features of the light, you can get a thicker anodization layer, but at the cost of the more intricate details.

RomeoKilo

Newly Enlightened
Just received mine. I'm impressed. Outstanding room lighter. I'll take it outside tonight and compare it to my others for throw.

The diffuser is a great little addition, however would be much, much more useful if the light could tail stand.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received mine. I'm impressed. Outstanding room lighter. I'll take it outside tonight and compare it to my others for throw.

The diffuser is a great little addition, however would be much, much more useful if the light could tail stand.

Or even if the light couldn't tailstand, they could add an holder for tailstanding like EagleTac do for some of their lights. The idea of using the diffuser for tailstanding is a good one as it limits the number of accessories you need to carry around where you are on the go. The downside is, if you use the diffuser to make the light tailstand, you can't use to diffuse the light when tailstanding. It's a catch 22!

drew78

Newly Enlightened
I got this lighth the moment my local dealer got them in. Dumb luck actually! I will say that who ever called it a car headlight is right on! What it lacks in throw it makes up in a massive display of output and wide field. Burst gets warm, quick nut it has proven to be a very useful light thus far. I wish it had a bit more throw, but I am liking the beam the more I really use it. Great output and regulation!

Ice

Enlightened
I got mine (in Germany) a few days ago, but since it's meant to be a Christmas gift (from myself to myself actually, the only way to make sure to get something decent... ;)) I relly can't do a review right now.
Nevertheless I did a quick lux measurement in comparison to an old PD31 (holding a lux meter at about 3m distance in the center of the beam): The PD32UE at high (not turbo) has nearly the exact same throw as the PD31, at turbo it's about double that amount. So the PD32UE at turbo should actually throw much better than the old PD31!
Of course the diameter of the hot spot is much larger as well, about 1.5 times that of the PD31.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately I didn't receive mine this week, though it was shipped 8 days ago, usually I will receive package on 6-7 days from Fenixstore. I guess it's because of all the christmas cards...

RomeoKilo

Newly Enlightened
Or even if the light couldn't tailstand, they could add an holder for tailstanding like EagleTac do for some of their lights. The idea of using the diffuser for tailstanding is a good one as it limits the number of accessories you need to carry around where you are on the go. The downside is, if you use the diffuser to make the light tailstand, you can't use to diffuse the light when tailstanding. It's a catch 22!

I think I'll make up something to allow it to tailstand. Maybe a short cut of thick rubber tube that could be pushed onto the tailcap could work. And if it's flexible enough, I could store it over the diffuser itself when neither are being used.

Just a thought for now but next time I'm at my local hardware store I'll look into it.

snala

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately I didn't receive mine this week, though it was shipped 8 days ago, usually I will receive package on 6-7 days from Fenixstore. I guess it's because of all the christmas cards...
I got mine this morning so 7 days to NZ from Fenixstore so yours can't be far away.

It's a very different colour to my TK21 and a twice as big hot spot so for a supplementary bar mounted MTB light it should be good. Gets hot pretty quick on Turbo so burst mode is probably an apt description. Should be fun to compare tonight outside at longer distances but for close up flood/spill work on the 400 lumens setting, it looks exactly like what I was looking for.

P.s If you don't want to use the diffuser it will tail stand in that if the lanyard isn't attached.

timbo114

Enlightened
Just got mine 15 minutes ago ... $67.45 delivered

IMHO, this light is truly fantastic, tint is perfection - and WOW what a wall of light!
I have several custom XM-L NW drop in units ... this PD32UE has THE biggest hot spot of my entire collection.
I'm also amazed at the clean beam profile coming from a smooth reflector ... I was worried about rings and such.
Bravo Fenix!
This one's a Winner!

riot

Newly Enlightened
Just got my PD32 UE, and I'm wondering if my 3.7V Eagletac 3100's are OK for use in it. The manual recommends 3.6V, and says use caution with 3.7V! I don't want to fry it after having owned it for only a few days!

kj2

Flashaholic
Just got my PD32 UE, and I'm wondering if my 3.7V Eagletac 3100's are OK for use in it. The manual recommends 3.6V, and says use caution with 3.7V! I don't want to fry it after having owned it for only a few days!

They are perfect :)