New Fenix TK22.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
I was also worried about local availability of 123 lithium cells, but found them easily at several local stores.

Unless you're a PD officer who works at a department where they pay for your CR123's, you will find them very expensive to keep using. I suggest browsing the battery subsection on this forum and learning all about Li-Ion batteries to save money in the long run. Though, CR123's are nice to have on hand in emergencies.

Nice choice of a light though, it is very bright and well made. :welcome:

drew78

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK-22 advantage?

Hello all!

Long time lurker, havent posted in forever.

Quick question, the TK-22 has caught my eye....but, I already have a SF Fury and a Fenix PD32 Ultimate Edition.

What I am looking for is whether or not the TK-22 is going to bring me anything in terms of light output and throw that I dont already have covered with the above 2 lights.

Any feedback would be appreciated, I really want to pick up the TK-22 but not if its going to be a duplicate in terms of performance ect....

Thanks in advance!

-Drew

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix TK-22 advantage?

I would say its like both your lights combined. UI of one and output like the fury.

The tk22 with the lossless OP reflector does look like a winner. My suggestion is get it and sell the one you don't want on the CPFMP ;)

SimulatedZero

Enlightened

I suspect that the TK22 isn't going to be all that different from the Fury. The Fury has a TIR optic instead of a reflector so the beam pattern will be completely different, but that's about it. I do prefer the UI of the TK22 as a work light and the beam is absolutely beautiful with that OP reflector. To be quite honest, the TK22 has topped my list as my all time favorite flashlight. I would say get it just to have as a mule/work light, it really is great.

drew78

Newly Enlightened

Hm, so it does. I could've sworn I read somewhere that it was a TIR optic. Oh well.

It seems that I have read somewhere that they "may" be coming out with a TIR Fury. Cant remember where I read that though....

So it sounds like the throw and beam are about the same between the TK22 and the Fury?

Not to open a can of worms here, but do you see one of these being perhaps a bit more robust in design?

I ask as the Fury, while well built seems to differ from some of my older SF LED's in terms of its overall construction. This is subjective and in no way a put down on the X line of SF. The TK seems to be REALLY well put together. Any merit to my gut feelings between these two?

Thanks again to all!

Drew

SimulatedZero

Enlightened

It seems that I have read somewhere that they "may" be coming out with a TIR Fury. Cant remember where I read that though....

So it sounds like the throw and beam are about the same between the TK22 and the Fury?

Not to open a can of worms here, but do you see one of these being perhaps a bit more robust in design?

I ask as the Fury, while well built seems to differ from some of my older SF LED's in terms of its overall construction. This is subjective and in no way a put down on the X line of SF. The TK seems to be REALLY well put together. Any merit to my gut feelings between these two?

Thanks again to all!

Drew

Um, I used an old TK15 as my duty light for about a year and a half with no problems and I dropped that thing all the time. It's fallen two stories to a concrete side walk, it's been dropped down a couple flights of concrete stairs, I don't know even know how many times I dropped it from lap height getting out of the car, I've used it as an impromptu hammer, a weapon light, it's been kicked across the ground a couple times, I've dropped it while sprinting, I've dropped it while going about 20 mph on a bicycle. Just all kinds of stuff. I have full faith that my TK22 is every bit as tough if not tougher. When I got this light out of the box I thought "Damn, Fenix is really stepping up there quality". All this isn't to say that it will be tougher or nicer than the Fury, it's just to say that it will be a tough light with a great feel. I suspect that the Fury will still be some what tougher and may have an even nicer finish, but the TK22 is a nice light. I guess you would just have to compare them side by side to see. Maybe some one could do a torture test and see which one lasts longer.

Kokopelli

Enlightened
Wow! This last comment will definitely make me buy another Fenix. So about the UI, everybody seems to be quite comfortable with it, right? Since it is that common, "a FW clicky power button and another one for modes" light of Fenix's.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Wow! This last comment will definitely make me buy another Fenix. So about the UI, everybody seems to be quite comfortable with it, right? Since it is that common, "a FW clicky power button and another one for modes" light of Fenix's.

I like it well enough. There are perhaps other UI's that are better for EDC lights, but the side button is fine for what I use my light for. 99% percent of the time I only use Turbo mode and nothing else. So having the momentary clicky that doesn't change modes is nice because I don't have to cycle through anything turning the light on and off. Though, I still have the option of other modes if I want them. It's not the best UI out there, but it works fine.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys!!! I m finally back. Ive been away for while on vacation in a place that internet connection is damn hard to find:) sorry for that.
About tk22 switch i wish it was like Klarus lights(dual back switch) or like tk35. It would keep it more tactical for me and just for being able to change the switch(your self)in case a malfunction happens i think it makes the whole difference although HKequipment seller sold thousands of (tk15, ld22, tk21 and now tk22) and never had a problem with the side switch so far. Even though my tk22 is on its way to me now , hehe im crazy to compare it to my ET g25c2 :)

Cheers :)

Last edited:

TK41

Newly Enlightened
Just picked this light up. I like it. The beam is really great with the orange peel reflector, very smooth and large. Comparing it to my TK41, this TK22 lights up a larger general area, but at the cost of distance. Don't get me wrong, the TK22 is very throwy still, even on low mode...I was impressed.

