New Professional's Favorite 20 Million Plus Candlepower Spotlight

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Is that correct that the top one is the Ti Mega...or it is the other way around? Just curious since the lower picture seems to have the tighter hotspot and cooler beam.

Yes, the upper beamshot is the Mega Illuminator and the lower one is the 20+MCP Pro's Favorite. Those shots show just how well the 20+MCP holds up to the Mega Illuminator for being an Incandescent, so you can see how the 20+MCP would easily stomp a 15MCP Thor, and would possibly outperform many other halogen spotlights with giant 9'' reflectors. :)

Nice colour rendition there on the PF20 :thumbsup:

6000K on the Mega Illuminator really shows up against an Incandescent ;)

It certainly does give perfect rendition being an Incandescent. I took the comparison beamshots you asked for, and I hope you like them! :grin2:

I just looked at this new light at Advance Auto Parts. It's a MONSTER of a light! :caution: The only thing that kept me from buying one is the weight. Not sure what the weight is but it's a little too heavy for what I'd use it for. Still, it's VERY cool!

It is a very heavy light! It weighs more than the original 17.5MCP.

BEAMSHOTS

Here is the comparison between the 17.5MCP and 20+MCP that M@elstrom requested. The tree is around 30 yards away.

Original 17.5MCP
08i.jpg

New 20+MCP
08ii.jpg

Notice the super tight hotspot on the 20+MCP!

Here is another lux/throw comparison between the Mega Illuminator and 20+MCP, which turned out pretty well. They are shining at the top of a power line pole which I estimate to be around 100 yards away from where I was standing.

Mega Illuminator
08iv.jpg

20+MCP
08iii.jpg

STANLEY HID
9877vb.jpg

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean it looks 6000K? I was aware the Ti-Mega was 4200K, well at least mine was anyway.

I stand corrected... by comparison the Mega Illuminator looks to be well above the incan's frequency (though cameras don't capture things like our eyes perceive them) ;)

BlueBeam22 said:
Notice the super tight hotspot on the 20+MCP!

They both appear (from the pic's) to have a similar hotspot, though the 20MCP has a wider spread... nice! :thumbsup:

prius

Newly Enlightened
stopped by the local autoparts store, they were about $ 60 dollars, seem about right? I thought i read on another thread they might be cheaper but can't find that thread now.

thanks

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thank you for more pic BB but I'm afraid they're inconclusive to my eye no matter how long I try to reconcile them. One thought that came to mind was the type of camera you're using. If it doesn't have manual settings which you can lock between shots the results will prove to be completely random. Any chance that's what's happening?

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Thank you for more pic BB but I'm afraid they're inconclusive to my eye no matter how long I try to reconcile them. One thought that came to mind was the type of camera you're using. If it doesn't have manual settings which you can lock between shots the results will prove to be completely random. Any chance that's what's happening?

Yes, I think that might be the problem. I do apologize for the lack of quality in my comparison photos. I do have a very good digital camera with a night photography setting which I will use in the future for comparison beamshots. :)

I will soon take some more pictures of the light itelf, and size comparisons between it and the Mega Illuminator.

They both appear (from the pic's) to have a similar hotspot, though the 20MCP has a wider spread... nice! :thumbsup:

The 20+MCP does have a wide corona, which is really nice. :thumbsup:

stopped by the local autoparts store, they were about $ 60 dollars, seem about right? I thought i read on another thread they might be cheaper but can't find that thread now.

thanks

Yes, $60 is correct for the new 20 Million Plus Candlepower version. It was the original 17.5 Million Candlepower spotlight that sold for $40.

Last edited:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
BB-do you have a POB to compare it to?I'm asking because occasionally I would like to have a quick starting incan alternative.BTW-another great review-keep them coming!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Thank you ANDREAS FERRARI! :thumbsup:

Yes, I do have a POB, and the Professional's Favorite 20+MCP easily out throws it.

