New Inova T2 design?

Lambert

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Mathew, hehe I was right afterall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway this light is a bargin. It's cheaper than a X0 but has better throw.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Yup Lambert, I'm glad you were right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades this light will run quite a bit longer than either your T1 or T3 and it will out throw your T1. It sounds like a winner to me!

Wrangler

Enlightened
As Peter (pbarrette) told me, he got his T2 in a PX store.
May be you can still find some more in your Px`s!?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deanster

Enlightened
Veeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyy interesting!

T1 light for 4+ hours! That sounds like a perfect recipie for someone who's actually USING the light as a duty light. We all like the super-bright, flashy stuff, but in real-world use, especially if 123's are hard to come by, a somewhat dimmer light that runs several hours in regulation can be a real winner. I'd say that one of these lights would be just about perfect for our troops - near indestructible (though I assume no HAIII at that price point), decent light, long runtime, big enough to not loose, true momentary-on tailcap, and all at $18.

Seems like a HUGE winner of a product to me, even if our flashaholic bretheren scoff at the brightness.

pbarrette

Enlightened
Hi all,

Sorry for not responding to this sooner. I tend to lose track of the LED forum area because of the large number of new posts.

I purchased this light for ~$15.00 US in the American PX here in Wiesbaden. So that's fifteen greenbacks, not Euros or Deutschmarks.

That being said, I visit the flashlight section fairly regularly and as soon as I saw it, I bought it. I recently decided to pick up a few more, but the price was changed to ~$45 USD. I can only guess that the $15 I paid was a mistake in the store which has now been corrected.

I'm guessing that the "special channel" that Inova was referring to is probably military sales. The light was definitely a steal at $15, but I don't plan on buying any more at the $45 price.

pb

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pbarrette said:
I purchased this light for ~$15.00 US in the American PX here in Wiesbaden. So that's fifteen greenbacks, not Euros or Deutschmarks.

That being said, I visit the flashlight section fairly regularly and as soon as I saw it, I bought it. I recently decided to pick up a few more, but the price was changed to ~$45 USD. I can only guess that the $15 I paid was a mistake in the store which has now been corrected.

I'm guessing that the "special channel" that Inova was referring to is probably military sales. The light was definitely a steal at $15, but I don't plan on buying any more at the $45 price.

pb

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's not really a knockoff then, if it's selling for $45 US - still an okay price, but not the 'cheaper than borscht in Ukraine' type of value. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good thing you struck when you could, but it's a shame you didn't pick up more at the lower price.