New white LED inverter bulb

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by roger:
Has anyone tried putting one of those new inverter (3 led's?) bulbs into the splash light?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you tell where to get one of these bulbs.
As I mentioned before I wanted to put 5 LEDs into it and a boost regulator (and at least two brightness settings, at least 1:4 apart).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
It would be cool if someone put a regulator in this light, too...and even better, the ls-led! Is there not enough space?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A (reflectorless) Lumiled will fit into it and a very small regulator, but you will only be able to drive the LED to some 200mA, maybe less. The heat will get trapped inside the housing (but thats only my estimation, experiments will show it).
The Lumiled with reflectors will fit into the MonoLith.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeLu:
Strange. Can you give us the E1's size in numbers (don't have one here)? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I've never seen one outside of a photograph. I think Brock has one, and he would be the one to ask.

Brock

Flashaholic
Hi, ummm, looking.... 3.25 inches x .8 inches it is 2.5oz in weight. If you ahve any of these light this photo might help
E2-comp.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
hehehe... I don't have a single one of those.
Maybe you should set up your next photo shoot with a couple of the more common LEDs, like a Brinkmann, a Trek 3, and a Turtlelite.
grin.gif

Not the beams, just the flashlights on a table.

That M3 looks like it was ripped out of a plasma injector or an EPS relay on the Enterprise.
smile.gif

PICARD:
"Geordi, I need warp power, and I need it now!!"

GEORDI:
"I can't give it to you sir. Some bunghole tore all the M3's out of the warp plasma manifolds! I'm going to have to eject the core."

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
LOL ok Captain… the E1 is the third from the right in the front row in this shot, there has to be some in there you would recognize
wink.gif

collection0401.jpg

JoeyL

Enlightened
Brock, I'm impressed. That's quite a collection. And I recognize some good stuff in there.

PeLu, the E1 dimensions are 81 mm long, 25 mm wide at the bezel end, 20 mm wide at the body.

I did manage to shoehorn an LS into an E1 with the lens, but it had to be ground down and the bezel drilled (reamed) out. Here is a link to some photos if interested:
null

Don't ask me why I did it. The upcoming ArcLS is bound to be better all around. And cheaper considering the new cost of an E1. I toyed with it as a challenge then I couldn't stop until I got it to work. But it does work well!

JoeyL

Enlightened
Sorry, that web link asks you to sign in. Let's try it this way:
44457780203_0_ALB.jpg

74457780203_0_ALB.jpg

94457780203_0_ALB.jpg

95457780203_0_ALB.jpg

I hope those worked. The last photo shows a comp of Arc aaa, eternalight x-ray, and E1 LS conversion.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
LOL ok Captain… the E1 is the third from the right in the front row in this shot, there has to be some in there you would recognize
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice collection, and creative use of closet space.
Since I have no closets that big or with that much space in them, time to improvise.

Stupid shelving unit, DIGIMODIFY!!
(bang, bang, hammer, smash (oops), hammer, bang, bang, tappa tappa tappa...
And the deed is done.
Granted, two flashlights hold the infernal thing up, but it will do in a pinch.
smile.gif

*click* and there's the picture.
The guy at the Fotomat will probably **** his head all funny and think I'm some kind of weirdo when he sees this picture.
blush.gif

majority.jpg

This is a "substantial majority" of my flashlight collection. It is not every flashlight I own. There are approximately two dozen more that either wouldn't fit the picture, or are "in use" and not available at the moment.
Many lights aren't clearly visible because they're behind other lights, or are too small for my POSMF camera to resolve properly.

One of the lights in here is a loaner, the rest are mine.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like someone will be cleaning up another mess at the next earthquake!
i can see the headlines now.
flashlight junkie buried under his collection.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kc8adu:
looks like someone will be cleaning up another mess at the next earthquake!
i can see the headlines now.
flashlight junkie buried under his collection.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That picture is rather deceptive.... on the lab PSU at lower left, the top meter movement you see in the picture is actually at eye level where I'm sitting. So if things atart to shake, rattle, & roll, I'll have about 150 flashlights coming down on top of me.
mad.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

there's my blue baby, top shelf, on the right! hello darling, kitchy kitchy koo. (now get to work!) - but seriously Stingmon, feel like doing a run time test with the Action light using an alkaline D? ...Or leave that for Brock?

