• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New LOGAN LED flashlight

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Curt stated in his first post that the #8 would be a buck/boost supplying 1 amp to the LED, so we can assume that the other numbers are not buck/boost. The implication re #8 is that it will deliver that 1 amp to the LED with either a CR123 or RCR123. It is looking like the #8 has a voltage regulated circuit, and not CC buck/boost.

Bill

busseguy

Enlightened
Anyone know of any other place that sells the Logan level 8?.
I just talked to Bob peaks main seller but he's charging $12.00 to $14.00 dollars to ship the light.
I think that's rediculous.
USPS priority mail is only $4.95 total.
So does anyone know of a cheaper dealer?.
Thanks in advance.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
no disrespect intended- but the extra $7 is worth every penny to me as Bob will a lot of times ship that day if you catch him early in the morning and I know I will get my purchase faster. Awaiting order now....but I went with the #7- really like the Eiger #8's - 1 SS, 1 HA- just want to try something diff. for maybe a longer runtime- #6 has gotten decent feedback also on primary 123's. If you are looking for HA- one is sure to hit the CPF marketplace sooner or later.

busseguy

Enlightened
I just recieved my peak Logan level 8 today.
Pretty cool, but when did they stop writing peak led solutions on them?.
The only thing on mine is the number 8 on the bottom of the head.

I'm also excited to see that they offer a lifetime warranty on there lights instead of one year.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Logan looks great!

Sorry I haven't noticed these pictures here before!

Just got off the phone to Robyn, I have a Logan head and a double CR123A body on its way ( The other head is a coloured McKinley ). Time to put my old CPF special Lux III Rainier to shame with the newest brightest Peak. Can't wait! Pics when it gets here are the order of the day.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in how it compares to the CPF special Lux III Rainier, which is still my favorite Peak light.

Well, according to Robyn, it beats the "schnookles" out of it with an RCR123A.

Can't wait, especially as the old CPF special is still one of the best throwers in an EDC form I have - it's in my jacket as we speak.

How many of the CPF Rainiers were made? Haven't seen one up on BST for a good while. I must have bought mine about three or four years ago from another member.

busseguy

Enlightened
When I talked to curt the about the level 8 Logan he said it would get an hour and a half.
I got maybe 45 minutes before it started flickering.
So I'm quite dissapointed in that.

Another thing I noticed is it can only go about 2 and a half minutes before getting hot.
If I ignore the heat and keep using it for awhile longer will it ruin the led?.

Thanks in advance

easilyled

Flashaholic
When I talked to curt the about the level 8 Logan he said it would get an hour and a half.
I got maybe 45 minutes before it started flickering.
So I'm quite dissapointed in that.

Another thing I noticed is it can only go about 2 and a half minutes before getting hot.
If I ignore the heat and keep using it for awhile longer will it ruin the led?.

Thanks in advance

It will probably get an hour and a half on a CR123 (ie. non-li-ion) and it won't get nearly as hot.

100 lumens for CR123 with much longer runtime and not much heat.

300 lumens for RCR123 as according to your findings above.

busseguy

Enlightened
Okay that makes sense.
I didn't think about it that way.
LoL.

It's a good thing that I have 4 AW RCR123's.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
I was going to suggest primaries to eliminate the heat issue and enhance the run time also. The only Li-Ion I am use currently is single AW 18650 IMR's in my older Peak Night Patrol. No heat issues whatsoever as the HA is a great conductor and the Heatsinking is excellent on mine- only pushing a SSC P4. Runtime is VERY long.:popcorn:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the LED is driven at 1 amp, and the driver needs to boost the primary 3volt cell, then I would think 45 minutes of runtime on a good primary lithium cell before dropping is about as expected. Not a whole lot of runtime on a #8. A rechargable will be even less. IMO - this is just too short a runtime for a light. I would at most go for a #6 or even a #4 if that was offered.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I WANT this light. C'mon payday! I think I will get a pushbutton #6. Someone here at CPF said they talked to Curt and their is a multimode switch in the works available for this. I HOPE SO! PLEASE DON"T LET US DOWN PEAK! LOL.

Seriously a light like this needs a low mode....and hopefully the switch will allow the low mode to stay on without holding it down. Now to find out where I can get a number 6....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just want to add another question: Anyone have educated runtime guesses on each of the levels? Would like to see if I wan to a 6 or 7. If the regulation for level 7 is at least 1.5 hrs flat output I'll get that instead of a 6....

And are those output numbers at the emitter or OTF?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just those that maybe wanted the dimmer output/longer runtime of the primaries instead of the RCR123s, the LiFePO4 rechargeable 123s will do it. They function like CR123s in every way shape and form only they're rechargeable and run at 3.0v! I have some Tenergy ones from Battery Junction and a few from DX and they work great!

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm very interested in this light but feel frustrated that there are no beam shots. I can't make an intelligent choice without them.
it would be great if curt could explain the expected brightness (in lumens) with primary vs. Li ion cell like imr16340. I WANT the 300 lumens even if only for a few minutes at a time.