NEW XTAR DRAGON VP4 Plus analyzing charger

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are supposed to be 4 terminal, but they cannot be used as a general purpose milliohm meter.

I suspected they were 4-wire based on the photos, but I found no mention of that in their literature. Do you have a link which confirms it?

Another spec I could not locate are the discharge rates available. Do they specify that anywhere?

HKJ

Flashaholic
I suspected they were 4-wire based on the photos, but I found no mention of that in their literature. Do you have a link which confirms it?

No link, their engineer told me and there is two connections from each probe pin.

Another spec I could not locate are the discharge rates available. Do they specify that anywhere?

No, probably only one, but I will know that in a about a week when I get to test it.

ven

Flashaholic
No, probably only one, but I will know that in a about a week when I get to test it.

:naughty:

:popcorn:

Look forward to your review HKJ, my potential DRAGON VP4 purchase lies in the balance of your impressions:)

HKJ

Flashaholic
Look forward to your review HKJ, my potential DRAGON VP4 purchase lies in the balance of your impressions:)

You need some patience before I publish the review, my first guess is about a month from now.
I do not know if I will be checking the battery pack charging, that depends on if I have a connector that fits.

ven

Flashaholic
All cool HKJ, i understand and will look forward to it for even longer:) all good things come to those who wait...............

Probably be longer than a month before i could source one in the UK anyway, no rush:)

HKJ

Flashaholic
All cool HKJ, i understand and will look forward to it for even longer:) all good things come to those who wait...............

My estimate is based on the time I uses on a normal analyzing LiIon/NiMH charger. I do not know if the Xtar is faster or slower to test and I do not have a manual yet, this makes it a bit more difficult to test all the functions (I expect to get the manual before I am finished with the test).

david57strat

Enlightened
Looking forward to your review HKJ. I'm happy to wait for a high quality review that you are renowned for!

I'm also anxiously awaiting HKJ's review of the Dragon. In the meantime, I'm enjoying these chargers (most of which are XTAR. I'm a huge XTAR fan lol).
Finally, some newer pictures, showing the chargers in use
biggrin.png

The older i4 V2 is all but retired. It sees very rare use.

david57strat

Enlightened
Awesome!!

Sold.

I am getting 4. :twothumbs

I don't now about four; but I'd like to have at least one. I just picked up the MC6 Queen Ant charger, earlier today; and it's interesting, but not nearly as appealing as this Dragon charger

(These model names crack me up).

Last edited:

walterr839

Enlightened
Received it today and am just reading through the manuel a few times to try to figure it out.

Look forward to HJK's review

Last edited:

walterr839

Enlightened
Received it today and am just reading through the manuel a few times to try to figure it out.

Look forward to HJK's review

walterr839

Enlightened
Purchased from Xtardirect $89.95

Worked great for one day

This morning it smells funny and display only flickers

Am in process of having it replaced. I hope

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

Worked great for one day

Bummer and sorry about that. XtarDirect will take care of you at least, as I had a problem and things got settled just fine, albeit in some cost of time/stress.

Anyhow, sounds like something 'melted' down inside.

Good luck with the new one and keep us posted.

Chris

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Worked great for one day

Wow!! Bummer!!

If they let you keep the old one, please take it apart to find the burned/melted stuff. I suspect they may want it back though so they can have a look at it. Thanks for reporting though, so we can see if the problem is isolated or not.

I normally would pre-order, but now I have more than enough chargers and this one is a little pricey and the MC3000 still needs work before I could use it and keep my stress low, so I'll wait a bit longer.