• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New product ** Tank Light ** Feeler Interest/Info

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for one, but I don't like the I'm Alive function. I hope its an unnoticable flash during the day while roomlights are on.

Flashlight Enthusiast
at 10mA you shouldn't know it's even on constant.

But I think I would be interested depending on pricing, what about using a modified down boy circuit that pumps out much less current.

Barefootone

Enlightened
Hey Wayne,
Nice to see your Tank light coming into being :thumbsup: . I remember our conversation about it. I wish you all the best with it and I might be interested depending on the price.
Jeff

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick update. I'm starting a run of the 123 version and the AA version. The 4AA version is delayed due to a board screw up on my part and I need to re-order the raw boards.

tank_light_dual.jpg

Here's a picture of the two side by side.

I will be making these available in April time frame.

Tentative pricing will be:

1 for $85.00 ea
2 for $75.00 ea
3+ $65.00 ea

This price includes NRE and is not indicative of the product cost + labor to assemble it.

Disclaimer: While I make the best attempt at glueing and assembly I'm not absolutely perfect. There could be minor cosmetic blemishes, slight mis-alignments of objects.

Final color for the top may not be what is presented above. I do not plan on offering different colors at the moment and that will change over time as I figure out how to make the product SKU with colors on the shoppe and take care of the logistical nature of stock and inventory.

The price is for either unit. You could buy two one 4AA version and one 3X123 version for the two piece pricing.

I will be offering the 123 sooner than the 4AA. If you want a mix of AA and 123 then you should wait till both products are available.

if you only want the 123 version then you buy sooner.

Looking at the picture the 123 configuration as shown in the picture counting from left to right battery 1, battery 2, battery 3.

You only need to load Battery 1 and battery 3. The center one is not needed and the two outter batteries are there for weight stability.

For the 4AA counting again from left to right 1, 2, 3, 4. You only need to load 1,2,3 for a minimum configuration. Four AA cells is just as good as three cells.

Hope this makes sense.

-Wayne

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I guess Wayne chose Madamag and me as field testers as I found one in my mail box last week and we both brought them to the big SoCal get-together Saturday night. :D I hope he chimes in with how long his has been on the first set of cells. Mine has the brightest piece of fluorescent acrylic I've ever seen for a top. Can I hotlink an Image Shack pic and rip-off Modamag? :D
dsc05747tk7.jpg

The reason mine's off is I have the sensitivity set maximum numb, and it wasn't dark enough yet. I have deployed it as a nite light for my bathroom. (I also brought the other tank light to the party. :D )

Larry

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I missed this thread but hopefully haven't missed the boat or tank as it were. I am in for one but I want my barrel shorter than Larry's if posible. :nana:

Rookwood

Newly Enlightened
This looks interesting - I have a couple of questions:

- Since you mention the turret can be flat or domed, is the gun barrel mainly decorative?

- Would you possibly consider offering the electronics without the plastic body and battery holders?

Thanks, and nice work!

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cannon barrel is strickly decoration and cool the light shines out the end when it lights up.

The initial offering will be a fixed configuration, flat turret, 20mm cannon, light blue top and clear frame under the top.

A few Tank Lights in formation getting ready to move out. Three AA Tank Lights leading the way.
tl_formation.jpg

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
WAVE_PARTICLE said:
What are the physical dimensions of these Tanks?

I am interested in buying two!

Tank you very much!

:thumbsup: WP

If you want to get a gauge of the size of the two Tank Lights you can lay three 123's side by side and that will be the approximate size of the 123 Tank Light. The AA version is four AA side by side.

The dimensions are:

4AA Tank Light - 2.785" X 2.25"

3,123 Tank Light - 2.3" X 1.75"

The Turret is 1/2" in diameter and the Cannon is 1/16" diameter.

-Wayne

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's with you guys with the "cannon envy complex". I like my cannon long and stout. Larry & gang, don't you go modding your cannon now :nana:

As a quick update to my tank, it have been running non stop since day 1 (02/28/07). That's over a month already non stop, same batteries set btw medium and high.

On a note of durability, the tank light have withstand a barrage of attack from 2 little toddler (age 1.5 & 2.5). One incident of spilled juice which was easily cleaned thanks to the acrylic.

That's it for now, until next next month's report.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
"The Turret is 1/2" in diameter and the Cannon is 1/16" diameter."

Somewhere along the line, mine was "upgunned" to 1/8" diameter. :D

Larry

Latest posts