• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New QTC pills?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Are you out of stock with the HiCRI logan heads? I could swear you had HiCRI heads in stock a day ago. Is the warm tint option same as HiCRI?

Yes and yes. Nichia neutral and Cree warm are both high CRI.

Nichia heads are proving difficult to keep available. A larger batch is in production.

Also curious about large/optic. Is this equivalent to a medium or narrow optic?

All OR optics are narrow. These are diameter descriptors:

large logan - standard
large eiger - ultra (same as logan)
small eiger - standard​

I'll take pictures of the options when the flood heads are ready.

De-Lux

Enlightened
Thanks for your time. Much appreciated. Are you going to have flood heads with the Nichia neutral High CRI? If so, when is the ETA? I was also curious if you are expecting any of the Moddo clips for the logan any time soon. Thanks again.

Yes and yes. Nichia neutral and Cree warm are both high CRI.

Nichia heads are proving difficult to keep available. A larger batch is in production.

All OR optics are narrow. These are diameter descriptors:
large logan - standard
large eiger - ultra (same as logan)
small eiger - standard​

I'll take pictures of the options when the flood heads are ready.

De-Lux

Enlightened
ElectronGuru,
Would it be possible to pre-order a high cri Logan with the new nichia 219? I would prefer one with a floodier beam if possible. I would be more than happy to pay in advanced. Thanks again.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I was also curious if you are expecting any of the Moddo clips for the logan any time soon.

Tom is working on more clips as we speak, but I have no basis for an ETA.

Are you going to have flood heads with the Nichia neutral High CRI? If so, when is the ETA?

Yes, but flood heads are still in development, with no ETA.

Would it be possible to pre-order a high cri Logan with the new nichia 219? I would prefer one with a floodier beam if possible.

The 3rd shipment of Nichia heads is due in the next 48 hours. They're all clear/narrow optics, with enough of both logan and eiger sizes to 'populate' every page/model.

elugelab

Newly Enlightened
ElectronGuru: Could it be possible for you to get the Peak Eiger Ultras (in brass or SS) with the Nichia 219?

De-Lux

Enlightened
ElectronGuru,
Thank you for your time. I am going to hold out for the floodier heads. I will keep checking the OR site for their arrival.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
ElectronGuru: Could it be possible for you to get the Peak Eiger Ultras (in brass or SS) with the Nichia 219?

Yes, but new Ultra development is seeing delays similar to the flood heads.

Do we send in complete lights, the head and body, or just the body?

Send only the body, unless you have a unique configuration you think the factory should consider when doing the upgrades.

De-Lux

Enlightened
ElectronGuru,
whom am I kidding. I don't have the patients or the self control to wait for the floodier heads. I will thow a little diffuser film over the lens to get a floodier beam.

I do have one last question in regards to the QTC pill. Do you find that the QTC works better or worse with the momentary switch? Thanks again for your time.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Do you find that the QTC works better or worse with the momentary switch?

I would say about the same - neither. During final assembly, I test each setup like so:

1. install qtc
  2. lube threads, install head
  3. remove head, wipe
  4. install battery, install head
  5. check for twist low/high, low recovery
  6. check for momentary low/high, low recovery
  7. check for twist low, momentary high, low recovery
  8. remove head/battery, wipe
  9. assemble
  10. clean

Step 7 here is a key feature of this setup, making sure the switch will take the low 'setting' up to medium-high, then return back to low when released. The switch doesn't affect the way the head presses on the pill, it simply adds an extra option for doing so.

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
When we do the upgrade option, do we send in the body + head or just the body?

Would it be possible for peak to correct the issue with the TIR in my warm white light as well? Theres a rather large bubble on one side that makes a very visible mark in the beam. the only novelty to it is that it makes it look almost like an older standard bulb (non led) flashlight with an off center bulb.

De-Lux

Enlightened
ElectronGuru,
Thanks for the response. Seems to me that using the rotory switch from the first responder series and installing it into the back portion of the battery tube of a Logan would be a more ideal and reliable setup for variable output. Much like an hds rotory. The down fall would be added cost and length. Have you considered this modification? Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

elugelab

Newly Enlightened
ElectronGuru: Thanks for the answer. Got one more question... Could you get some of the other Eigers in brass?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
When we do the upgrade option, do we send in the body + head or just the body?

Two posts up. ;)
Send only the body, unless you have a unique configuration you think the factory should consider when doing the upgrades.

Would it be possible for peak to correct the issue with the TIR in my warm white light as well? Theres a rather large bubble on one side that makes a very visible mark in the beam. the only novelty to it is that it makes it look almost like an older standard bulb (non led) flashlight with an off center bulb.

I believe you are reffering to the part where the optics are molded when made. I'm afraid nothing can be done about that...

De-Lux

Enlightened

Throw some diffusion film over the lens. Here is a thread for purchasing diffusion film. This stuff works miracles for flawed beams.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Seems to me that using the rotory switch from the first responder series and installing it into the back portion of the battery tube of a Logan would be a more ideal and reliable setup for variable output. Much like an hds rotory.

I have many ideas/requests in with Peak, but they are a small shop and can only do a few major things at a time. Once the flood and ultra and special metals are flowing, we'll look at additional refinements.

Could you get some of the other Eigers in brass?

We're looking at additional metals. Just need to let Peak dig out from other projects.

I believe you are reffering to the part where the optics are molded when made. I'm afraid nothing can be done about that...

+1

The smoothest focused beam is produced by textured reflectors. The smoothest even beams are achievable with no reflector or optic. The point of going with an optic is to get the most possible throw in the smallest possible package. The price for this is beam quality. Assuming you are describing the manufacturing artifact and not some random damage, it is present along the edge of every narrow Logan optic. A similar mark is visible along the edge of every M60 optic, seen here at 2'oclock:

M60.jpg

dy5

Newly Enlightened
Just got my Peak bodies back with their new QTC pills. Took about a week. The improvement is dramatic.
David

Latest posts