New GREEN LED traffic signals way too bright?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John N:
Well, I think the light I was thinking about is at 5th and Cherry<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have to check it out the next time I have a "lunch hour" to burn, or business to conduct in that region. Maybe when they blow up the library.
smile.gif

If the signal is newer and the color is "different" it could very well be an LED installation.
Gives me an excuse to clog up the internet with more bandwidth-wasting pictures.
wink.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Green led's in Alabama. Never thought to see them here but lo and behold(or gaoooolllllleee) the city of Vestavia Hills(B'ham suburb) converted. Had to detour there, demolition derby on the interstate. IMHO, overall it's nice. Way to bright when sitting on the starting line or going under them. My guess is the focus is to narrow. Does get your attention when it turns green. Welcome to the 21st century Alabama.
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John N:
Well, I think the light I was thinking about is at 5th and Cherry<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was at the post office yesterday, and while waiting for the light at 3rd and Union, I noticed the red ball has been changed over to LEDs. But all of the other traffic control devices in that intersection still have regular old light bulbs in them.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ii too have noticed the new lights here in San Diego, California. I was sooooo excited noticing them after gaining some knoledge here in CPF. I pointed them out to just about everyone i met and my brother too. But guess what there response was...."who cares?"

I think everyone should care as much as i do. These things do wonders, especially in mid day when the sun reaches a point exactly above the street lights so that you are blinded. These things can still be seen - better than the original reflector types. They also help at night when a big truck is blocking em, becuase the intense light output can be seen reflecting off of adjacent cars. All that, and LEDs are SOOOOooo cool - but i don't think they would care about that unless they were an addict like me.
wink.gif
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Craig -

If I could figure out how to get up there in my EV1, I could offer a line to you. I've got about 1500 Amp hours onboard (and 312 Volts). Be tough to keep the front wheels on the ground then!