The only thing is my mode button is messed up. It's not consistent and doesn't switch every time it clicks. Back to the store it goes :(

Grizzlyb

Enlightened

Quick question, the TK-22 has caught my eye....but, I already have a SF Fury

That would not be a hard choise.
The TK22 should be the better thrower, (larger head, 1.37 to 1.57) has a wider beam, will take 18650 and cr123 and cost less.
Personaly I don't like the side switch of the TK22. In that regard the Fury is more tactical.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened

Hi guys! I was able to take some beamshots of the FENIX TK22 compared with the Eagletac G25C2 MKII.

Both side by side (ignore the sc52,lol)
tamanho.jpg

Here you are able to see how thicker the TK22 is compared to the G25C2MKII.
grossura.jpg

Here is the TK22 on turbo (1/1250 F4.0) sorry for the camera lens reflection.
tk22turbo.jpg

Here is the G25C2MKII on turbo (1/1250 F4.0)
g25c2mkiiparede.jpg

Both on turbo(obviously the G25C2 MKII is brigther and also whiter)
TK22VsG25C2MKII.jpg

Here is the buylding in front of my house 75 yards(around 70 meters) from me(control)
control.jpg

Here is the TK22 ( a little bit greenish tint)
tk22predioturbo.jpg

And here is the G25C2 MKII.
g25c2mkiipredio.jpg

I know these flashlights are hard to be compared since they have different tints and reflectors. The TK22 has what they call Lossless orange-peel reflector and the G25C2MKII has a smooth reflector(also deeper making the beam narrower). I also have the G25C2 (first version) and i didnt think it was necessary to compare, only if you guys ask to :) I like both flashlights...i like the UI and the brightness of the G25C2 MKII better and thats the only reason i intent to keep it instead of the TK22 that seems/feels much stronger (bezel thickness and tail squared threads and so on)...Hope you guys enjoy my first beamshots and hope ive done it right, camera settings...

:)

Last edited:

topgun.ua

Newly Enlightened

Thank You so much for such a comparison!!! I'm just trying to choose one of those extremly good flashligths. Eagletac is brighter and throws better, so that could be nice for my needs (hiking, fishing) but what I'm not sure of is a stepdown after 200 sec. to max mode, not really low Low Mode and, as they say, prefash feature while switching on low mode everytime. TK22 is cheaper a bit, has more usable modes IMHO and no preflash "feature" on basic modes as G25C2 MII does.
What would You recommend me for not EDC, but hiking, fishing, walking around, seaside etc.?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast

For walking around and seaside I'd just carry a smaller light though it always depends on what you mean by walking and around and seaside. In any case, for more casual use I think the TK22 UI, though not my favorite, maybe is easier to use.

If you go fishing and hiking far out in the woods, I'd bring two lights anyway, if for anything to have a back-up. In that case, I'd go for a D25LC clicky + a GC25C2 or a PD32 + TK22 would be a good combination. The smaller light would be for general use when you don't need a lot of light or you don't need a medium high levels for longer times. If throw matters for you the G25C2 might be the right light for you, just check runtimes and UI as well to be sure they offer what you are looking for.

topgun.ua

Newly Enlightened

For walking around and seaside I'd just carry a smaller light though it always depends on what you mean by walking and around and seaside. In any case, for more casual use I think the TK22 UI, though not my favorite, maybe is easier to use.

If you go fishing and hiking far out in the woods, I'd bring two lights anyway, if for anything to have a back-up. In that case, I'd go for a D25LC clicky + a GC25C2 or a PD32 + TK22 would be a good combination. The smaller light would be for general use when you don't need a lot of light or you don't need a medium high levels for longer times. If throw matters for you the G25C2 might be the right light for you, just check runtimes and UI as well to be sure they offer what you are looking for.

Thanks for Your answer again!
I have already HL21 for my handsfree needs and also an old but lovely Fenix LD20 Q5, so I'm wondering which combination of flashlights would be better for me among those mentioned above:thinking:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you already have a HL21 and LD20 Q5 I don't think you need to get a PD32 or any similar light.

Whether you get G25C2 or TK22 doesn't matter, just choose the one that best meets UI/runtimes/throw/brightness/size needs.

I have neither light so I cannot really speak in favor of one or another. Hope somebody who owns both will give you their personal opinion.

topgun.ua

Newly Enlightened

Whether you get G25C2 or TK22 doesn't matter, just choose the one that best meets UI/runtimes/throw/brightness/size needs.
I have neither light so I cannot really speak in favor of one or another. Hope somebody who owns both will give you their personal opinion.

Well, ieslei has both!

That's is actually a problem, just can't make a choise between those two. I like the throw and brightness of G25C2 MII but TK22 is solid too having better built quality, modes/runtimes.
Can't say anything about UI and the size is pretty comparable:thinking:

NorthernStar

Enlightened

Great comparison pics,ieslei! :)

What suprise me a little however is that the TK22 looks to have a greenish tint at the turbo mode. When seeing other photos and videos i have not seen any signs of greenish tint in any of them. It´s hard to tell by judging it from a photo,but when looking at the comparison pic of the G25C2MKII,the TK22 do looks like it has a greenish tint. Is it just an optical illusion or does your sample of the TK22 have a protruding greenish tint?:thinking: