*new* Fenix TK51

Patriot

Flashaholic
@patriot. have you tried how many minutes before stepping down of the turbo to high mode for the primary beam only?:tinfoil:

Yeah guys, 5-10 minutes depending on ambient. This is all demo'd in my video.

spankone

Enlightened
Mine lasted around 30 mins. At around 28*c and steeped down at 38*c and it felt tepid, barely warm. But it's quiet versatile, I wonder if it would benefit from a tripod mount to make it even more useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spankone

Enlightened
I was wondering if the light would work better if you could programme the main button to remember individual settings.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I was wondering if the light would work better if you could programme the main button to remember individual settings.

For me it would probably be useless UI candy, but I like to keep it simple. Other than the thermal properties, I think the light is nearly perfect. I tried to use it for a project the other night and it kept stepping down. It's pretty bad that I had to turn to my TM26 to get the job done but the PD35 probably would have worked as well.

spankone

Enlightened
ok so I've finished my review, not as good as patriot's but I'll get there. I certainly agree with him though. Its a great light with just a few small flaws.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I want to know what the main led will be. At 1800 lumens if the smaller led is an xp-g2 putting out 400-500 lumens could an xm-l2 in the main led get up to 1300-1400 lumens output? Or could this be using a different main led?
The XM-L2 version of the Eagtac SX25L3 (new name for Eagletac) is rated at over 1500 lumens. I compared it to my Fenix TK-35 and a similar light from Rofis. The Eagtac was significantly brighter and threw further.

Brightnorm

Last edited:

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Hahhaha using it as a hammer to hit the brick is awsome hahahaha

Sent from my GT-I8190L using Tapatalk 4

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am dealing with photo and video production and I am a skeptic. I never really trusted torture tests from manufacturers, especially when they have many lights in their inventory for replacements.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I am dealing with photo and video production and I am a skeptic. I never really trusted torture tests from manufacturers, especially when they have many lights in their inventory for replacements.

It's certainly more reassuring when stuff like this comes from an independent. It's great entertainment for a light junkie though! :)

spankone

Enlightened
2uqyrany.jpg

6y5ube2u.jpg

Play in the fog really shows of the tk51 beam.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Fenix says the beam angle on the TK75 is "over 80 degrees."
What about the angle on the TK51?
I have a TK22 with the orange peel flood lens and it is fantastic -- anyone know that angle, so I can compare the floodiness?

I wish all specs would include the beam angle.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had my TK51 for a month now and it is freakinig fantastic! Mine barely gets warm and only steps down after over 30 min on full blast. Both beams are quality through and through both beams is one impressive wall of light that I have to be careful with around the neighborhood at night dont want to startle anyone. The throw beam is clear and crisp and lights everything very well to the limit of my clear vision. The flood is so good that on high it has its own hot spot and actually throws a bit itself. Both beams on high light up over 70% of my over half an acre yard. Wish it came with a holster though

uprightbassmatt

Newly Enlightened
Hello all flashaholics :)
What do you think about my dilemma. I already own a TK75 2600 lumens. I love it however sometimes need more light :) and especially surrounding light with spill and flood, more throw would be handy as well. I'm impressed with this TK51 review by Patriot36 on youtube and his photos here as well but wondering isn't better to go crazy and buy the second gen of TK75 with intensity nearly 120000cd and a bit cooler light temperature? This flashlight (TK75 gen 1) is great all-rounder so maybe the second gen is worth of trying as a combo or maybe TK51 is a better choice and less expensive to use it at once with TK75? One is for sure though. Second flashlight will be Fenix too. TK75 has slightly advantage over TK51 in terms of build quality (buttons), right? and what about beam angle in Tk51 in compasrison to over 80 degrees in Tk75.
My recent video with TK75 is here so look at it if you want to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jMgu3o1iD0

I also noticed small problems with my TK75. I hope nothing serious but some glue is visible in reflector and a few tiny bubbles are visible as well. Have some photos and will put them in right subject:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?368205-Original-TK-75-VS-New-TK-75/page5

Besides that my Fenix is the best light I could imagine. I have it over 1,5 year now.

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about the "quality" of the buttons. They are both digital switches I think on both lights. Just some Fenix lights use rubber coverings and some hard coverings.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
"I have a TK22 with the orange peel flood lens and it is fantastic -- anyone know that angle, so I can compare the floodiness?"

Ditto. Wish there was a list of lights sorted by beam angle.

feifei

Banned
"I have a TK22 with the orange peel flood lens and it is fantastic -- anyone know that angle, so I can compare the floodiness?"

Ditto. Wish there was a list of lights sorted by beam angle.

It seems that flood light is not its strenth,but TK51 has both flood and spot beam.