Nitecore TM 06 Tiny Quad led light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
Re: why a rear clicky and a side clicky?

still works for me.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Re: why a rear clicky and a side clicky?

I placed order successfully...with code. Thank you...

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great! Finally, a Tiny light befitting the Tiny Monster family name. Nice! Will definitely get one.
:thumbsup:

+1, now this one really might deserve its name. I was very tempted on the TM-26, but having the TM-15 and missing out on the great pricing for TM-26 it slipped through my fingers a few times. It could be I was meant to have this "tiny" one instead. I hate to buy Nitecore without seeing some hands-on info, but.... deals don't last forever. Hopefully some of my older Nitecore 2600mAh cells will fit I don't want to spend another $40 on batteries since the light won't get daily use.

Mike0585

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I am new to this forum and a new flashoholic. I have always loved lights, but had only gone as extreme as what was available to me. With searching the web non stop the past month, I am amazed at the technology out there.

This Nitecore flashlight looks amazing, I want to buy it so bad, a few days ago I was about to buy it and the Thrunite tn32 as my field flashlight. I am stumped now after hearing about the mods that Vinh is doing on the tk75. It appears I may get both, throw and flood with one light. I also want to get the Nitecore hammer for myself and my Dad being a wicked AA light. I just want good throw and spill/flood.
I tend to go extreme when I get hooked.

Opinions guys? Was hoping to start with the $300-$400 range for 2 lights, maybe one killer light.

Thanks,
Mike

Norm

Retired Administrator
hello everyone,

is the discount code still valid? could anyone please pm me the code.
i'm from germany and the tm06 costs 199€ here which is about 249$:drool:

greetings

All new users with a post count < 3, you do not have PM rights.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all, I am new to this forum and a new flashoholic. I have always loved lights, but had only gone as extreme as what was available to me. With searching the web non stop the past month, I am amazed at the technology out there.

This Nitecore flashlight looks amazing, I want to buy it so bad, a few days ago I was about to buy it and the Thrunite tn32 as my field flashlight. I am stumped now after hearing about the mods that Vinh is doing on the tk75. It appears I may get both, throw and flood with one light. I also want to get the Nitecore hammer for myself and my Dad being a wicked AA light. I just want good throw and spill/flood.
I tend to go extreme when I get hooked.

Opinions guys? Was hoping to start with the $300-$400 range for 2 lights, maybe one killer light.

Thanks,
Mike

Welcome to CPF!!

Grady

Newly Enlightened
Would someone be so kind to PM me the discount code........many thanks

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was getting ready to order the SR Mini, but this light is same size, with more lumens. I anxiously await the reviews from the usual great reviewers.

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
I was getting ready to order the SR Mini, but this light is same size, with more lumens. I anxiously await the reviews from the usual great reviewers.

I would wait for the 06. I honestly don't like the reflector on SR Mini. It's more of a flood pattern light, not throw. I got one 06 ordered, and patiently await its shipment. Want to compare it to TM26, and I believe it's gonna be my EDC since it's even more compact than 26. 125*50 mm is a great size for a 3800 lumen 4*18650 light...

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
Let's hope that Nitecore from now on uses 4 LEDs with THE SAME Kelvin ratio, not a rainbow set I have on my 26.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys know I am a huge fan of the TM series, but the TM06 does nothing for me at all. I don't like rear clickies on large lights, just leads to contortions. The single side switch (or if they wanted two, two side switches like the Sunwayman D40a) would have been a better design, in my opinion. I also would miss the OLED, after using the TM26 and TM36 I absolutely love that feature. Too similar to several existing lights, without any totally unique design elements to set it apart.

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
You guys know I am a huge fan of the TM series, but the TM06 does nothing for me at all. I don't like rear clickies on large lights, just leads to contortions. The single side switch (or if they wanted two, two side switches like the Sunwayman D40a) would have been a better design, in my opinion. I also would miss the OLED, after using the TM26 and TM36 I absolutely love that feature. Too similar to several existing lights, without any totally unique design elements to set it apart.

1. I cant say that the 2 button switch is bad till i click it a few times. Gotta confess that I do like that old one button operation.
2. Oled is cool, but expensive. + it's not that accurate on V readings.
3. Overall smaller light and less stuff like oled is just what i want. If i need to see the voltage, it should blink, like in older TM series lights, and that's enough for me.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
1. I cant say that the 2 button switch is bad till i click it a few times. Gotta confess that I do like that old one button operation.
2. Oled is cool, but expensive. + it's not that accurate on V readings.
3. Overall smaller light and less stuff like oled is just what i want. If i need to see the voltage, it should blink, like in older TM series lights, and that's enough for me.

Was this the point in the TM 06: a more affordable, stripped down version of TM 26 power, but in the round shape (which I love because I love diffuser tips on flashlights), and slightly smaller size?

Another question: do others find the 3400 Nitecore battery significant enough run time increase to justify the purchase? I wrote to Illum S and they referenced an off-brand one that is much less expensive.

For the TM 06 I do wish they retained the plug in charging!

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
Was this the point in the TM 06: a more affordable, stripped down version of TM 26 power, but in the round shape (which I love because I love diffuser tips on flashlights), and slightly smaller size?

Another question: do others find the 3400 Nitecore battery significant enough run time increase to justify the purchase? I wrote to Illum S and they referenced an off-brand one that is much less expensive.

For the TM 06 I do wish they retained the plug in charging!

I don't use flashlight charger: 4.11v charge max.
The 06 is gonna be good enough to carry even in my jacket pocket; and that's an EDC possibility.
Batteries such as Nitecore, AW, Eagletac, KeePower, Fenix are re-branded Panasonic cells, so yes, any of those are good and stand for their capacity.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another question: do others find the 3400 Nitecore battery significant enough run time increase to justify the purchase?

Yes, the TM06 an attempt in getting more 3800 lumen Nitecore lights into flashaholics hands at a price half that of the TM26.

Stripping down the TM26 to reduce the size and weight comes at a slight cost, the loss of the display and the internal charging circuit.

As for the batteries, just verify the overall length of the cell against the Nitecore branded cell, and that the cell uses a button top. Any Panasonic based button topped cell with protection of the correct length will be fine.

My experience on my TM15 and both TM26's is that long cells don't allow for a ground path from the battery tube to make contact with the ground on the lights PCB.

The TM06, now that they are using a rear switch may make the overall cell length even more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.