New Nitecore Superb Charger - SC4

tripplec

Enlightened
I have bought a number of chargers on eBay. No problem, but I do look at the seller carefully and no problems. There are few choices locally, few places even offer quality units for a lot of these selections. A battery selling site I guess would be another option if the price and shipping were acceptable. Amazon Canada is a total rip off for most stuff. Sellers are asking 3 to 6 time retail for may items and many sellers are shipping from the orient which caught me off guard one figuring I'd get the item in a couple of days.

Last edited:

Doko

Newly Enlightened
I just used two of my SC4s to charge up some newly-acquired IKEA LADDA LSD 2450 NiMh batteries that received positive comments; both, here, and on Flashlight Subreddit. They're supposed to be comparable to Eneloop Pros, but at a far more competitive price. As an added bonus, IKEA is only maybe ten minutes away from me; so - no waiting time, or shipping charges :)

wxSrwbh.jpg

Here is a review on the batteries, by HKJ:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...w-of-Ikea-Ladda-AA-2450mAh-(White)-703-038-76

Thanks for the LADDA 2450 suggestion !!! I picked up 8x from my local IKEA. What a great deal !!! Also, i noticed that you charged your 2450s on the default current which gave you only 1.4v full charge. You can change the current to 1A or more manually and will charge them up to 1.5v and give you more capacity this way. Keep in mind that they will warm up slightly this way. Cheers ;)

Last edited:

david57strat

Enlightened
Thanks for the LADDA 2450 suggestion !!! I picked up 8x from my local IKEA. What a great deal !!! Also, i noticed that you charged your 2450s on the default current which gave you only 1.4v full charge. You can change the current to 1A or more manually and will charge them up to 1.5v and give you more capacity this way. Keep in mind that they will warm up slightly this way. Cheers ;)

Thanks for the tip :)