new ZebraLight H30 UI etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I have posted a Poll HERE so that we can see if this UI switch problem is a real design flaw or a rare occurence that doesn't affect all the headlamps.

Edwood

Enlightened
LOL, now I can't get it to lock into momentary now. I'll try later again. But now it't working fine after unscrewing a bit, and even with the battery completely removed. Maybe it's because the battery is not all the way charged? Perhaps it has issues with greater than 3V?

I'll try later with a fresh primary and see if it does the same thing.

Edwood

Enlightened
Just put in a fresh Duracell Ultra 123. Voltage was at 3.243V.

And it's stuck in momentary. :( I'm leaving it alone and see if it goes back to normal.

DM51

Flashaholic
This does not sound right at all - far too many reports of erratic UI problems on brand new lights.

Does anyone have a contact at Zebralight so they can be alerted to this problem and get it rectified?

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Edwood for keeping us updated... but could you please post in the poll thread I've started? I hope it will help identifying how many faulty H30 are out there and maybe help Zebralight to adress the defect if it is one (looks like one unfortunately)

Edwood

Enlightened
Still stuck in momentary. I'll check it again in an hour or so.

Tino_ale, I posted in your poll and voted as well. ;)

tomab

Newly Enlightened
In everyone's opinion does this sound like it would be reason enough to cancel any H30's that might be on backorder and wait for Zebralight to address these issues? Or is this not a "major" issue?

I just don't like being involved in the beta testing phase of new products when hard earned money is at stake. I would think these bugs should have been worked out before public release. Yes...No..?

RdlyLite

Enlightened
In everyone's opinion does this sound like it would be reason enough to cancel any H30's that might be on backorder and wait for Zebralight to address these issues? Or is this not a "major" issue?

I just don't like being involved in the beta testing phase of new products when hard earned money is at stake. I would think these bugs should have been worked out before public release. Yes...No..?

My light came today and all is well with both Li-ion and Primaries. I personally thing a few slipped throught the QC cracks. Just taking a look at how well it was constructed, makes you question whether these are widespread issues (faulty UI).

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope ZebraLight handles this problem well. They have fantastic designs. I would not be surprised if they eventually become one of the leaders. Of course, I would rather they never had any problems at all, but even great companies sometimes have to do a recall (even Surefire). I'm not saying things are at that point yet. However, at this point it would be a recall of three lights.

coors

Enlightened
I have an H30 ordered from Zebralight and even though right now the focus of the H30 is on it's problematic behaviour, as it should be in my opinion...I have a Li-Ion battery choice question. I'm looking at the Tenergy 3.0v 900mah cells and am wondering if these might be a better or worse choice than the 3.7v Li-Ion offerings (AW, Ultrafire, etc.) Is there any difference in how these two different voltage might affect the H30's output...either lumens or runtime? Sorry if I'm not very clear...I'm not very familiar with electronics speak.

coors

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem on the H30 I have - ran it in real world use for about 15 minutes on high and it worked great! Ran through modes several times and on - off cycles all with no problem. This was second batch from 4sevens. This is an AWESOME light - so much nicer having the one handed on - off - mode changing. And it's so small you just reach with your thumb and index finger to squeeze the switch - very ergonomic and easy.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have gotten consistent results now with my 'fix' with different battery types and the 'reset' I found seems to work every time with all batteries - see the link in my last post to see the 'fix' - which is only temporary until you change batteries or lock out the tailcap. We'll have to leave it to Zebralight to make the real fix on this one I suspect - but in the meantime at least you can get your light working right through one full battery use and the fix I found only takes a few seconds.

DM51

Flashaholic
Matrix, I've just posted in the other thread (link below). Well done for finding this fix - excellent work.

We now have 2 threads running on this. I think one should be closed, to avoid confusion and cross-posting. It's too late to merge them, and they are both good threads.

I think for the time being I will close this one as it is probably now being superseded.

Please continue in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.