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoeyL:
PeLu, the E1 dimensions are 81 mm long, 25 mm wide at the bezel end, 20 mm wide at the body.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for giving civilized units .-)

Yes, you guys are right, 81mm is less than 70mm and 25mm is less than 22mm .-)

Craig's photo has the SplashLite in the foreground, so it looks much larger.

Has anybody now a SplashLite AND an inverter bulb? And where is a photo of the 3LED inverter bulb? And I think it is not a special LED, it looks more like a NSPW515BS.

Anyway, I would not try to change an E1 (as it is very expensive over here). Maybe to make a spotlight for my ActionLight out of it....

BTW, how waterproof is the E1 (or E2)?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Stingmon, Brock, how about another set of group pics with all the flashlights turned ON?!

Brock

Flashaholic
I too must admit, maybe 1/4 of mine have batteries in them. Just the really bright ones or the ones I use on a regular basis. I just wouldn't want to have to worry about a battery leaking in one of them.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I am not familiar with the term "maxim" but the toliet bowl was clean when I got it, and I disinfected it in the tub afterwards... and no FLASHLIGHT ended up being victimised by it.
smile.gif

Can I flush a dead fish down it?
Probably not.
Can I flush a Starlite down it?
Sure, i can try... but still no cigaret.
Can I wreck the toliet bowl?
Sure, if you give me a pack of M80's.
wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
I too must admit, maybe 1/4 of mine have batteries in them. Just the really bright ones or the ones I use on a regular basis. I just wouldn't want to have to worry about a battery leaking in one of them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All of the ones that use lithium coin cells still have batteries in them. And most recent acquisitions still have batteries in them. But lights I've had for more than six or eight months have been emptied, so I won't wake up to a loud *BANG!* some morning, and find "bunny sh!t" inside some prized light. :-O

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:
Stingmon, Brock, how about another set of group pics with all the flashlights turned ON?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of these don't have batteries in them.
It would cost me my month's social security to feed every one of them, so this is the best I can do:

kickover.jpg

(If you can't tell, this is me kicking over a toliet bowl).
wink.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

rolleyes.gif
what can I say? touche? tushy? maybe; tilt!!! ..are you trying to recall that old maxim; "If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bull----"?? I couldn't quite see into the bowl to check if my Action light was undergoing submersion testing..
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
I am not familiar with the term "maxim"
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
...lost track of this string for a while..but;

1. max·im (mksm)
n.
A succinct formulation of a fundamental principle, general truth, or rule of conduct.
[Middle English maxime, from Old French, from Medieval Latin maxima, from maxima (prpositi), greatest (premise), feminine of Latin maximus, greatest. See meg- in Indo-European Roots.]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language.

2. Max·im (mksm), Sir Hiram Stevens. 1840-1916.
American-born British inventor of an automatic, recoil-operated machine gun (1884), which was widely used during World War I. His brother Hudson (1853-1927) invented smokeless gun powder, and his son Hiram Percy (1896-1936) developed a silencer for firearms.

3. maxim \Max"im\, n. [F. maxime, L. maxima (sc. sententia), the greatest sentence, proposition, or axiom, i. e., of the greatest weight or authority, fem. fr. maximus greatest, superl. of magnus great. See Magnitude, and cf. Maximum.] 1. An established principle or proposition; a condensed proposition of important practical truth; an axiom of practical wisdom; an adage; a proverb; an aphorism.
'T is their maxim, Love is love's reward. --Dryden.
4. (Mus.) The longest note formerly used, equal to two longs, or four breves; a large.
Syn: Axiom; aphorism; apothegm; adage; proverb; saying. See Axiom.