New Inova T2 design?

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
That ain't the only Fake Inova I seen. Let your fingers do the typing and serch the Web. Not hard to find. Seen them as cheap as $5

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
But is it a fake? Where have you seen a fake with a tiros? Does it have HA (try scratching the inside of the battery tube)? Are the grip/knurls different size between the body and the tail like on a real inova? Does the rubber clickie have the emissive brand?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kinda hard to tell with a photo - you'd have to get whoever bought one of those to test it. That doesn't have to be a real TIROS either, possibly being a Fresnel lens with some plastic to act as a light tube for the LED - though I wouldn't rule out the possibility that part of the optic got copied if the design was stolen from Inova. Still, I've seen Polo shirts and the like in Hong Kong which look exactly like the real thing, so I wouldn't be at ALL surprised if that's a fake, especially if it's only $18 USD.

Thertel

Newly Enlightened
It is real. I saw that exact package at the local Post Exchange about 2 weeks ago. I stared at it for awhile but now I may have to swing back by and grab one.

Wrangler

Enlightened
Some weeks ago we had a kind of German CPF meeting and Peter pbarrette had this Inova light with him.
First I thought it was a T3 because I owned a T3 and this one looked similar, may be a little smaller. Peter told me that it`s in fact a T2. Never saw this style T2 before. When I handled it, it was build as solid as any Inova light I own and owned. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
May be Peter can get me one!? Or two?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers,
Wolfgang

ChrisA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
That still seems inexspensive for an Inova. Chris A have you seen these lights in person?

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree ! i think it may well be a knock off since the X1 and X5 usually run at around 30 EUR here, being the 'cheapest' to get inovas... but i've never seen the light in person, so i can't really comment on wether it's genuine or fake.

@pbarrette - where did you get the light ? i live close to wiesbaden and have a decent dslr, so i may take some close up pictures if i can find it.

chris

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I am still having trouble believing that Inova is releasing lights at this price point. I think this is a fairly well executed copy.

Here is what does not add up for me:

The packaging isn't quite right.
The 32 lumen claim (not near as powerful as a T2 or T3)
The price is too inexspensive

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I went ahead and emailed the pic to Inova. I kind of doubt they will take the time to reply but it is worth a try.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Inova T2 design?....new info?

Inova customer service is pretty good.
You can give them a call and explain things. Then re e mail the pic and while on the phone and get an answer.

When I called with questions on the T4 they were really nice.

My wholesale catalog lists 2 versions of the T1
one is a 1.5w
the other is a 2w

Each has a different stock number

Evidently there are newer variations on the T series.

Of course I'm going to have to get both just for the heck of it.

I'm going to have to call Inova next week and see what's going on.

Lambert

Newly Enlightened

If this is genuine then I'm betting it's basically a T3 with the 1W or 1.5W Luxeon I. However I doubt it would be geniune at $18 considering an X0 is more than $18. If it's real then $18 would be a bargain.

matthewdanger

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
madecov said:

My wholesale catalog lists 2 versions of the T1
one is a 1.5w
the other is a 2w

Each has a different stock number

Evidently there are newer variations on the T series.

Of course I'm going to have to get both just for the heck of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you have my attention! I'll be very interested to hear about this second version of the T1 when you get them in.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
From the horse\'s mouth!

I recieved this email from Inova this morning:
[ QUOTE ]
Matthew,

Thank you for the inquiry about our products and I apologize for the delay
in getting back to you as it took some time for this email to reach me.

The attached image that you sent (INOVA® Tactical 2) is indeed a genuine
INOVA® product. It was sold through a specific channel and was not made
available to the general public. As you noted, the packaging is different
from the T Series but it does resemble the packaging of our X Series lights.

The INOVA® Tactical 2 is a one watt LED that was placed into the INOVA® T3
body. The tail cap switch mirrors the X Series in operation as there is no
click switch but press for momentary and turn clockwise for constant on.

The INOVA® Tactical was placed into the T3 body and the 29mm TIROS® to
achieve further throw while still keeping run times above 4 hours.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

--
Matthew S. Wolfe
Emissive Energy Corp.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I need one of these! Anybody have access to a few of them? QuickBeam? Chris A? Anyone?

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: From the horse\'s mouth!

Good job Matthew-

I wonder what the "specific channel" is.

pb bought his in a store in Germany where they had several. Possibly a Europe only export? At under $20 US this would be a very appealing light. Even with shipping it would cost less than my standard T1.

Maybe some additional poking around by some of our CPFr's over there will find more info.

Mark

matthewdanger

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Flash_Gordon said:
Good job Matthew-

I wonder what the "specific channel" is.

pb bought his in a store in Germany where they had several. Possibly a Europe only export? At under $20 US this would be a very appealing light. Even with shipping it would cost less than my standard T1.

Maybe some additional poking around by some of our CPFr's over there will find more info.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing Flash, or I wonder if it was a military PX or something. Could Inova be providing low cost, long running lights to our troops? Hmmm... I wonder why they wouldn't want to roll out such a light here in the U.S.

Anyway, I want one.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now that's pretty cool. (smirk) Here's hoping they have a stash in the back that they haven't put out yet.

matthewdanger

Enlightened

I wonder if there are any other Inovas in the "Tactical" line that have not been released here.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Holy crap - I consider myself corrected. Inova's making its OWN knockoffs now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I wonder if they're in any of the PX's Stateside?

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get the same output from my T1, just not the run time. I don't see the benefit of this light. Besides the price, that is an excellent price. I think I'll stick with my T1 and T3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades