**NEW** Nitecore TM26

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually need deep to get throw.
But reflectors do end up bring quite precise based on the exact dimensions of the light being emitted.

Alan.. Sent with Tapatalk 2

lumenjedi1

Newly Enlightened
We recently had a bomb threat @ one of our sites,so they had some security experts with bomb sniffing dogs&guns and such but they did not have a light worth a damn.they all liked the tm26,they also liked the bc40w.@ least the bomb threat is over things back 2 normal now sorry for any miss spells I use speech to text while I drive the site

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link...the comments are pretty funny. A bunch of people who don't have the light dissing it for various reasons, and claiming their $20 DX or Ebay knockoff light is just as good. Sure, it is expensive, but those of us who actually own it know that it is expensive because it is quality-built and feature laden (this is the one light that really can do almost every task). Just makes me appreciate CPF all over again...too many people are willing to throw out their opinion even when it has no basis in fact or even personal experience. Here, at least, I know I'm getting the real deal, reviews and comments from people who actually own what they review and can appreciate good design and craftsmanship.

lumenjedi1

Newly Enlightened
Well said 007. Read reviews from link those are the same people that would come try to get your supplies in a national disaster,cause their $20 costco light crapped out & the guy who said he could take 4 1000lm lights with rubber band should take off lights and put it around his neck.with a comment like that he does not use much oxygen to his brain anyway

Last edited:

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Usually need deep to get throw.
But reflectors do end up bring quite precise based on the exact dimensions of the light being emitted.

Its not the reflector that is deep. Its the fact that the lens itself is recessed rather deeply into the stainless steel bezel, which is not wide enough to let all of the spill beam out.

That aside, I compared it to my FF3. Throw is MUCH better at the FF3, but only after about 20 seconds. You really notice the switch-on delay if you have a direct comparison...

Spill is MUCH MUCH better on the TM26. Its narrower AND brighter. Which means it actually lights up the environemnt in the direction you are aiming at. With the FF3, the wide spill meant that you blind people walking on your side and that even if targeting stuff in the distance the spill ont he ground a couple m away will be too bright.

lumenjedi1

Newly Enlightened
I found a good temp diffuser.4 lite white water bottle caps I found two that fit on bezzle,also found little plastic screw top kind of like little jars

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have the FF3 and it's for sale.. I never use it. It's either overkill for in house or closeup jobs, or I appreciate the spill better with the tm26 for outdoors.
True the center cone has a hotspot on the FF3 that throws farther, but I dang near need binoculars to see that far anyway and don't need it.

They both are very compact but there's nothing like the instant on and not ever having to sweat a bulb going out.

But a deep reflector will always give more throw. The angled light that would have been spill progressively bounces at wider and wider angles as it bounces down the reflector towards the bezel.
If the reflector were long enough, you would get a sort of laser minus the efficiency loss for so many bounces in the reflector.

riccardo

Enlightened
Any chance that they will come out with a NW or WW version?
I pretty much like this flashlight but I hate CW...
I've checked several review and in comparison to the TM26 it seems tat he TK75 is having a much better tint.

picrthis

Enlightened
Same light now with a case & batteries that it should have come with in the first place considering what the MAP is on that light, let me guess the MAP on this package has jumped $200 :shrug:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance that they will come out with a NW or WW version?
I pretty much like this flashlight but I hate CW...
I've checked several review and in comparison to the TM26 it seems tat he TK75 is having a much better tint.
I don't remember in which TM26 thread or who posted it, but, they e-mail Nitecore and ask this question and got a response saying that they had no plans to do a NW version at this time. :(

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
Just curious, where are you guys ordering your TM26's from? Any what is the normal price to pay for these? From what I've gathered, the average price I've seen is ~$350.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Fastech is about $240.00 i think. Heard there was a spot for about $220 but not sure where

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
Fastech is about $240.00 i think. Heard there was a spot for about $220 but not sure where

Ohh. Awesome info! Yeah, it's $240 on fastech w/ the BLF coupon... is there a CPF coupon code? I can't check in the marketplace, because it's down. :(

Is fastech a reliable seller? I've had a Nitecore EA4 sitting in my cart for the past few days, but haven't pulled the trigger, because I don't know anything about them.

Another question- Does anyone use the Fenix ARB-L2 18650's in this light? I'm curious if they'd have any issues fitting.

Last edited:

Ragnar66

Enlightened
I got a bunch of stuff from them. Great service. Real product. Awesome.....lots of codes on the net....just dig em up and try to pile em on....

picrthis

Enlightened
I don't remember in which TM26 thread or who posted it, but, they e-mail Nitecore and ask this question and got a response saying that they had no plans to do a NW version at this time. :(
Yes I orginally posted that.....it's true :ironic: