• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New product ** Tank Light ** Feeler Interest/Info

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Thanks for reminding me! I've been wanting a 123 version for the longest time. I've been saving all my old 123s just for this. Tanklight mods? Are there any?

:popcorn:

Curious, I know in lights it's not a good idea to mix 123s with different states of charge but does it matter with the tank light?

Last edited:

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for reminding me! I've been wanting a 123 version for the longest time. I've been saving all my old 123s just for this. Tanklight mods? Are there any?

:popcorn:

Curious, I know in lights it's not a good idea to mix 123s with different states of charge but does it matter with the tank light?

I don't think it's a problem to have mixed 123 in different states since the battery drain is very low. I've ran many mixed sets through and had no issues.

As for modding. The LED has holes for a 5mm or a Luxeon/Seoul footprint on the PCB.

You can pry off the top if you are careful. It's held on with E6000 glue.

To remove the existing LED you'll need to remove the one battery holder to expose the backside of the PCB.

I would put one of the new Nichia GS in there.

The PWM control FET is only good for 100mA or so. It's a tiny part.

I believe the series LED resistor is 60 ohms IIRC. Don't hold me to that...

I use a 10cc syringe to dispense the E6000 on the perimeter. The syringe lays down a nice thin controllable layer.

Wayne

I don't suggest you mod the tank light, but, if you are successful I'd love to see you post any information.