Nitecore SRT 6 Night Officer battery question

SgtQueasy

Newly Enlightened
Received my new Nitecore SRT 6 flashlight yesterday and attempted to ready it for work this AM. Tried six different 18650, flat top batteries and found none of them would spark the bulb. Is my problem that I'm using the flat top battery?
What do you call the alternative to a flat top and can anyone recommend a preferred brand?

Thanks in advance

Sgt. Queasy

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore lights have a polarity ring in the base of the LED board that keeps you from installing a battery with the polarity reversed. Button top batteries are required.

A cheap work around is a small disc magnet on the positive pole of the cell.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I have an SRT7 and button top batteries work fine in it. Maybe there's something different about the SRT6 but I would doubt it.

Last edited:

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an SRT6 and I have to use my Keeppower button top batteries in it. EagleTac's & Nitecore work fine too. There's others but like NoNotAgain above said........Nitecore uses this method to prevent damage from putting the batteries in backwards. All of my flat top cells such as the non protected Panasonic have to be used in something like Fenix with springs on both ends. My Redilast protected batteries won't work either.

olemil

Newly Enlightened
I've always used Nitecore and Orbtronic 3400 protected cells in my SRT6, love both of them. Never tried a flat top so can't help you there, sorry.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Button top batteries work fine in my SRT7. Flat tops do not work at all. There is a plastic ring around the positive terminal at the head of the light that serves as a mechanical reverse polarity protection device.

FlashLion

Enlightened
If you have a soldering iron,you can try to add some tin to the positive contact to make it more protruded.

14046587542_794fa13752.jpg

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please take caution. The ring is there so you don't damage the light in the event that you insert the batteries in the incorrect polarity position.

Use a button top battery or if you still believe you'll never install the battery backwards, use one of the disc magnets.

It only takes one time with the polarity with the battery reversed to blow the light up.