*New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I think a couple of these are going to become our new house lights. I'm tired of being blinded by a JETBeam BC40 on high at 3 AM when my wife is looking around in the bedroom for something. At least I can default the RS11 to low when I am done using it. :D

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it looks great for a non flashaholic (will appeal to flashaholics too) who is after a high end torch without getting into buying battery chargers and other clutter.

Norm

same thing I was thinking.

also is the upgraded strike bezel available by itself? I'd love to see how it looks on my XT11

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly Overclocker....from what I have seen from Klarus about this light there is nothing inductive about it....it is simply an electrical connector that is held in place by a magnet which is of course completely different from an inductive charging system...which actually cannot operate properly with a magnet around.

Alphax45

Newly Enlightened
I am so lusting after this light. I admit, I'm a tacti-cool collector; love any light with light with high lumen and striker.

timo54321

Newly Enlightened
I've had my Klarus RS11 for a few days now. So far I absolutely love it. I use it for EDC and so far no problems. I had been carrying a Zebralight sc600. I was a little nervous about the size of the rs11 but I'm already used to it and don't foresee it being a problem. I love the UI and I like the fact that even after being on full bright for a while it still remains relatively cool.

Beckler

Enlightened
This is a very interesting light. I would like to see it with infinitely adjustable brightness option, however. And I think in many situations, the dual button interface might be better than a ring. While fun, a control ring isn't really secure because once turned on, you then have to be careful how you handle the light otherwise you risk moving the ring. I don't like that "fragility" aspect. I think flashlight UI's are still very simplistic and need much more work and thought. The common pressing, holding, double clicking, soft pressing, etc.--it all works, but it's all cumbersome and there have to be better ways.

I like this Klarus (and Fenix too) 2-button idea, but 3 buttons might be the sweet spot. Buttons plus a control ring might be a solution too--you can choose to require a button press to "unlock" the soft (i.e. continuously rotating) ring. Anyway there are lots of possibilities but the rear clicky or tight/loose head that you see on every light, is actually pretty bad except maybe for some tactical applications--but 95% of buyers/readers here don't belong to that group, except in their minds. :D

Alphax45

Newly Enlightened
  • Negatives
    • I'm not a huge fan of the interface. It's not terrible; but I find the button just doesn't feel right, and I end up in the wrong mode.
    • Switch can be very easily inadvertently pushed, even while in the holder.
  • Positives
    • 18700 batteries fit with no issues
    • Solid, well built construction

Overall; not a bad light, but an update to the interface and switch could make it great.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Hello.
I have Klarus XT11 and RS11.The RS11 is heavier and bigger but I use it more just because of its easier pressing the buttons.RS11 is not tactical as XT11 because the best place for a switch of a tactical flashlight is the tail of the flashlight.But I feel the switch of RS11 more precise and comfortable for every day use.Once I had to do quickly two short momentary blinks for signal with XT11 but because of the harder pressing the buttons I can't press momentary precise enough and I switched to constant-It wasn't good in the situation :ohgeez:.
RS11 is perfect for using momentary and can be used momentary for all 3 light levels.
The only not very comfortable thing is the time for memory mode.3 seconds is too long and you need to remember it if you don't want to have a problems with UI.
I avoid accidentally switching the flashlight in the holster as I stick it with the buttons to the corner of the holster and I don't have problems.
Just remember a few specific things about RS11 and you will be very happy with the flashlight.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 seconds for mode change is waaaay too long. Also, while many other manufacturers are understanding the market by hiding the strobe mode which only a few actually use at all, this light makes strobe way too easy to inadvertently activate. Making better use of the dual buttons without dedicating one button just for strobe (which is just too unusual for me) would make this light much much better. But as it stands now with one button dedicated just for strobe, no way. The UI on this light really needs to change.

The recharger port, however, seems good. Just change it to a higher-amperage recharger by making it to plug into a regular wall socket. The USB is too low an amperage source.

Last edited:

FlashLion

Enlightened
3 seconds for mode change is waaaay too long. Also, while many other manufacturers are understanding the market by hiding the strobe mode which only a few actually use at all, this light makes strobe way too easy to inadvertently activate. Making better use of the dual buttons without dedicating one button just for strobe (which is just too unusual for me) would make this light much much better. But as it stands now with one button dedicated just for strobe, no way. The UI on this light really needs to change.

The recharger port, however, seems good. Just change it to a higher-amperage recharger by making it to plug into a regular wall socket. The USB is too low an amperage source.
It's not so easy to inadvertently hit the strobe switch.Never happened to me.
Using low voltage always is more safe.AC/DC converter can't fit in the tail cap.USB charging is the most used in electronic devices.
There are USB for higher amperage,but not all users have such.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlion - thanks for your answers.

Do you prefer the dedicated strobe button as-is or would you prefer both buttons to perform various multiple functions or.....? If you had your choice, what would each button do?

FlashLion

Enlightened
flashlion - thanks for your answers.

Do you prefer the dedicated strobe button as-is or would you prefer both buttons to perform various multiple functions or.....? If you had your choice, what would each button do?
I like it as is.When I grab the flashlight the main button is always under my finger.I never hit the strobe button inadvertently-it is lower and shorter and is harder to press it.
One thing I don't like so much is the 3 sec time for remembering the last used mode.
The main button for ON/OFF and the second for changing mode is good variant,but we can't change the UI and I enjoy it such as it is.I like to use the strobe even for fun.:)

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to use the strobe even for fun.:)

LOL!

Even if the AC/DC converter can't fit into the tailcap, can't the AC/DC converter be made an integral part of the external (recharger cable/USB plug) rather than an integral part of the tailcap? Thanks

Last edited:

FlashLion

Enlightened
LOL!

Even if the AC/DC converter can't fit into the tailcap, can't the AC/DC converter be made an integral part of the external (recharger cable/USB plug) rather than an integral part of the tailcap? Thanks
:) All is possible.
Just,using the USB port is easier and safer,and we charge cellphones,music players,digital cameras from USB.It's convenient.