Nitecore Explorer Series (EC1, EC2, EA1, EA2)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I wonder if the 50% power blink can be turned off. This might be a bit irritating if you like to really drain a battery.

Geoff

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
2 questions here:
- Are those side switches prone to accidental activation? That's one of my few gripes with my Zebralight SC30.
- I would like to see a lower low in the production version (Yes, I'm that guy, I guess)

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 questions here:
- Are those side switches prone to accidental activation? That's one of my few gripes with my Zebralight SC30.
- I would like to see a lower low in the production version (Yes, I'm that guy, I guess)

I can only try and answer your first question:

If the switches are capacitive only the contact with a finger can activate them. No other object should be able to switch the light on but of course if you have the light in your pocket and keep also your hand in the same pocket ... ;)

coaking

Newly Enlightened
Hi F-ice,

They will be available in April at the Sysmax dealers.
Regards :)

Enzo

Newly Enlightened
Very different UI, interesting lights. I hope one of the famous CPF reviewers gets ahold of these and does one of their excellent, thorough reviews.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
I like the compactness of these lights and the side switches is a plus.

At just 2.5 inches, I might pick the EC1 when its available.

saypat

Enlightened
Hi F-ice,

They will be available in April at the Sysmax dealers.
Regards :)

a long while back there were pictures of these lights. I have waited and waited, and still more. The original pictures showed the lights to be blue and yellow.

tam17

Enlightened
(...) The original pictures showed the lights to be blue and yellow.

You mean black with blue switches, like these?

ilwswy.jpg

Cheers,

Tam

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
These new Nitecores do look interesting.

But I'm wondering if the EA1 will also take 14500s?

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think these new Nitecores are potentially wonderful too.
However, does anyone know if they come, or if they will come in 1x18650?

If Nitecore can come up with a version powered by 1x18650 with it's 3100 mAH capacity, combined with the lower internal resistance of the 18650 cell to generate a higher current, to in turn produce more lumens from an XM-L emitter, eg 3 amps will produce a whopping 750 lumens OTF, then I will replace my Zebralight SC600 with this particular E Series Nitecore.
The 1xAA, 2xAA, 1xCR123, and 2xCR123's, while being great lights for their size, don't actually perform as well as the bigger 1x18650 size, but does anyone know if Nitecore has a single 18650 on the way, for those who prefer the bigger 1x18650 format?

Danielsan

Enlightened
I think these new Nitecores are potentially wonderful too.
However, does anyone know if they come, or if they will come in 1x18650?

Its possible, but only the EC2 can be used with 1x18650, the guy in the video said it. Its available in April. I will buy the EA1 and i think the lights are not ugly at all, i mean normal round flashlights are not really good looking to me, those have a kind of modern strange look, i like them.