Nitecore Explorer Series (EC1, EC2, EA1, EA2)

grumbler

Newly Enlightened
Is there any new information about the new Tiny Monsters? I'm very interested in a TM11, but I might wait if the TM15 is set to come out soon.

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
One thing I do not like about these new Explorer lights is the position of the switch.

I only EDC lights with tail switches (Quark AA, Nitecore D10, Fenix LD10, etc) and find it a very natural way to hold and use the light. The side position of these switches might mean I'll pass on them. :(

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I do not like about these new Explorer lights is the position of the switch.

I only EDC lights with tail switches (Quark AA, Nitecore D10, Fenix LD10, etc) and find it a very natural way to hold and use the light. The side position of these switches might mean I'll pass on them. :(

I am interested in them for the exact reason you are not. I find tailcap switches fine in true tactical situations, but for general use a side mounted switch is far more natural to use.

If walking on rough trails by torch light, holding the light as far from your eye level as possible accentuates shadows and makes it safer (less likely to trip) than holding a light at eye level which tailcap switches lead you to do.

Horses for courses.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that video!

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

Palaeoboy

Newly Enlightened
I understand the concept of function over form but they are terrible looking lights. Even the blue button prototypes look better. The D10 with is simple sleek design which obtained almost a cult following seems to be lost in their new designs. I wonder if they will have a cone type diffuser option? They are always handy for camping and worklights. Im not sure that small lights with such a bulbous head will be a winner. Im going to sit in the neutral camp at this stage and wait till people start using them before passing judgement. I must admit though I thought Nitecore was finished with more emphasis being given to their sister company as their model lineup was looking rather bare. At least we know they are still in there with something different.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I'm a collector and I like having different lights.
These qualify.
So yeah I hate the clip and hope it comes off but still I will pick one of these to buy.
After each gets a thorough review I will decide.
18650 is already in the lead.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent last months away from CPF... now I´m back and I saw this new lights! Awesome!!

They look great! I´ll keep my eye in these lights, with the new Surefire EB1! :D

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two buttons look a bit too close together but actual use will tell. I'm hoping for a higher-powered light with those controls - like a 18650/XML or multi-18650/multi-XML light. I wonder why the TM11 didn't come with those dual switches.

So will those dual switches be more convenient to use than the single-switch Zebralight? That is the question.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
User Interface Wish List (rather than forward button for level adjustment and rear button for on-off):

1) From OFF, quick press forward button for preprogrammed high
2) From OFF, quick press rear button for preprogrammed low
3) From ON, long press forward button to ramp up
4) From ON, long press rear button to ramp down
5) From ON, quick press either button for off.

Thanks Nitecore if you're listening out there.

ciccio90

Newly Enlightened
hi to all! any news from explorer series??? i want buy onother EDC lights (i think 1-AA), im pendent between zebra sc51 and these new nitecore EA1......i like so EC1!!!!!!what do you think about and however when we can buy or see the Dataspech of the new nitecore....? thank a lots!

Fritz1234

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

is there any new information about the appearing date for the new Nitecores E-Series ?

lightjunction

Newly Enlightened
We received a production sample from Nitecore and did a quick demo video of the EA2 on our YouTube channel.
If there is something you'd like to see with this model that I didn't put in the video, leave me a comment and I will shoot another with your requests. -LightJunction Jeff

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened
It would be nice to see some real-world reviews (with outdoor beamshots), now when production samples are being shipped. NC country distributors are currently getting conformity certificates for E and new TM series, so it won't be long before those lights start hitting the shelves.

Latest posts