I will take more pictures this weekend. :)

Skyeye

Enlightened
WOW! BlueBeam got himself a MOAF! (Mother Of All Flashlights) I love my PF cloud cannon! Mine is the older model without the neat LED's. It will certainly impress your friends and neighbors. Here's a pic of my original model and a beam shot.
sized_P1010001-1-5.jpg

sized_Untitled-Scanned-4.jpg

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! BlueBeam got himself a MOAF! (Mother Of All Flashlights)

Actually... he's had one for ages and so have I for that matter, you chanced upon yours in a thrift store if I remember correctly didn't you? :thinking:

Gotta' love big reflectored lights! :thumbsup:

Skyeye

Enlightened
That is correct Maelstrom I got mine at Goodwill. I was in Academy Spt.Gds. yesterday and they have a clone of the PF. It's called a Blazos or something like that. It is all black and touts a 15MCP beam. It comes as a combo with a smaller light that has a couple of MCP but is less than half the size. They both come in the box with a charger for car and home. $39. I would have got a set but I already have my PF.

Showolf

Newly Enlightened
I must say now that I own one of these throw monsters I am already impressed, and haven't even used it yet... The build quality is tremendous, and its huge reflector is gorgeous! Just finished its 24hr initial charge, and plan on letting it rip at the beach tonight... Gonna be some crazy light output 4 sure!

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
WOW! BlueBeam got himself a MOAF! (Mother Of All Flashlights) I love my PF cloud cannon! Mine is the older model without the neat LED's. It will certainly impress your friends and neighbors. Here's a pic of my original model and a beam shot.

Thank you very much for your nice post and comments, Skyeye! I love your beamshot of your MOF hitting that tree. :thumbsup: I am really amazed by my new one, and I use it all the time. It was able to brightly illuminate some low lying clouds!

I am very sorry for my late reply to this thread. Here are the size comparison pictures between the AmondoTech Titanium Mega Illuminator and Professional's Favorite 20 Million Plus Candlepower Spotlight, as promised. :)

08080916231.jpg

08080916281.jpg

08080916381.jpg

08080916391.jpg

08080916411.jpg

08080916251.jpg

08080916271.jpg

08080916361-1.jpg

lovecpf

Skyeye

Enlightened
They both look like something designed by Gieger (Aliens) and the PF even more so. Everyone here on the forum should have one.:devil:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
They both look like something designed by Gieger (Aliens) and the PF even more so.

+1, the PF really does because of the way the LED lights in the bezel make it look, lol.

Everyone here on the forum should have one.:devil:
I agree that the Pro's favorite is a fantastic light (both the original 17.5MCP and new 20+MCP models), and anyone looking for a powerful spotlight should consider it as IMHO it is hard to beat at its price point.

SunFire900

Newly Enlightened
Based on the photos I would say the MF3500 is twice as bright and 1/10 as small.

True, but it's a LOT harder to lose in the dark, in the night.
icon10.gif
You can't even use a shoulder strap with the MF.
thinking.gif

"I have no use for a light that I can't afford.":sigh:

SunFire900

Newly Enlightened
Some people have all the luck. In my area, none of the Advance stores have this light. Neither the 20 or 17.5 mcp versions. :( Never heard of 'em.:eek:

The same thing happened when I tried to get a Stanley HID. No Walmart in my area had them, either.:mad: Had to order from Amazon.com.

Doing a search, I couldn't find any reference to this light except on CPF. Even the Professional's Favorite website only showed the 17.5 model. :sigh:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people have all the luck. In my area, none of the Advance stores have this light. Neither the 20 or 17.5 mcp versions. :( Never heard of 'em.:eek:

They're rebadged units... over here they're also called "MotorPro" if you can't locate one try instead looking for one of the "Thor" series made by Cyclops, from what I've heard/seen they're more widely available in the CONUS & they also make an excellent HID conversion host! :thumbsup:

prius

Newly Enlightened
We picked our up over the weekend. One day unannounced sale for various items and one of them happened to be this spotlight. $ 29.99 was a pretty good deal. (50% off). Charging now, and did not see if the read light goes out when fully charged or if it just stays on the whole time even after the initial 24 hour charge.

Any input would be nice.

Thanks,